N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default BM3 + JB4 meth - 07-07-2020, 01:59 PM

Hi, I've been running a stage 2 BM3 flash on my M240i for the past few months and in the never ending quest for more speed I thought I'd best put my old BMS meth kit to good use (previously fitted to my N54 335). I bought a used JB4 with EWG and have just fitted it today. I would like to run the JB4 either as a standalone meth controller or use map 7 if possible with a small boost additive.

I've been reading through many of the posts on the forum, but I'm not entirely clear of the settings I would need to run for either setup. Could anybody help with the most up-to-date settings that I could use?

I've added a Map 0 log (traction issues in 3rd!) for reference before I start installing the meth kit.

Thanks

james
Attached Files
File Type: csv BM3 S2 99ron 3&4th gear.csv (51.0 KB, 45 views)

2016 UK F22 M240i Alpine White

JB4 with EWG, BM3 Back end flash, BMS meth kit CM10, 4.5" dpipe, BMS filter and heatshield
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2020, 05:50 PM

I'd suggest using map7 so boost is increased over the flash target as a function of meth flow. Start with a 65 additive and we can evaluate from there!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-08-2020, 04:46 AM

Thanks for the reply Terry. I guess I leave both meth safety and trigger set to 0?

JB4 with EWG, BM3 Back end flash, BMS meth kit CM10, 4.5" dpipe, BMS filter and heatshield
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2020, 04:38 PM

Yes to start, the default settings

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 07-20-2020, 01:47 PM

So after a bit of a delay, I've managed to install the meth system into the car. For initial testing I'm using a cm7 nozzle (but I've got additional nozzles to upgrade to) with a 65 additive. It looks like that's too high from the logs as it's causing some timing issues and the hpfp to dip. Shall I lower the additive and increase to dual cm7 nozzles? Are there any other adjustments I need to make? Also it seems that the meth flow is dropping over the course of a pull. The tank is a little low so it may be that.

Thanks for all of the help so far.

James
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rd4th_65add.csv (56.4 KB, 41 views)

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2020, 03:24 PM

I'd try getting the meth levels up with dual nozzles and/or a stronger mix to evaluate.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the help Terry. I've fitted the extra nozzle so I'm now running dual cm7's, although I think there might be some air in the line as it's still falling off up top. Is there a way to bleed the air out other than using the purge button? Can I use the gas pedal method like in the n54's?

Here's the log from earlier, I started with a 45add and then went up to 55 towards the end of the log. Traction is now becoming a problem in 3rd, so it's time for better tires!

Thanks

James
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 55add dual cm7.csv (129.7 KB, 35 views)

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2020, 02:06 PM

Looks generally good to me here. Anything over 60 on meth flow is full flow so not too bad up top.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 02:41 PM

That's good to hear Terry, thanks for your help.

James