JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 BMW 320i N20B20
Default Overly significant boost values with Beta 8 - 04-02-2021, 08:49 PM

Terry,
Please see the log below as I am receiving overwhelming boost values on MAP2 for a 320i. Although it honestly didnít feel as if I was hitting these values, Iím not sure as to why Iím seeing a value almost twice as high as I should be in MAP2 for boost. Huge surge. I really did seem to be struggling to even hit target boost as replied in another post, and I still do struggle, but this overboost really is something different. It didnít feel like 21.6 psi in MAP2 for a 320i, but it reported it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Recorded 21.6 Did not feel 21.6.csv (9.5 KB, 134 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 03:17 PM

PSI2 is manifold boost, no spikes at all. You just have some throttle closure here from DSC I presume.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 04-03-2021, 05:11 PM

Thanks for that. I can fix that no problem. But would this be the same case with these logs then, in regards to DSC and throttle closure? Since the new beta, i struggle to hit or get near 14 psi. Don’t know if the car will have to learn it’s way up or if i’m missing something or doing something wrong. I can’t seem to figure it out. I checked back in the app, and all values are still set in stone, nothing has changed, and I didn’t want to change anything until recommended by yourself. (I have changed all recommended settings from the update notes for Beta 8.)
Attached Files
File Type: csv Canít Hit 14 1.csv (14.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: csv Canít Hit 14 2.csv (14.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: csv Canít hit 14 3.csv (11.6 KB, 131 views)
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2021, 09:12 AM

Seems like the car is fine and your understanding of how additive map boost targeting works needs repair.

Boost looks right on target here. Factory boost is 7psi, JB4 is asking for 5psi, you're hitting around 12psi.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 04-06-2021, 07:26 PM

Thank you for the feedback, Terry. I’m just getting started with this. I ended up buying a 320i, got a new charge pipe and the JB4 for it, then turned around and bought a 440i. Looks like I’ll be visiting your site again. ��
Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for the help with the N20 platform. I feel there isn’t much, granted it’s a weak 4-banger platform. But I look forward to tuning my B58 along side you in the future!

Thanks again!