N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#801)
Old

Car: AMG C43
Default 08-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like MB might have changed the sensor calibration for 2019 C300 models. Any 2019 JB4 customers here to confirm the TMAP sensor part number on their 2019 C300, C400, or C450?
Do you need the part number for the sensor on 2019 C43?
(#802)
Old

Car: W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642
Default 08-10-2019, 06:08 PM

Just wanted to chime in and mention that I'm really quite pleased with the JB4 on my E400. Running map 5 for several weeks without issue and it performs quite well.
(#803)
Old

Default 08-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
Just wanted to chime in and mention that I'm really quite pleased with the JB4 on my E400. Running map 5 for several weeks without issue and it performs quite well.
Isnít that too much boost? What fuel are you running?
(#804)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear! If you ever need any tuning advice you're welcome to post a JB4 log to the thread.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#805)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TModell
Isnít that too much boost? What fuel are you running?
10% Ethanol 93 gas (from costco usually). I figured I'd give it a shot and see if I could get away with it. So far no CEL or drivability issues and BMS indicated the logs looked ok. Have been running it this way for 3 weeks and had been using Map 2 for about 3 months before it.
(#806)
Old

Default 08-11-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
10% Ethanol 93 gas (from costco usually). I figured I'd give it a shot and see if I could get away with it. So far no CEL or drivability issues and BMS indicated the logs looked ok. Have been running it this way for 3 weeks and had been using Map 2 for about 3 months before it.
Nice! 👍
(#807)
Old

Car: F32
Default Log Check - 08-23-2019, 05:54 PM

Hi Terry,
Can you please check this log, just ensuring everything is in tip top shape.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-28 20_48_16_Map-2.csv (16.7 KB, 103 views)
(#808)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2019, 10:57 AM

Log looks clean to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#809)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 06:01 PM

Hey Terry, I see there's a dyno graph for what appears be a 400 variant of the M276 turbo on your site now: https://burgertuning.com/collections...-mercedes-benz

Can you elaborate which map and other mods may have been done on that run? Read on mbworld that it was a jb4 in conjunction with *********, just looking for verification. Very impressive!
(#810)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry, I see there's a dyno graph for what appears be a 400 variant of the M276 turbo on your site now: https://burgertuning.com/collections...-mercedes-benz

Can you elaborate which map and other mods may have been done on that run? Read on mbworld that it was a jb4 in conjunction with down-***** (it censored the original word for some reason) just looking for verification. Very impressive!
Editing
(#811)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2019, 03:04 PM

Hey guys, for our C300 customers the 2019+ models have switched to SENT sensors. So previous versions of the MB JB4 are not compatible. We've added a new part number just for the 2019+ C300s that is compatible. Install is basically the same but sensors are in a slightly different location. Will update the install guide with reference photos this week.

Burger Motorsports

(#812)
Old

Car: GLC 43
Default 08-29-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys, for our C300 customers the 2019+ models have switched to SENT sensors. So previous versions of the MB JB4 are not compatible. We've added a new part number just for the 2019+ C300s that is compatible. Install is basically the same but sensors are in a slightly different location. Will update the install guide with reference photos this week.
What is the right part # for a 2019 GLC 43? Do you recommend the BMC too?
(#813)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2019, 09:40 AM

No changes yet for any models other than the 2019+ C300.

If you're in to racing the BCM is suggested yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#814)
Old

Car: 2019 c300
Default 09-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Just installed the jb4 on the 2019 c300 yesterday. It is a complete night and day difference from stock, super happy about the performance of the jb4. Also for 2019 c300 models, the brown patch is much much more accessible. No need to remove ecu and bracket or intake box to reach it. It's right by the firewall and was all installed within 15 minutes.
(#815)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedw205
Just installed the jb4 on the 2019 c300 yesterday. It is a complete night and day difference from stock, super happy about the performance of the jb4. Also for 2019 c300 models, the brown patch is much much more accessible. No need to remove ecu and bracket or intake box to reach it. It's right by the firewall and was all installed within 15 minutes.

Burger Motorsports

(#816)
Old

Car: Amg c43
Default 10-12-2019, 05:41 PM

Having trouble downloading firmware. Unable to drive car with jb4 connected. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
(#817)
Old

Car: C450
Default 10-21-2019, 06:27 AM

Hi, can you check my logs? c450 w/ bms intake. Green plug is in.

Both logs are WOT followed by 3rd gear pull.

Map 2 log is with 93 octane. Map 5 log is with 25% e85 mix.

Can you please let me know if both look ok. Also if there is room to potentially tune it further on map 6?

Finally a question... Obviously I want to run e85 with map 5 for performance, but is it mandatory to run map 5 when I have an e85 mix? I.e. would it be okay to run map 0/1/2 when I have an e85 mix in the tank?

EDIT: Oh, I guess another question... does it look like BCM would add performance?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-21 03_25_48_Map-2.csv (26.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-21 03_45_04_Map-5.csv (23.7 KB, 67 views)
(#818)
Old

Car: C400
Default 10-21-2019, 07:51 AM

Your map 5 is almost identical to my C400 map 6 (+8psi over stock) log from today.
We have similar temps, boost, etc. I have BMS intake too.

Yours looks ok to me. trims are actually in better shape than mine but mine might just need to learn a little with the E30 i just put in.

Interesting the C450 is almost exactly +3psi over the C400's commanded boost from ECU and exactly 30hp most in stock form.
So your overall boost average is ~14.3 and mine is ~14.7psi.

Edit: you are safe to run E30 mix on other maps and even stock, just wont see the benefit of it. you might actually be safe to run just 93/94 with map 5. I can with the C400 due to lower stock boost levels than the C43.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-21 07_17_39 (C400)_Map-6.csv (20.3 KB, 70 views)
(#819)
Old

Car: Mercedes C400
Default 10-22-2019, 03:28 PM

Hi Terry,

I have couple runs using Map 6 with +8.2 psi over stock. C400 On E35.
How does everything look?

Attached a couple of Map 7 logs as well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-07 22_49_05_Map-6.csv (10.9 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-07 21_44_27_Map-6.csv (11.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-26 22_52_11_Map-7.csv (10.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-08 00_09_54_Map-7.csv (8.8 KB, 57 views)
(#820)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindigj
Hi, can you check my logs? c450 w/ bms intake. Green plug is in.

Both logs are WOT followed by 3rd gear pull.

Map 2 log is with 93 octane. Map 5 log is with 25% e85 mix.

Can you please let me know if both look ok. Also if there is room to potentially tune it further on map 6?

Finally a question... Obviously I want to run e85 with map 5 for performance, but is it mandatory to run map 5 when I have an e85 mix? I.e. would it be okay to run map 0/1/2 when I have an e85 mix in the tank?

EDIT: Oh, I guess another question... does it look like BCM would add performance?
Runs look fine to me. You can use E85 mix on lower maps without issue. You could probably push boost higher with a BCM and higher settings if you wanted, but that should be done based on performance testing like with a dragy or dyno, to see if the extra boost is actually making you any faster.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#821)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnguyenc400
Hi Terry,

I have couple runs using Map 6 with +8.2 psi over stock. C400 On E35.
How does everything look?

Attached a couple of Map 7 logs as well.
Look OK but with the higher targets, I wonder if you wouldn't be better off with a lower target but more WGDC via the BCM to drive boost up higher.

Burger Motorsports

(#822)
Old

Car: 2017 C43
Default 10-23-2019, 09:15 AM

Hey Terry,

Currently running jb4 on my 17 c43, couples questions for ya.

1. Does the e85 Fuel mix negatively impact the car at all? i.e Fuel pump?
2. Is it better or is there any benefits of running e85 mix than run higher octane unleaded fuel or vice versa, for example right now im running map 5 with 96 octane by mixing 100 octane racing fuel and 91 octane fuel (California).
4. Will running E85 mix for maps 1 and 2 increase performance rather than just 91 fuel?
3. I was using map 1 for a while before I purchased and installed the bluetooth module and the car felt slower in sport+ than it did without pre jb4 install. But map 5 is wonderful.

And ofcourse im planning to post up a couple logs once i get the chance to get some open roads.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hankweed012; 10-23-2019 at 12:46 PM..
(#823)
Old

Car: 2017 C43
Default 10-23-2019, 12:47 PM

Edit: Heres a log of a short run on Map 2 and a decent run on map 5.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-10-23 10_39_30_Map-5.csv (8.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv 2019-10-23 10_49_12_Map-2.csv (5.5 KB, 66 views)
(#824)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2019, 12:56 PM

So far we've not seen any negative effects from running lighter mixtures and they can be run on all JB4 maps improving octane and performance on all maps.

Log looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#825)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 10-27-2019, 02:37 PM

The install guide link in the starter post is "404 not found" for me. Is there another link I can try?

JB4, ISO, FF wires, Vishnu DP, AFE axle back, K&N drop in, CX Racing FMIC & charge pipe, Vorschlag plates,
H&R sway bar, Stoptech rotors, Apex EC-7 wheels, Bridgestone Pole Position tires.