N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#551)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-26-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanC
Here is what ford diagnosed and fixed as per my fault that stored in the ECU.
Same P400 issue here, dealer replaced tube. Removed JB and no more codes. Could the 3 of us have bad boards?
(#552)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-26-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
Same P400 issue here, dealer replaced tube. Removed JB and no more codes. Could the 3 of us have bad boards?
I just got my new board in the other day. Haven't had a chance to install it. Will install tonight and keep you gents posted.
(#553)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
Not likely but different problems can cause the same symptom.

If you'd like to separately test something out, clear all codes, and remove the JB4 mobile adapter from your system and see if the code returns without it attached.

Also P400 is not an actual code. If using iOS update to the BETA version of the app as they corrected a code reading bug that would give the wrong number out. Android was auto updated a few months ago I think so update the app if yours did not and check the code again.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#554)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 07-26-2019, 06:47 PM

Interesting. Ok ill try this on Monday.
Thanks Terry
(#555)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not likely but different problems can cause the same symptom.

If you'd like to separately test something out, clear all codes, and remove the JB4 mobile adapter from your system and see if the code returns without it attached.

Also P400 is not an actual code. If using iOS update to the BETA version of the app as they corrected a code reading bug that would give the wrong number out. Android was auto updated a few months ago I think so update the app if yours did not and check the code again.
Hey Terry, put the new board in and after about 150-200kms the code came up again. Cleared code and came back again. Do you want me to try it without the Bluetooth adaptor connected? Can I just disconnect the power so it doesnít power up? Or remove completely? Let me know.
(#556)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-27-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry, put the new board in and after about 150-200kms the code came up again. Cleared code and came back again. Do you want me to try it without the Bluetooth adaptor connected? Can I just disconnect the power so it doesnít power up? Or remove completely? Let me know.
The other customer is testing that so sit tight for the moment, working on a firmware update.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#557)
Old

Car: mercedes c400 and Golf R
Default 07-30-2019, 04:35 PM

Sorry to get off topic to what you guys are talking about but had a quick question. Will a 15-16 3.5L jb4 work on a 17+? I remember a bunch of the VW jb4s worked the same on different vehicles. Thanks!
(#558)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgieoff
Sorry to get off topic to what you guys are talking about but had a quick question. Will a 15-16 3.5L jb4 work on a 17+? I remember a bunch of the VW jb4s worked the same on different vehicles. Thanks!
No it's a different harness.. There are 3 harnesses for the EcoBoost. 2011-2014, 2015-2016, and 2017+.

Burger Motorsports

(#559)
Old

Default 08-02-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
The other customer is testing that so sit tight for the moment, working on a firmware update.
Morning Terry, any update on this.
(#560)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Morning Terry, any update on this.
Sent update last week but not heard back yet. If you also want to help test just email me terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#561)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2019, 03:14 PM

Added ECO_7 to the first post. If anyone is getting a false alarm CEL let me know how it does!

Burger Motorsports

(#562)
Old

Car: 2019 f150 2.7 Ecoboost
Default 08-05-2019, 03:23 PM

So far so good 350 miles on the new update and no CEL.
(#563)
Old

Default 08-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Added ECO_7 to the first post. If anyone is getting a false alarm CEL let me know how it does!
Have had the new ECO_7 firmware since Friday and done 700kms. No engine!!
(#564)
Old

Default 08-10-2019, 08:18 AM

Terry...I just received my jb4 yesterday. Wow, that shipping was fast! I'm planning on using my Bluetooth dongle from my mk7 jb4. Anything I need to do with that or the app before during up the jb4 on the Ford? Wasn't sure if I had to clear all my saved maps and stuff on the app.
(#565)
Old

Default 08-10-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Terry...I just received my jb4 yesterday. Wow, that shipping was fast! I'm planning on using my Bluetooth dongle from my mk7 jb4. Anything I need to do with that or the app before during up the jb4 on the Ford? Wasn't sure if I had to clear all my saved maps and stuff on the app.
Bluetooh has nothing to do with maps other than selecting said map. It's simply there to communicate with your phone. Just like a data cable.
(#566)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Nope just install it to the new JB4 and you're good to go.

Burger Motorsports

(#567)
Old

Car: 2019 raptor
Default 2019 raptor - 08-14-2019, 06:49 PM

Hello I just ordered my jb4 for my 19 raptor. I did not purchase the wireless setup since Iím not tech savvy. Do I just plug and play this or do I have to chose different options with the cable for the laptop I ordered?
(#568)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpas1973
Hello I just ordered my jb4 for my 19 raptor. I did not purchase the wireless setup since I’m not tech savvy. Do I just plug and play this or do I have to chose different options with the cable for the laptop I ordered?
It's Plug and play. map1 which is how it's shipped. So long as your OBD cable is plugged in. If you want to change any maps you will need the cable or the wireless kit.
(#569)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssf150
It's Plug and play. map1 which is how it's shipped. So long as your OBD cable is plugged in. If you want to change any maps you will need the cable or the wireless kit.
What other maps can I change too? I hate asking stupid questions but I am not computer savvy at all.
(#570)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
What other maps can I change too? I hate asking stupid questions but I am not computer savvy at all.
Check out the first page of this thread. It lists the maps and what they are for.
(#571)
Old

Default 08-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssf150
Check out the first page of this thread. It lists the maps and what they are for.
Thank you. How do I change the mode?
(#572)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Hello I just ordered my jb4 for my 19 raptor. I did not purchase the wireless setup since Iím not tech savvy. Do I just plug and play this or do I have to chose different options with the cable for the laptop I ordered?
Just plug it in and enjoy!

Burger Motorsports

(#573)
Old

Default 08-15-2019, 01:59 PM

Terry...What is the best way to datalog with the 10 speed transmission? I know with my mk7r I'd do a low rpm 3rd gear pull in manual mode to avoid the kick down.

Also is avg_ign what we are looking at for logging the timing? I don't think this platform does the individual cylinder display

Thanks in advance
(#574)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2019, 03:42 PM

He can be tricky, just a 4-5-6 run is usually OK, or a simulated 1/4 mile, depending on what you're looking for.

Avg_ign is the peak knock timing retard (in any cyl) with the latest firmware. The lower the better, but on lower grade fuels there will always be a little.

Burger Motorsports

(#575)
Old

Default 08-18-2019, 04:40 PM

do i need to download an app to change the maps?