JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old
Jezabelle Jezabelle is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2020
Car: 335xi
Default Runing bms pi controler with flash only? - 07-01-2022, 10:31 AM

Can i run the new mhd and only use jb4 for pi control? And if so how?
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,736
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-03-2022, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezabelle
Can i run the new mhd and only use jb4 for pi control? And if so how?
Not 100% sure but most likely you would have to ditch all the JB4 stuff.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Tuppidsay Tuppidsay is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 203
Join Date: Sep 2013
Car: 2008 535i
Default 07-07-2022, 03:32 PM

Look up JB4 flash only. You set the jb4 gauges menu to 4/4 and disconnect the white sub connector from the jb4 and return that connector back to stock. Set to map 1 and leave your pi controler settings. you can still log with jb4. Set to map 0 to log with mhd but i believe that will turn off the pi. Not sure.


2008 BMW 535i SPORT - FBO - VTT GC V2 - JB4 - Duane Pugh BEF - Bms PI Meth
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,736
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-07-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuppidsay
Look up JB4 flash only. You set the jb4 gauges menu to 4/4 and disconnect the white sub connector from the jb4 and return that connector back to stock. Set to map 1 and leave your pi controler settings. you can still log with jb4. Set to map 0 to log with mhd but i believe that will turn off the pi. Not sure.
The problem is, or may possibly be, he is asking for the new MHD.
Setting to map 1 as you suggest would conflict (I would think) with new MHD that also has map switch via steering wheel controls now. Also anti lag and is triggered same way as BMS has theirs set up along with another trigger via stalk on column.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Jezabelle Jezabelle is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2020
Car: 335xi
Default 07-07-2022, 06:15 PM

I don't think that would be an issue its easy to disable the steering wheel controls and just use the cruise stalk with mhd. Might run into conflicts with jb4 and mhd using can bus. I like my jb4 but i want to start messing with some things i defined from the damos and custom logging chanels on jb4 isnt an option
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Demigod
 
Posts: 1,736
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-08-2022, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezabelle
I don't think that would be an issue its easy to disable the steering wheel controls and just use the cruise stalk with mhd. Might run into conflicts with jb4 and mhd using can bus. I like my jb4 but i want to start messing with some things i defined from the damos and custom logging chanels on jb4 isnt an option
And how would you switch maps on MHD ? They now offer up to 4 maps to switch from via steering wheel control.
If you can get it all to work (highly doubtful),JB4, pi, and lpfp trigger via pi controller AND latest MHD with anti lag and map switching on the fly let us know !
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Jezabelle Jezabelle is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jul 2020
Car: 335xi
Default 07-08-2022, 05:07 PM

To switch maps on mhd id just disable steering wheel butons on both jb4 and mhd. Then use the cruise stalk for mhd. Its not what iam after tho the whole reason i wanna run without jb4 and just use the pi controller is to log custom params so if i still have to log with jb4 its pointless and a waste of time. Idk if it would work theres really no need besides having load interpretation on flex fuel to. Imo not worth the hastle looks like I'll just have to go reflex
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2022, JB4tech.com