JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2015 Ford Escape
Default Ford Escape Logs.. - 03-16-2021, 08:14 PM

Hi, after talking with someone from your sales department, I purchased a JB4 for my company work car. Its a 2015 (or 2016) Ford Escape SE with the 1.6L ecoboost engine.

It is installed and is not throwing any codes but after playing around with it and even trying the more advanced maps, I don't think its doing much.

Here's my logs..

Map 2
P22_M2_R1_210316_161235 - Google Sheets

Map 1

P22_M1_R1_210316_161844 - Google Sheets

Thanks
Ken
(#2)
Old

Default 03-16-2021, 08:21 PM

I forgot to add, my old daily was a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro. I kept hearing about how the JB4 transformed their cars, so I thought I'd try it on my new (to me) work car.

Not expecting 13 second 1/4 mile times but the Escape def needs some more oomph and the last few turbo cars I've had, they have all performed well with just some bolt ons and piggy back tuners..

The last Piggy back tuner I had (Neuspeed power module), it took the car a few miles before I was able to feel the power difference.. am I just not waiting long enough or should the JB4 kick in right away?

Thanks
Ken

P.s. Are all the ford ecoboost Jb4s the same, other than the harness? My Jb4 is from a mustang and it has sensors swapped from the mustang.. or the 3 wire sensor is on the manifold for the escape but it is the on the charge pipe of the mustang...
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipendicular
Hi, after talking with someone from your sales department, I purchased a JB4 for my company work car. Its a 2015 (or 2016) Ford Escape SE with the 1.6L ecoboost engine.

It is installed and is not throwing any codes but after playing around with it and even trying the more advanced maps, I don't think its doing much.

Here's my logs..

Map 2
P22_M2_R1_210316_161235 - Google Sheets

Map 1

P22_M1_R1_210316_161844 - Google Sheets

Thanks
Ken
Just attach the CSV files to the post if you can. Not a google sheets users so would have to figure out how to download the files off there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 03-17-2021, 05:32 PM

Here you go..

Thanks
Ken
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M2_R1_210316_161235.csv (62.7 KB, 194 views)
File Type: csv P22_M1_R1_210316_161844.csv (138.6 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by hipendicular; 03-17-2021 at 05:38 PM..
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipendicular
Here you go..

Thanks
Ken
OK I think I see the problem. We're not getting some of the CANbus channels so the JB4 is not turning on.

Load platform 51 Ghibli firmware next and relog map2. The tuning is similar but the CANbus logging is different.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 03-18-2021, 05:33 PM

Thank you so much Terry.. I'll try this out tomorrow... Just one thing.. when yo say re-log map 2, does that mean run it on map 2 and log and post it up here?

Thanks
Ken
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2021, 07:15 PM

Exactly! Or if I forget to check here email is quicker, terry@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default 03-19-2021, 04:43 PM

Ok, that worked and wow. The car feels transformed almost into a performance car vs feeling really rental car-ish.

Here's a few logs and one of where i exceeded the max boost and it shut down to map zero.. LOL It was pulling hard and then it back to stock... night and day difference.

I'm playing around with map 6 and am doing 3 to 4 psi. Would I ever need to touch the fuel or duty bias?

Also do I need to give the car some time to adjust to the different maps?

Let me know what you think of the logs.. I upped the max boost to 23 psi and so far it hasn't thrown any codes..

Thanks
Ken

P.s. Is there anyway to see what the other maps are? (I.e. Like map 6).
Attached Files
File Type: csv P51_M1_R1_210318_174743.csv (6.6 KB, 185 views)
File Type: csv P51_M2_R1_210319_125012.csv (6.4 KB, 194 views)
File Type: csv P51_M3_R1_210319_131224.csv (9.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: csv P22_M3_R2_210308_0651.csv (218.0 KB, 185 views)
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-20-2021, 11:30 AM

Some adaption time is needed between mapping changes for full performance.

Fuel and duty bias columns won't be touched.

Map2 is probably a good place for it right now. I'll work on further refining the firmware later to add in some addl parameters I'd want to see before customers experiment with higher boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 06-30-2022, 09:01 PM

Hey Terry. I'm picking up my new company escape tomorrow (probably a 2022 MY) and was wondering, can i swap my Mustang Jb4 that i was using my 2016 Escape on the new one? I see that you guys actually have a new Escape Jb4, so fingers crossed...

Lastly, man does my old Escape feel sluggish with out the JB4. My old escape would have been pretty quick if it wasn't for the really crappy 6 speed auto that these cars came with..

Thanks
Ken
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2022, 08:50 AM

The 2022+ models uses a JB4 Ford V3 version, which is different than your Mustang JB4. But the same JB4 mobile adapter can be used!

Burger Motorsports