N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2015, 08:48 AM

Meth sprays on maps 3, 6, and 7 by default.

To have it hold a specific boost level while in anti-lag mode you'd also need a dedicated anti-lag boost target. Which is also something we're working on adding. The hold up on that right now is the interface. I can't add any more fields without having to redo 10x JB4 firmware versions and confusing customers with firmware to interface mismatch issues for years to come. Which we don't want to deal with.

So to get it done quickly we need to retask an existing user adjustable for it. One option might be to use the 1st gear boost limit field as the anti-lag boost limit value. Another option would be to take the map 6 1500rpm boost value as the anti-lag limit. Both values would limit the anti-lag gear regardless of gear or map, of course.

Thoughts?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#352)
Old

Car: E92
Default 10-15-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

To have it hold a specific boost level while in anti-lag mode you'd also need a dedicated anti-lag boost target. Which is also something we're working on adding. The hold up on that right now is the interface. I can't add any more fields without having to redo 10x JB4 firmware versions and confusing customers with firmware to interface mismatch issues for years to come. Which we don't want to deal with.

So to get it done quickly we need to retask an existing user adjustable for it. One option might be to use the 1st gear boost limit field as the anti-lag boost limit value. Another option would be to take the map 6 1500rpm boost value as the anti-lag limit. Both values would limit the anti-lag gear regardless of gear or map, of course.

Thoughts?
As a fellow developer, I'd much rather a declaritive approach and have the interface show what it is (e.g. "Anti-lag max boost"). I think having a version control with a backwards compatible interface would be ideal.

That being said, given the two options presented, I'd do the map 6 1500rpm setting as it is basically useless (PWM is 100 at WOT on spool-up anyway).

Max boost in first gear is still useful independent of anti-lag.

These updates are awesome Terry. We appreciate it.

AL user.

TS N54
(#353)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 10-15-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
That being said, given the two options presented, I'd do the map 6 1500rpm setting as it is basically useless (PWM is 100 at WOT on spool-up anyway).

Max boost in first gear is still useful independent of anti-lag.

These updates are awesome Terry. We appreciate it.

AL user.
X2 ^

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#354)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2015, 01:50 PM

At some point we're going to have to redesign the interface anyway to allow for the PI integration tuning. So I'm just holding off any major interface changes until then.

Do we have a second on the map6 1500rpm boost target doubling as the anti-lag target?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#355)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-15-2015, 01:51 PM

I dont use map 6 so I second it...

2008 535i RB Turbos, ER Charge pipe, Tial BOV, 2.3 gal BMS Meth 75/25, Dual nozzle CM10 and CM7, BMS Race Flash, 3" Down Pipe, JB4 ISO G5, N20 Map Sensor, BMS OCC, BMS PCV Valve, JB4 Mobile App, 12.3 @ 116 mph
(#356)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 10-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell8
I dont use map 6 so I second it...
Same here - if I lost first gear boost reduction my tires would cry.

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#357)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Thumbs up 10-21-2015, 01:07 AM

Quote:

Thoughts?
Map 6 1500rpm boost value sounds perfect to change!
(#358)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM

installed

Worked fine for a couple days.

Then it got really cold, in the 30s and then this didn't work. I see that I have to change something for "cold weather cars", I have to go into the flash?

Or do u have a flash for it?

Thank you

335- stock
(#359)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-22-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Why not use the 3rd gear limit spot? If people are doing this they need to set up their car properly.

335- stock
(#360)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 10-22-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky92
Why not use the 3rd gear limit spot? If people are doing this they need to set up their car properly.
Because then you restrict the boost limit outside of anti-lag function
(#361)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky92
installed

Worked fine for a couple days.

Then it got really cold, in the 30s and then this didn't work. I see that I have to change something for "cold weather cars", I have to go into the flash?

Or do u have a flash for it?

Thank you
Do some logs of it not working and lets check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#362)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 10-23-2015, 04:02 AM

Terry if you use the map 6 function, How will this effect map 6 users? Also if you use a stand alone meth kit like HSF4 how will using the anti lag feature work or will it work?

Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#363)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-23-2015, 03:06 PM

The map6 boost target at 1500 is useless anyway as no one is getting to target below 2000rpm.

Shouldn't be any problem using anti-lag with any meth kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#364)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 10-23-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
The map6 boost target at 1500 is useless anyway as no one is getting to target below 2000rpm.

Shouldn't be any problem using anti-lag with any meth kit.
Really need to get this and try a 2nd gear launch at the track.

Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#365)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 10-27-2015, 05:10 AM

Man for cold weather areas, I have to reflash whenever I want to drive when it is sub 40... I just tuned it out for now, any way to fix this yet? Like maybe switch the iat target to like sub 0, or even 220+?

Last edited by LsWhat; 10-27-2015 at 05:23 AM..
(#366)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsWhat
Man for cold weather areas, I have to reflash whenever I want to drive when it is sub 40... I just tuned it out for now, any way to fix this yet? Like maybe switch the iat target to like sub 0, or even 220+?
None of the cold weather guys are willing to provide any logs on it so not much we can do until we see the data.

Burger Motorsports

(#367)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 08:46 AM

Not really sure if you need a log to figure it out terry. It's 22* out in the morning, I drive my car on the highway, the iat is 32*. It goes to -25* timing. Anything over let's say.. 70 load and I'm in anti lag timing, never mind if I put my foot to the floor.

11.03 @ 129.67. Quickest awd 335, and still on stock turbos
(#368)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 08:51 AM

Where does IAT go when engaging anti-lag mode when the IAT is 32? We can shift how the JB4 applies the function in cold weather and then you can adjust the flash table so the effect does not kick in until say 20 degrees.

Burger Motorsports

(#369)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 08:55 AM

Terry, when do you anticipate having the A-L max boost setting implemented?

I get surge when I try to use this every time.

Thanks

TS N54
(#370)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Ok tomorrow morning I will check where the iat drops too. I was under the impression that it was always around 20-21 * iat when holding the button

11.03 @ 129.67. Quickest awd 335, and still on stock turbos
(#371)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard
Terry, when do you anticipate having the A-L max boost setting implemented?

I get surge when I try to use this every time.

Thanks
It's been posted for a week or so under v31.8, bottom of the N54 sticky, for evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

(#372)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsWhat
Ok tomorrow morning I will check where the iat drops too. I was under the impression that it was always around 20-21 * iat when holding the button
The JB4 is set to do that but we need to find logic that works for all climate conditions. I just don't have any data on sub 40 degree weather cars to consider. Provide the data and we can work on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#373)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 10-27-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Where does IAT go when engaging anti-lag mode when the IAT is 32? We can shift how the JB4 applies the function in cold weather and then you can adjust the flash table so the effect does not kick in until say 20 degrees.
In the northern climates, we would actually have to use below zero, or maybe switch it to above 150 degrees. 20 degrees would still be to close to our normal range. Heck, I can get below that with methonal right now 😉
(#374)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-27-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboyorak
In the northern climates, we would actually have to use below zero, or maybe switch it to above 150 degrees. 20 degrees would still be to close to our normal range. Heck, I can get below that with methonal right now 😉
I think we can go to around -20f if needed. Keep the data rolling.

Burger Motorsports

(#375)
Old

Default 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
It's been posted for a week or so under v31.8, bottom of the N54 sticky, for evaluation.
The ST sticky has to 12_2 firmware as the latest. [edit] I see the ISO firmware, but which version do we use for ST, 12_2?

TS N54

Last edited by The Leopard; 10-27-2015 at 06:30 PM..