N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default Custom BMS flashes for your Euro-spec N54 - 05-05-2015, 09:20 AM

EDIT: No longer necessary.

Last edited by Element; 06-03-2016 at 12:46 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 05-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Good reference for everyone. Should help others out with all the confusion. Nice work!

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 05-05-2015, 01:31 PM

That's correct
Who helped you to fix this?

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash

Last edited by trebila; 05-05-2015 at 01:42 PM..
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 05-05-2015, 03:24 PM

If loading the Flash with MHD you can keep the torque monitor ceiling as per BMS flash. If using BB flash, you must use your stock bins values.

I also like to keep the Load Target RPM values per my stock bin. EU cars start at 1300 whereas US cars start at 1775. Takes a little more effort to pair up and smooth the load target values, but i prefer it.
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 05-05-2015, 04:26 PM

This a great, will need to look into it.

@Element and Trebila, a DIY video will surely help those who have never used tunerpro etc...
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2015, 06:10 PM

We can use this thread for EU flash discussion.

What fault code is triggered using a USA based BIN? The DTML code for the system EU cars are not equipped with?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 6MT
Default 05-05-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
If loading the Flash with MHD you can keep the torque monitor ceiling as per BMS flash. If using BB flash, you must use your stock bins values.
But we should still keep the stock bin 2C77, 78, 7B, 7C & MAP Max Voltage right?
(#8)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 05-05-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac
But we should still keep the stock bin 2C77, 78, 7B, 7C & MAP Max Voltage right?
MAP voltage yes.
The others are undefined items in my version of the xdf. i never copy undefined items and always leave them as per my stock bin.
(#9)
Old

Default 05-05-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
That's correct
Who helped you to fix this?
Some guy named David

Wasn't quite sure you wanted to be mentioned here

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#10)
Old

Default 05-05-2015, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

What fault code is triggered using a USA based BIN? The DTML code for the system EU cars are not equipped with?
I've seen 2A13 DMTL diagnoses module tank leakage, leakage diagnoses pump, input signal a few times. If memory serves scanning with BT revealed an accompanying shadow code as well.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#11)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 05-06-2015, 01:23 AM

I got the same code. 2A13
(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 05-06-2015, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba114

I also like to keep the Load Target RPM values per my stock bin. EU cars start at 1300 whereas US cars start at 1775. Takes a little more effort to pair up and smooth the load target values, but i prefer it.
Does this explain lag\less response below 1775 RPM?

(I'm on the Race flash)

Last edited by AWSAWS; 05-06-2015 at 05:44 AM..
(#13)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-06-2015, 02:32 AM

just compared map voltage on a euro map that wedge did for me last year and its the same as the mhd bms flash, 4.80. My stock file is the same

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade

Last edited by enrita; 05-06-2015 at 02:40 AM..
(#14)
Old
Legend

Default 05-06-2015, 05:00 AM

if you want to apply BMS tweaks on your stock bin:
first step, make a copy of your stock bin, and save it as my_stock_bin.bin, instead of .org.

then in tunerpro:
file ->open Bin -> select my_stock_bin.bin
then
xdf-> select xdf -> choose the right xdf according to your DME version (IJE0S, I8A0S...)
then:
Compare -> load compare bins -> bin 1 : select my_stock_bin.bin
bin 2: select the BMS bin you want to copy over your stock bin
-> OK

then
Tools -> difference tools

in the first box, it should be my_stock_bin.bin, in the second box, select the BMS bin.
very important, check "limit search to defined items only " as below:

then click search.

all different defined items between both bins are listed.
select all items, except those listed below ( map max voltage and torque monitor ceiling):

and click "copy selections from right to left".

click "close", then File -> save bin as "my_own_new_backend.bin" and done !!

Last edited by trebila; 05-06-2015 at 06:28 AM..
(#15)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-06-2015, 05:56 AM

what happens if you copy all the values? guess car won't start or throwing codes? also just compared again my stock bin with bms one and i could not find map max voltage

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade

Last edited by enrita; 05-06-2015 at 06:12 AM..
(#16)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 05-06-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita
what happens if you copy all the values? guess car won't start or throwing codes?
Then you'll just be the same as the bin file and may get codes it sounds like.

I wonder can I keep my low end Torque targets with the race flash to avoid a lag feeling low down?
(#17)
Old
Legend

Default 05-06-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita
also just compared again my stock bin with bms one and i could not find map max voltage
That means they are the same on both bins.
previous BMS US bins had 4.57 in map max voltage, whereas it was 4.80 in stock EU bins.
I think Terry switched to 4.80 in all his BMS bins.

(#18)
Old

Car: BMW E92 335ia
Default 05-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

DTML code (for me and few other get custom flash from Finish "BMS dealer" how knows how to do it. That code is now history:-)

But I is the 2AAE Fuel pump "gost code"?
*last firmware helped mine rattling for quet bit, but now I think I have little mor lag for first few meter when I hit the pedal? Why?
*Last firmware is great for me, thank you for that:-)

BMW E92 335ia
518hp/664nm
1/4 mile 12,231s/194,57km/h (stock 19" tyres)

JB4+MHD custom Trebula Flash (Map6 25psi, E85 100%), BMS meth. kit(CM5), 3.5 bar TMAP, BMS CP, Modified BMW OEM turbos, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP (Walbro 450), Fuel-It TBI, Wagner Evo II performance FMIC, VRSF **, Custom inlets 2,5"+Pipercross DCI, BMS OCC, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, BMS cowl filter, RB PCV Valve / H&R sport spring / PE exhaust mod / Custom Differential Lock Down Brace
(#19)
Old

Car: E92 335i mt
Default 05-06-2015, 02:45 PM

I flashed my car with my original EU .bin with modifications transferred from the BMS E85 MHD Flash and the write took 1-2mins. Is this normal? I expected a full write. I had the original US BMS E85 MHD Flash already in the car.

I'm just wondering if the MHD Flasher wrote only the defined tables' data? Both the "Flash a custom map" and the "Flash a JB4 backend" options gave me the same write time.
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
I've seen 2A13 DMTL diagnoses module tank leakage, leakage diagnoses pump, input signal a few times. If memory serves scanning with BT revealed an accompanying shadow code as well.
EU cars don't have that DTML system so that code should be disabled in the flash file. I'll add that to the next go around of base flash maps. Any others?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoikkas
DTML code (for me and few other get custom flash from Finish "BMS dealer" how knows how to do it. That code is now history:-)

But I is the 2AAE Fuel pump "gost code"?
*last firmware helped mine rattling for quet bit, but now I think I have little mor lag for first few meter when I hit the pedal? Why?
*Last firmware is great for me, thank you for that:-)
Gas pedal has a more linear mapping. 40% input = no boost while 100% input equals the full target. While OEM is more like 30% = no boost while 80% input = full target.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Hi Terry,

2EF4 & 2A13 I thought it was my car but someone else on the forum mentioned they had both codes after flashing.
(#23)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-06-2015, 03:59 PM

yeah, that might be me. 2EF4 and 2A13. Once I got two lambda codes, but do not know if it has something with the flash.
The same with thermostat. I will change it with new turbos anyway.

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF
(#24)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 05-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
if you want to apply BMS tweaks on your stock bin:
first step, make a copy of your stock bin, and save it as my_stock_bin.bin, instead of .org.

then in tunerpro:
file ->open Bin -> select my_stock_bin.bin
then
xdf-> select xdf -> choose the right xdf according to your DME version (IJE0S, I8A0S...)
then:
Compare -> load compare bins -> bin 1 : select my_stock_bin.bin
bin 2: select the BMS bin you want to copy over your stock bin
-> OK

then
Tools -> difference tools

in the first box, it should be my_stock_bin.bin, in the second box, select the BMS bin.
very important, check "limit search to defined items only " as below:

then click search.

all different defined items between both bins are listed.
select all items, except those listed below ( map max voltage and torque monitor ceiling):

and click "copy selections from right to left".

click "close", then File -> save bin as "my_own_new_backend.bin" and done !!
Out of interest David, am I looking for an Address of simply the Item Title?
Attached Images

(#25)
Old
Legend

Default 05-07-2015, 02:10 AM

item title only, as adresses will vary between IJE0S, I8A0S ...