N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
The picture in the link is not for my car it is 5hp19 for Audi or Passat , mine is 6hp21 and these parts are not special at all, they are all like stock. Could any of you please send the picture of my trans that can held 1000hp ? I'll be appreciated if I see them.

I have two things in my mind. One them is ,
Firstly to purchase a new valve body and a new torque convertor and send level ten , and when they just about to send back them to me after the their upgradings, at that time to set up an order for the internals upgrade and get all three upgrades at the same time and only installing left then in the dealer.

And the other thing in my mind is to purchase your this product .
Product Code: BMW-G1800-9000P

What contains this built from scratch trans ?
Does it include the those three things I am trying to all to gather ?
Attached Images

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#27)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 04-19-2015, 04:19 PM

Built from scratch in my opinion.Good for MOTIV 750 or 900HP.
(#28)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 04-19-2015, 05:23 PM

level10 is NOT in south jersey lol. I live in South jersey and it took me 2+ hours to drive the car there

Hope it works ou for you guys, i never really got to put mine to the test
(#29)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-19-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
level10 is NOT in south jersey lol. I live in South jersey and it took me 2+ hours to drive the car there

Hope it works ou for you guys, i never really got to put mine to the test
From S. Jersey to Hamburg yeah thats a boring ride.

E90 SEDAN '08
-SiNGLE TURBO AUTO TRANS*FSB G5 ISO*100%METH**FUEL iT!STAGE 2*ALPiNA FLASH-
-NGK PLUGS*BMS OCC*RB VALVE-
-E85 MHD FLASH-
(#30)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 04-20-2015, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
So it means it's a big waste having motiv 750 or 900 without a level 10 built from scratch upgrade kit, right?
it is really difficult for me to have that upgrade just because of the distance I live in Turkey 15.000 km far from New Jersey
I wish they had a dealer around here , that time can't wait to have it.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#31)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
So it means it's a big waste having motiv 750 or 900 without a level 10 built from scratch upgrade kit, right?
it is really difficult for me to have that upgrade just because of the distance I live in Turkey 15.000 km far from New Jersey
Or just get a manual transmission

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#32)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 09:20 AM

I just did the valvebody upgrade. That didn't hold 600+wt
It did hold 23psi with the VM kit then when we upped the psi to 25 and it started to struggle then slipped once and trans light came on. After that 23psi was holding but struggling, lowered it to 20psi and it was fine. So 20psi is still low 500's for torque I believe. Since then no more trans issue with lower power. VM kit gone obviously and car back to stock.

Reason for me not doing the full upgrade was I wasn't convinced. Even Terry hasn't reached 600wt on his car and it's a lot lighter which has its benefits. I want to see 600+wt AT on Level 10 and going to every 1/2 mile race events a year and doing 3-4-5 runs 10+ times.

Highway pulls don't count for me. A lot less stress and slower speeds.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#33)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-20-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
It did hold 23psi with the VM kit then when we upped the psi to 25 and it started to struggle then slipped once and trans light came on. After that 23psi was holding but struggling, lowered it to 20psi and it was fine. So 20psi is still low 500's for torque I believe. Since then no more trans issue with lower power. VM kit gone obviously and car back to stock.

Reason for me not doing the full upgrade was I wasn't convinced. Even Terry hasn't reached 600wt on his car and it's a lot lighter which has its benefits. I want to see 600+wt AT on Level 10 and going to every 1/2 mile race events a year and doing 3-4-5 runs 10+ times.

I'm at 23PSI and i'm to scared to keep going on a stock 6AT. Ughhh decisions, decisions.

You drove your car hard correct? I'm pretty gentle with mine outside of a few highway pulls a week.
(#34)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-20-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:

Why weren't you convinced? If Terry's could hold roughly as much power as yours without slipping or anything that would be proof that it works, correct?
As more people start getting higher and higher power with the 6ATs, I'd think we'd eventually find the best solution. Apparently the hardware in the Level 10 build is supposed to be just fine, but what I keep hearing people talk about is the "line pressure".

Do we need to hack the TCU? How can we get around "Torque Limit Active 4" for higher load flashes? How can we ensure we are getting the appropriate pressure to the transmission? This honestly could be the next "Supra" with how much power these engines make with stock internals, but we are still limited to what we can change with the TCU which is virtually nothing at this point.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#35)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 04-20-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Why weren't you convinced? If Terry's could hold roughly as much power as yours without slipping or anything that would be proof that it works, correct?
As more people start getting higher and higher power with the 6ATs, I'd think we'd eventually find the best solution. Apparently the hardware in the Level 10 build is supposed to be just fine, but what I keep hearing people talk about is the "line pressure".

Do we need to hack the TCU? How can we get around "Torque Limit Active 4" for higher load flashes? How can we ensure we are getting the appropriate pressure to the transmission? This honestly could be the next "Supra" with how much power these engines make with stock internals, but we are still limited to what we can change with the TCU which is virtually nothing at this point.
Line Pressure is exactly the problem. We need TCU writing capabilities. Thats why I don't believe any transmission no matter how well built is going to hold for an extended period of time at 600WTQ unless its stripped out like Terry's car. The force going through the clutch packs is enormous how could we expect to hold them with stock pressure, its unreasonable. Weight makes a big difference as well, those of us with xdrive are almost 3900 pounds thats a lot of weight to be pulling around. All of that has to go right through the clutch packs. I believe the problem is that the trans adapts over time so if you "overdrive" the valve body to raise pressure the trans will adapt over time to request less from the solenoids. We really need to find an exploit because cracking the key probably won't happen.

Last edited by Nniftyfour; 04-20-2015 at 12:21 PM..
(#36)
Old

Default 04-20-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
Line Pressure is exactly the problem. We need TCU writing capabilities. Thats why I don't believe any transmission no matter how well built is going to hold for an extended period of time at 600WTQ unless its stripped out like Terry's car. The force going through the clutch packs is enormous how could we expect to hold them with stock pressure, its unreasonable. Weight makes a big difference as well, those of us with xdrive are almost 3900 pounds thats a lot of weight to be pulling around. All of that has to go right through the clutch packs. I believe the problem is that the trans adapts over time so if you "overdrive" the valve body to raise pressure the trans will adapt over time to request less from the solenoids. We really need to find an exploit because cracking the key probably won't happen.
^ This. I would imagine it's v similar to "upgraded" radiators that in theory should help, but in practice are largely ineffective since the DME just slows waterpump cycling to compensate.

The DME/TCU wants to see certain values/ranges (obviously, all based off stock load, advance, temp, etc), until/unless we can gain some type of command over the TCU I think we're kinda just pissing into the wind with upgraded hard parts.

Regardless, Terry seems to have had awesome results w/ the built transmission. So i'm really hoping this works out for others driving more street trimmed cars (weight).
(#37)
Old
Legend

Default 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM

Well I sent Alpina an email to see if they'd help out. I doubt they'll answer, but it's worth a shot.

VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#38)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 02:38 PM

Terrys car is not apples to apples vs any other build even if you have the LEVEL 10 kit. His car weighs 3050 with him sitting in it. That takes load off the car and makes it easier for the tranny. It is NOT a DD either, and I would say it probably sees at most 5k miles a year LOL.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old
Legend

Default 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM

So when Alpina tells us they won't be able to help, who in the community would be able to help us with the TCU? This seems like kind of an important obstacle to overcome.

(#40)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
Motiv 750 is good for 700hp if pushed.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#41)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
I have the Motiv 750 (for sale actually) abd I am fine at 23-25psi with stock AT.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#42)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:

With valve body kit upgrade did you notice difference in shifting?

E90 SEDAN '08
-SiNGLE TURBO AUTO TRANS*FSB G5 ISO*100%METH**FUEL iT!STAGE 2*ALPiNA FLASH-
-NGK PLUGS*BMS OCC*RB VALVE-
-E85 MHD FLASH-

Last edited by SPANKY; 04-20-2015 at 03:38 PM..
(#43)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPANKY
With valve body kit upgrade did you notice difference in shifting?
From what he told me, yes. It was a bit harder and solid. Not that big of a difference.

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 04-20-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Because the most torque Terry has put down at the airstrip is 540 I believe. I was over 580 and had dynoed 620wt. My car is about 500lb heavier then Terry's.

The question also is this. Even if full built Level 10 trans works. How long will it hold? Are you okay with rebuilding it every 6 months? Let's just say.

Terry has been super smart with his build. He didn't just think about power. He went all out with weight, turbo size, etc. Hence why he has the fastest N54 in the world (roll) with a lot less power then everyone else with single turbo N54's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
From what he told me, yes. It was a bit harder and solid. Not that big of a difference.
I could feel a little difference.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old
Legend

Default 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Because the most torque Terry has put down at the airstrip is 540 I believe. I was over 580 and had dynoed 620wt. My car is about 500lb heavier then Terry's.

The question also is this. Even if full built Level 10 trans works. How long will it hold? Are you okay with rebuilding it every 6 months? Let's just say.

Terry has been super smart with his build. He didn't just think about power. He went all out with weight, turbo size, etc. Hence why he has the fastest N54 in the world (roll) with a lot less power then everyone else with single turbo N54's.

I could feel a little difference.
No I'm not ok with rebuilding it every 6 months. If everything works the way it is supposed to, that shouldn't even be close to being an issue. I am ok with paying a fair amount 1 time to have something "bulletproof" to a reasonable extent. Car manufacturers are able to make transmissions capable of handling these power levels so the hardware part shouldn't be the issue with something like the Level 10 setup. If the TCU is what is holding us back, let's figure out some way to overcome it. I'm sure somebody around here knows a guy that knows a guy that would be able to make a better TCU flash at BMW or maybe Bavarian Technic. If not why can't we work on a piggyback solution to trick it into thinking it needs more line pressure?

Edit: If we can't figure something out, maybe we could get this guy to make a custom TCU/TCM. http://i-code.net/bmw-750il-custom-t...ontrol-module/

Last edited by Dmac @ BMS/DMD; 04-20-2015 at 05:01 PM..
(#46)
Old

Default 04-20-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
I have the Motiv 750 (for sale actually) abd I am fine at 23-25psi with stock AT.
Selling? Why?
Quote:
No I'm not ok with rebuilding it every 6 months. If everything works the way it is supposed to, that shouldn't even be close to being an issue. I am ok with paying a fair amount 1 time to have something "bulletproof" to a reasonable extent. Car manufacturers are able to make transmissions capable of handling these power levels so the hardware part shouldn't be the issue with something like the Level 10 setup. If the TCU is what is holding us back, let's figure out some way to overcome it. I'm sure somebody around here knows a guy that knows a guy that would be able to make a better TCU flash at BMW or maybe Bavarian Technic. If not why can't we work on a piggyback solution to trick it into thinking it needs more line pressure?

Edit: If we can't figure something out, maybe we could get this guy to make a custom TCU/TCM. http://i-code.net/bmw-750il-custom-t...ontrol-module/
Therein lies the rub. Don't think we've found a soul with the interest, time, and skill to take this project on in earnest.

Even if we were to get basic control over the TCU, we still don't have a good sense of how it interacts with the DME. It's going to be complicated....

Down to help fund it if we can find the expertise. I certainly agree, rebuilding a $5K trans on a yearly basis is not a viable solution. For that money I could swap in numerous stock 6ATs and just blow through 'em.
(#47)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Default 04-20-2015, 05:40 PM

I honestly hope Level 10 works. I will be checking this post regularly.
If AT 335i can put down 600+wt run after run then that's when the game begins with N54.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 04-20-2015, 06:23 PM

I'm down to help the community as well by donating money to someone willing to put the time and effort into cracking the TCU. Always down for helping out! Despite having a MT, still enjoy seeing people being able to enjoy the money they put into their cars.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#49)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Get that tranny working and prove us all wrong. Then we don't even need him to do anything to the TCU. I can't wait to see your tests on that and the videos. I know you put your car to the test

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 04-20-2015, 08:22 PM

Has anyone heard of a guy going by the the name of mOdcr4zy? I've read an extensive post on another forum from a few years back where he was creating his own tcu and altering line pressures to smooth out his shifts. The thread was called "making a transmission control module(TCM) from scratch(for the 4hp24).

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/FUEL IT STAGE 3 LPFP/HKS BOV/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST