N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 10-30-2014, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QP_Nick
The Rear Pipe will come as a two Piece Pipe to install them without Engine dropping.
It will be also possible to Upgrade These ***** from 15T Stock inlet to 19T+ modidifed Compressor inlet.

Cheers,
Nic
This will definitely help with gains and allow the 15T+ compressors to operate more efficiently.

We would've stopped at this point but for those REALLY wanting the bigger power (reliably)… more needs to be addressed such as the charge piping leaving the turbo to the Intercooler hot side. But at that point might as well install the proper compressor housing too, since you are now replacing both the in and out plumbing anyway.

I've attached a picture so you can see the size of the plumbing leaving the OEM turbo, this is no trick photography/photoshop/etc, but this certainly is not the proper channel for 300+rwhp per turbo. What it is the proper channel for is a 150rwhp per turbo and instaspool, the fact that we squeeze 250+rwhp out of it (per turbo) is amazing in itself. The 2nd picture illustrates what the proper plumbing should look like to move 300+rwhp worth of air (per turbo).

We should have the plumbing design all tacked up by this weekend, most other custom stuff is done already. Couple custom bits still need machined, but I'd say the project is about 80% done at this point.

Thanks,
Rob
Attached Images

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#52)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-30-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalRocker
Less focus on the billet compressor wheel as I think I agree the benefits in the 15t are likely negligible. The turbine however in the 11 blade set-up as I have read performs very well in this set-up. The spool and the ability combined with your new balancing and TLC being put into the CHRA is definitely noticeable!!! They make the boost at my current settings with ease and constantly try to push above the boost target. This was not the case prior (falling off target in the upper RPMs). I'd give yourself the credit here man, these are a finely honed pair of snails that want to MOVE!!! The torque output is insane! It is a complete night and day difference man! Put these into a 135i and see some new records easily made!!! From here out I'll let the results speak for themselves on Nov 7th!!!
The good news is that you both have the perfect comparison, identical turbos but one with a clipped 12 blade vs. the 11 blade turbine. Both are very nice and I tend to think the difference will be negligible but it will be nice to see some actual data amongst them.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#53)
Old

Car: 135
Default 10-30-2014, 06:28 AM

Your right,
the only difference is that before the Compressor housing is no boost pressure, so negative pressure Till to vacuum.
After it you can push more Throw tiny ***** like the OEM by increasing the boost pressure.
But I'm with you that Bigger outlet-fmic ***** would have a positive effect.
How much Bigger are the Compressor outlets on your 15T or 19T upgrades? Or did you Let them in Stock dimensions because of the restricted OEM piping?

I questioned it because i have considered to make some bigger outlet ***** as well.
(#54)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-30-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Your right,
the only difference is that before the Compressor housing is no boost pressure, so negative pressure Till to vacuum.
After it you can push more Throw tiny ***** like the OEM by increasing the boost pressure.
But I'm with you that Bigger outlet-fmic ***** would have a positive effect.
How much Bigger are the Compressor outlets on your 15T or 19T upgrades? Or did you Let them in Stock dimensions because of the restricted OEM piping?

I questioned it because i have considered to make some bigger outlet ***** as well.
We are going with inlet plumbing (into TD04 Compressor housings) of ~2" ID (Original is ~1.3"). Our outlet plumbing (from TD04 Compressor housings toward IC) is ~1.8" ID (original is ~1"). This is typically sufficient to handle the airflow demands for the power levels we are trying to achieve (600+rwhp). The much larger compressor housings will allow for a efficient means to handle the airflow as well, meaning more stable IAT's and less overall strain on the compressor wheel and other turbo internals as well.

Thanks,
Rob

(#55)
Old

Default 10-30-2014, 06:56 AM

Thats a huge difference from td03 to td04 housings.
But the compressor inlet and outlet positions will be other than on Stock so there Must be designed new inlet and outlet ***** if i get it right?! So nomore stock plumbing bolt on Solution possible for this update.
But that was just a question of Time Till the OEM plumbing was at the limit. :/
(#56)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-30-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Thats a huge difference from td03 to td04 housings.
But the compressor inlet and outlet positions will be other than on Stock so there Must be designed new inlet and outlet ***** if i get it right?! So nomore stock plumbing bolt on Solution possible for this update.
But that was just a question of Time Till the OEM plumbing was at the limit. :/
You are correct it is not an easy task. Which is why this is more of a "Stage 3" system than a "Stage 2" system. But it is what is recommended to reliably achieve power levels that the bigger wheels (ie. 19T+) are capable of providing. This was discussed in the first post of this thread.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 10-30-2014 at 07:17 AM..
(#57)
Old

Default 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM

Yes youre right. Its really more a stage3 upgrade and no more a real just bolt on turbo set.
A complete twin turbo set up is not far from that...so at this point i for me would think about an real twin turbo set up with maybe two "little" BW ER 6758, because the changes on inlet and outlet ***** i also had on these "stage2ē" upgrade.
Or are there so many other factors i didnt consider?
You know what i mean?...i just thougt as i saw that first post here "oh these big bolt onīs donīt work like we would love to see, is that the endpoint of upgraded hybrids and start of a "bolt on" twin turbo package?"
(#58)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-30-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Yes youre right. Its really more a stage3 upgrade and no more a real just bolt on turbo set.
A complete twin turbo set up is not far from that...so at this point i for me would think about an real twin turbo set up with maybe two "little" BW ER 6758, because the changes on inlet and outlet ***** i also had on these "stage2ē" upgrade.
Or are there so many other factors i didnt consider?
You know what i mean?...i just thougt as i saw that first post here "oh these big bolt onīs donīt work like we would love to see, is that the endpoint of upgraded hybrids and start of a "bolt on" twin turbo package?"
Not horrible idea but EFR's are massive and the wrong choice considering the real estate we are dealing with on the N54, plus ultimately people have to be able to afford it.

Rob

(#59)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 10-31-2014, 08:42 AM

Wait so let me get this one straight, a non bolt on "stage 3" type kit, that doesn't give you the benefits, power potential, or turbo choices of a real stage 3 set up, but does give you slower spool, requires a ton of changes to fit it to your car, and its more expensive. This should be a hot seller...

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#60)
Old

Default 10-31-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Wait so let me get this one straight, a non bolt on "stage 3" type kit, that doesn't give you the benefits, power potential, or turbo choices of a real stage 3 set up, but does give you slower spool, requires a ton of changes to fit it to your car, and its more expensive. This should be a hot seller...
How are your 2+ turbos performing? Have you shipped them all and what are the traps?
(#61)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 10-31-2014, 09:23 AM

please, not again ....

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#62)
Old

Car: BMW 135, Yamaha fz8
Default 10-31-2014, 09:50 AM

Omg well this is robs tread so I hope some how the admins can delete that comment and the ensuing argument

2008 BMW 135i MT: Stock turbo FBO
502whp 593wtq
11.995 @122.08. 60' 2.041
3180lbs w/o driver
(#63)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 10-31-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Yeah, keep on trying to compete by bad-mouthing the competition instead of getting your own product out there in any significant amount with any significant tangible results.

Great way to spend your time and attract more customers

You're a f*ckin' head-case, Tony.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#64)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 10-31-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
How are your 2+ turbos performing? Have you shipped them all and what are the traps?
"Ohhh THANK GOD you have a trade in offer! because the first gen stage 2s I have are leaking all over the place and I've not even had them a year. I will be sending an email very soon. Thanks!

enough said.....LOL

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#65)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 10-31-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
requires a bunch of changes? uhmm if i remember correctly you set your WR with the unreleased shotguns AND WITHOUT THE TURBO INLETS.

where are the dyno sheets with the turbo inlets back on? uhmm yeah
or do you require your customers to run without them to achieve what STOCK UNMODIFIED RBs are making with a redesigned turbo inlet system?

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#66)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-31-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input, but I am not sure it is possible for you to get anything straight so it is best to just not waste the time attempting to do as such.

Rob

(#67)
Old

Default 10-31-2014, 12:11 PM

Didnt want to get in this discussion but, hell VTT has such a bad reputation here in Europe. I mean some guys here has 3 new stage2 kits and every time it was damaged before install or any oil leaks after a few hundret kilometers.
I know a lot of guys with problems are just donīt posting anything on internet because the are afraid of the consequences...no more support, long complaint time and other stuff.... just my 2 cents about that.
(#68)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-31-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Didnt want to get in this discussion but, hell VTT has such a bad reputation here in Europe. I mean some guys here has 3 new stage2 kits and every time it was damaged before install or any oil leaks after a few hundret kilometers.
I know a lot of guys with problems are just donīt posting anything on internet because the are afraid of the consequences...no more support, long complaint time and other stuff.... just my 2 cents about that.
You want to know what really irks me about VTT... He sh1ts all over robs threads all the time. the second pure turbos makes an informative post in his "s55 upgrade thread" on bimmerpost about the specs on the S55 turbos he goes and cries to the moderators to remove it. Even though there was no bashing of any sort just an informative post strictly about the specs on the stock S55 turbos from another paying vendor....AND THEY REMOVED IT. Tony you are a little under educated child of a turbo builder. Keep up the good work rob

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#69)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 10-31-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Well here you are again Tony you claim Rob is in your threads but its always you, so just food for thought and I am sure anyone that has been around for any length of time does not need a reminder but I will give a little on your turbos. Stage 3 three years in the making, stage 2's sold a 100 plus you claim but no real tangible videos, dyno's, airport runs, vbox data anything from any truly satisfied customer of their gains.

I put my RBs on within 2 weeks dyno'd showed the results from a previous dyno compared to RB's. Took it to the track showed previous 11.6 traps to my new 11 second traps and the 6-8 mph increase in trap speed consistient 123 mph vs 116-118 mph stock. I just went again on Sunday and ran some consistent 11.4s-11.6 in 87 degree weather trapping 123 in that heat stock 116 would probably been the norm for me in the warm conditions.

I bet Rob has his new turbos out before your colossal non existent stage 3's. And I will run any of your stage 2's, plus whatever you call them anytime of the day, with my regular RB's. Just let me know if anyone remotely near SC has a set. I will meet them somewhere time to put your superior turbos to the test.

Oh wait let me get this straight no one claims to have any or they don't like to go to the track or run them, and you have no real reason why, because they are **** and no one wants to own up to buying ****.

Time slips from Sunday added I still have a 2nd gear issue that kills power prior to shift but getting it dialed in this is in hot 87 degree weather so called it good after 3 pulls. I like to do the track when it is 68 degrees or cooler since the 1/4 mile is pretty tough on the engine as is so..
Attached Images

2011 335is DCT
Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos | PSP outlets | RB Inlets | Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner Dpipes's | JB4 G5/MHD| Fuel-it stg 2 bucketless LPFP | ER Charge Pipe with Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92

Last edited by deltalima0; 10-31-2014 at 02:31 PM..
(#70)
Old

Car: Merc
Default 11-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Thanks for the input, but I am not sure it is possible for you to get anything straight so it is best to just not waste the time attempting to do as such.

Rob
+1
(#71)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-02-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:

(#72)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-02-2014, 10:28 PM

I know its early days but this thread seems to be the closest to resolving this lovely OEM restriciton us RHD owners have as standard ! I hope it proves to be very successful for all involved.
Attached Images

(#73)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-03-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHotness
I know its early days but this thread seems to be the closest to resolving this lovely OEM restriciton us RHD owners have as standard ! I hope it proves to be very successful for all involved.
Thank you for the pic. Do you have another that shows the same perspective but a little higher?

(#74)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 11-03-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
No offense, but the absolute best thing you could do for your company would be to hire someone with acceptable communication skills and a good manner to represent your products online.

Being humble speaks volumes. Why not just sit back and let your products speak for themselves? When you have zero real world performance figures and constantly try to attack the competition, it just drives people away from even considering your product. Talk is cheap, go get some real world figures for all of your products and let them sell themselves if they really are better than the other options out there.

2009 E90 335i
(#75)
Old

Car: 08 e92 335i
Default 11-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Please stop posting and go back to selling imaginary turbos.
Closed Thread