N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyper
Bring it on Terry!

Nice car, congrats! Looking forward to our tune only battle. You gonna bring it to Willow roll on event?
Tempted to bring it to Famoso next week. We'll see!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 01-26-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That is250 is awful but in theory my wife would drive it if she drove. It's lease and has another year left on it. Until then it gets to stay parked in the "bad" spot in the driveway where the tree dumps crap on it year round.
LOL, I just did the same with the 135. I upgraded the 03 Mercury Grand Marquis'to the BMW's space.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2013 C63 AMG
Default 01-26-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Tempted to bring it to Famoso next week. We'll see!
Oh please bring it! That would be awesome! Would it have your stage one tune?

2015 Nissan GTR
FBO E85
665whp/668wtq (SAE Dynojet 224)
(#29)
Old

Car: 08 BMW 335i
Default 01-26-2014, 09:08 AM

Terry, any interests in tuning the GTR ? or all your work on BMW only?
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrou
Terry, any interests in tuning the GTR ? or all your work on BMW only?
No that market is overly saturated as it is.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Oh please bring it! That would be awesome! Would it have your stage one tune?
No I think I'll drive it 4hrs round trip to race it factory stock...

Definitely a tune. Prob won't have time to get ********* on it by then though. You make around 600rw at SpecialtyZ right? I guess I'll need to be in the same range to have a chance. The other issue is the M5 is a DCT so launching is a headache. Launch mode won't work until I have at least 2000 miles on the car and that will definitely not happen by next weekend.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
No I think I'll drive it 4hrs round trip to race it factory stock...

Definitely a tune. Prob won't have time to get ********* on it by then though. You make around 600rw at SpecialtyZ right? I guess I'll need to be in the same range to have a chance. The other issue is the M5 is a DCT so launching is a headache. Launch mode won't work until I have at least 2000 miles on the car and that will definitely not happen by next weekend.
I make 625whp/730wtq SAE at Specialty Z and just put up almost identical numbers at EAS dyno day. Comparable STD results were 644whp/750wtq. U and I should make for a great matchup.:

2015 Nissan GTR
FBO E85

Last edited by xtyper; 01-26-2014 at 09:59 AM..
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Crap I need to get busy!

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Car: 335
Default 01-26-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I make 625whp/730wtq SAE at Specialty Z and just put up almost identical numbers at EAS dyno day. Comparable STD results were 644whp/750wtq. U and I should make for a great matchup.:
750wtq, that is nuts. That is a solid ~130+wtq more than any tuned M5 I have seen.

It will be interesting to see what kind of torque the DCT can handle.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit
750wtq, that is nuts. That is a solid ~130+wtq more than any tuned M5 I have seen.

It will be interesting to see what kind of torque the DCT can handle.
I've got my work cut out for me but I think we can get there on the power with ********* and some tuning tricks. As long as we get close on power he'll just spin his tires with all that torque trying to get the jump on rolling races....

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: 335
Default 01-26-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I've got my work cut out for me but I think we can get there on the power with ********* and some tuning tricks. As long as we get close on power he'll just spin his tires with all that torque trying to get the jump on rolling races....
I wonder how the new awd E63 would come into play. Added weight, but lots of traction.
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-26-2014, 12:26 PM

Holy crap...that poor Lexus Their going to get that car back and the paint is going to have a bunch of blotches where the bird poop has sat and eaten at the clearcoat....

That M5 looks nice....can't wait until you get the M3

Congrats!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Holy crap...that poor Lexus Their going to get that car back and the paint is going to have a bunch of blotches where the bird poop has sat and eaten at the clearcoat....

That M5 looks nice....can't wait until you get the M3

Congrats!
It's just leaves, etc. I run it through a $5 drive through car wash every week or two just to keep neighbors from complaining about it.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit
I wonder how the new awd E63 would come into play. Added weight, but lots of traction.
Good question. I bet they haul in the 1/4!

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I put new tires on the back and they hook hard in 2nd. Toyo R888's. And maybe I will just have to get sine ********* too then for the roll on.

2015 Nissan GTR
FBO E85
(#41)
Old

Car: M5
Default 01-26-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Terry I know its VERY early but wondering how you felt about that speed limiter? I don't know how much time you've spent around this m5/beastM6's car but the DCT is in 4th to 5th gear @155 so tons of room for improvement if that is possible to get rid off.
(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 04:10 PM

It's definitely something we'll have to work on.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 04:18 PM

Logging is fairly limited currently but from the factory its running ~18psi down low and ~15psi up top in 60 degree weather. Blue is bank1 and pink is bank2. I wonder why they even bothered with the 3.5bar TMAP sensors!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 01-26-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Logging is fairly limited currently but from the factory its running ~18psi down low and ~15psi up top in 60 degree weather. Blue is bank1 and pink is bank2. I wonder why they even bothered with the 3.5bar TMAP sensors!
How much room boost wise are you speculating the car could take? I haven't seen comparisons to the n54s but unless I'm mistaken weren't they fine into the low 20s on stock turbos?
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335irlz
How much room boost wise are you speculating the car could take? I haven't seen comparisons to the n54s but unless I'm mistaken weren't they fine into the low 20s on stock turbos?
I have no idea there yet. We previously tested an additional ~2psi and found that was within the fueling and timing range allowed by the DME. Levels beyond that will likely require a more advanced tune as we're doing with the N63 Stage2.

After I burn off the dealer gas I'll throw in some fresh 91 with a can of octane booster and collect some baseline and +2psi data to get the ball rolling. Between the M5 and the 135i single turbo I'm having a lot of fun lately.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 01-26-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I have no idea there yet. We previously tested an additional ~2psi and found that was within the fueling and timing range allowed by the DME. Levels beyond that will likely require a more advanced tune as we're doing with the N63 Stage2.

After I burn off the dealer gas I'll throw in some fresh 91 with a can of octane booster and collect some baseline and +2psi data to get the ball rolling. Between the M5 and the 135i single turbo I'm having a lot of fun lately.
If you want I can start logging mine, I'd be more than happy to get it set up to start doing that.

I was debating going to 3lbs after I just got it uninstalled for a dealer visit after beating the living S* out of the car with 2.2lbs safely for over 6k miles.
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335irlz
If you want I can start logging mine, I'd be more than happy to get it set up to start doing that.

I was debating going to 3lbs after I just got it uninstalled for a dealer visit after beating the living S* out of the car with 2.2lbs safely for over 6k miles.
I have plenty of customer logs. But, the stage1 itself without CAN access is limited in what it can log. I've got a much more extensive collection of data acquisition tools here we use for development. So for now keep it where it's at. And I'll get to work on this end.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: n54 TOOPL3SS
Default 01-26-2014, 08:26 PM

This is an exciting day for m5 owners .....

best of luck on this project
(#49)
Old

Car: e92 335i Coupe
Default 01-26-2014, 11:43 PM

Terry if u give me the M5, i promise you 2000 miles on the car by february 22nd NO but i'm serious

JB+RB=
(#50)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 01-27-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
After I burn off the dealer gas I'll throw in some fresh 91 with a can of octane booster...
what brand do you use and how much per tank?

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650