N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM

I knew you would do this....and I have 100% faith you will deliver unlike others in other forums have promised

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM

I think at the very least we're pretty transparent with what we're doing and why. And if there exists a way to do it as a less expensive DIY vs. forcing everyone to buy something from us, we're happy to do that too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I think at the very least we're pretty transparent with what we're doing and why. And if there exists a way to do it as a less expensive DIY vs. forcing everyone to buy something from us, we're happy to do that too.
I also like he way you address problems that need to be addressed to get the most out of this platform...constant updates.....constant testing. Pretty awesome man!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#29)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM

Sounds like awesome news there...

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#30)
Old

Default 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM

Hey Terry, would you happen to know the fuse rating and wire size? I'd like to confirm we are good to go there before swapping. Would suck to burn up wire or blow fuses under high load.

2008 335i Coupe 6MT
JB4G5, DCI, Wagner FMIC
(#31)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Terry are you going to do some 100% e85 testing now?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#32)
Old

Car: 09 135i 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to mnst3r
Default 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM

Congrats Terry, looking foward to your data.

09 135i 6MT JB4, DCI, CM MethKit, Stett CP w/ Tial bov, MT ST ET, CPE **'s and Axleback Exhaust
12.07@ 113.94 1.7 60' on 9/03/11 "Fastest 135i in Alaska"
(#33)
Old

Default 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Hey Terry, would you happen to know the fuse rating and wire size? I'd like to confirm we are good to go there before swapping. Would suck to burn up wire or blow fuses under high load.
+1
Is this PnP electrically?
(#34)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i A/T
Default 10-17-2012, 01:09 AM

Could you share the size of that black pipe and the size of that connector between the OEM pipe and the black pipe?

I can't wait to see if it works out?

Will you go 100 E85 for the logs or only test first with 50-50 mix?

Slow, stupid and angry...

2007 E90 335i AT, G5 ISO, FSB, BMS flash, RB's, RB PCV, **'s, ER OC's, Injen DCI, BMS OCC, FMIC, ER CP, Tial Q BOV, Walbro 455 LPFP, Snow meth kit injecting E85, runnung on E40-50, Alpina TCU flash, Wavetrac LSD.

Coming: BT FMIC, bigger better water rad.
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
+1
Is this PnP electrically?
Yes it wires up per the photo, splicing in where you cut the OEM pump wires in the fuel bucket.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#36)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 10-17-2012, 08:42 AM

So cool that you are seeing a flat 72psi at the HPFF inlet now. This helps me rest easier at night. Any significant drop (ie. 5psi+) is unnacceptable IMO and now we are beyond all of that.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 08:54 AM

Put more miles on it. It's doing a great job of holding up the low fuel pressure. I still see a bit of a high pressure drop at very high power levels even when low pressure is high. But that might be a tuning thing. Now that the low pressure is holding steady I need to rethink some of the higher HP fueling tuning.

Bad news is my trans seems to have taken a turn for the worse. It's picking up "over speed" codes now, and shakes the entire car randomly when shifting. Last night I had to limp it home full of faults. After clearing it seemed to go back to normal but have not put load on it again today. I'll flush the fluid and see if I can keep it going a little longer. If not I will have to bail on the shift sector race. =/

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 10-17-2012, 09:38 AM

I thought I had read, but couldn't find the thread, that the M3 LPFP may be a direct replacement. Has anyone entertained this thought any further. Sorry if this has been covered.

RB Turbos//JB4 G5 ISO Flashed//Alpina B3 Flash//AR *********//ER FMIC//ER Chargepipe//AWE Blow Valves//AFE Sealed Intake//BMS X Meth//AST 4100's//Forgestar F14s
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Never looked in to it. It's likely the same pump, as the N54 OEM pump has no problem keeping up with 400whp fueling. Well beyond what the M3 produces.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old
Cool ///Member

Car: E90 SEDAN
Default 10-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Never looked in to it. It's likely the same pump, as the N54 OEM pump has no problem keeping up with 400whp fueling. Well beyond what the M3 produces.
What about M3's with supercharger kits installed? They are making over 400hp.would it be the same pump used?

SOLD
2004 E46 ///M3 MODDED
PRESENT RiDE
2008 E90 SEDAN G5 iSO-FBO FSB-100%METH-DUAL NOZZLES,Fuel iT!Stage 2
(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM

You'll have to ask one of their tuners what they use. The only testing I've done regarding in tank pumps relate to the OEM pump and this Walbro.

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv
This proposed pump upgrade won't work. Look closely at the bottom of the oem LPFP bucket. There is a Venturi jet that uses a dedicated vent from the factory pump to keep the bucket full (even well the surrounding fuel level in the tank is low). Without this vent and functional venturi jet, this important function will be eliminated. In other words, you can't just drop in another pump. Been there, done that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv
Correct. It's really not a feasible option for that reason. When I tried this back in 2010, i ended up having to completely redesign the bucket using an off-the-shelf venturi jet as well as a one way check valve. Ended up being pretty time consuming and costly. I was going to stay quiet let Terry move forward with the product and sell it to the public. But that would cause a lot of people a lot of unnecessary problems as it is the tuners job to understand how this stuff works before suggesting a proposed upgrade.

Here are my thoughts. Feel free to copy my reply over there as well.

Given the bucket position in the tank I concluded it's worth testing without the venturi pickup with the flapper simply floating. It seemed to me it was an unnecessary piece that isn't normally required in other similar fuel tanks. Now if low fuel levels present an issue then the next step is to reconnect the venturi to the new pump which seems easy enough. As it sits I've run it down to around 2.5 gallons so far with no issues.

Also for the record, there is nothing for sale here, nor are there any plans to offer anything for sale. Simply public testing of a possible in tank fuel pump solution. Should we not be able to make this work then I agree an inline pump as you are geared up to sell would be the next best choice. I've stated that from day one. But it's just such a hack I figured it was worth trying to do this the right way first.

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Default 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM

Shiv did manage to stay quite.

I ordered the pump now, i just can't live with out 100% E85...

I'm going dow to get my saw and hammer, this will just fit fine!

2007 E90 335i AT, G5 ISO, FSB, BMS flash, RB's, RB PCV, **'s, ER OC's, Injen DCI, BMS OCC, FMIC, ER CP, Tial Q BOV, Walbro 455 LPFP, Snow meth kit injecting E85, runnung on E40-50, Alpina TCU flash, Wavetrac LSD.

(#44)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 10-17-2012, 01:50 PM

Don't sweat it man. keep doing what you doing...

We all appreciate your transparency and I'm pretty sure you will make it happen.

JB4 G5 / DCI / CDP's / VRSF 7" Intercooler / E85
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecsoman
Shiv did manage to stay quite.

I ordered the pump now, i just can't live with out 100% E85...

I'm going dow to get my saw and hammer, this will just fit fine!
As has been said you are better served waiting for me to sort out all the details before you jump on board. Unless you are an engineer and enjoy this sort of stuff. In which case I welcome your data!

A few weeks ago I had lots of questions about an N54 in tank solution. Will an aftermarket pump fit with minimal effort? How will the regulator react? How will the fuel pump management unit react? Will this improve fuel pressure? etc. I've answered many of those but we're far from falling this a done deal.

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 10-17-2012, 01:56 PM

Is Shiv Japanese for douche?

RB Turbos//JB4 G5 ISO Flashed//Alpina B3 Flash//AR *********//ER FMIC//ER Chargepipe//AWE Blow Valves//AFE Sealed Intake//BMS X Meth//AST 4100's//Forgestar F14s
(#47)
Old

Default 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
As has been said you are better served waiting for me to sort out all the details before you jump on board. Unless you are an engineer and enjoy this sort of stuff. In which case I welcome your data!

A few weeks ago I had lots of questions about an N54 in tank solution. Will an aftermarket pump fit with minimal effort? How will the regulator react? How will the fuel pump management unit react? Will this improve fuel pressure? etc. I've answered many of those but we're far from falling this a done deal.
I love the idea of running only E85 and i'm willing to make my hands dirty for it, loved to play with lego back in the day's. Whats different here?

To be serious i think i can solve it, just got my hands on an other whole n54 LPFP and the housing, it dose not look dramatic to modify, and if it fails i will just put the old one back.

And the Cobb Ap is here now, so if there is any problem with the fuel pump management i think in my case the Cobb AP can solve it, right?

Btw. just had my tranny rebuilt and it had so many problems its unbelievable, so before trying to fix that i would change it to MT instead if i ware you, than you change the rad in the front to an only water cooler which solves the tracking of the car. If i could go back i would do that.

But maybe i'm just really unlucky, since now i have to rebuild part of the engine also...

(#48)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Yes, I've been through trans rebuild headaches before on other platforms. I know it can take weeks or longer to sort out. Which is why I've been stalling it for so long. But here we are 2 years later and it seems few proven options exist. =/

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 10-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landman
Is Shiv Japanese for douche?
According to google translate it is
Attached Images

JB4 G5 / DCI / CDP's / VRSF 7" Intercooler / E85
(#50)
Old

Default 10-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer305
According to google translate it is
I knew it!! Maybe I was Japanese in another life!?