N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM

Yea I'm curious as well...Is the G5 not going to be enough to actually change the DME values to support large turbo set up cars or upgraded twins, RB's ect? Thinking about it, even with the G5 that can adjust CPS enough but we will need an actual flash that can change fuel, cps ect if were trying to go for 600 mark? At the 600whp I think your going to have to upgrade input shafts, different clutch, for auto need some sort of upgrade, probably like level 10. so having that much usable daily power your going to still have to spend some extra bucks just so the car doesnt break... Dont get me wrong, I would love to have 600rwhp, but at the same time I still dont want to dump even more money that these platforms will need for 600whp.... Not sure if I am going to go that far honestly. The car moves already especially with the new E85 map (map 5) and RB's . I have spent alot on this damn car and I just want to enjoy it the way it is for now.

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default 08-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Hey Terry. Installing RBs next week (finally) and the G5 going in today. Currently have dual CM10s off singe solenoid but have an extra solenoid (and pump as well). Also have the new CM12s if needed as we push higher with this solution.

For the G5 & Cobb, should I drive the 2nd nozzle with the Nitrous PWR wire and trigger only at higher boost levels? Count me in to test and log the maps.

Thanks.

2008 E90 Sedan 335i, BMS G5, Quaife LSD, BMS Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Intercooler, Macht Schnell down *****, Bilstein Suspension, M3 Hood, Bumper, Sideskirts, Custom 700hp Oil Cooler, Square 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35R18 Continental Cup Tires.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Sedan
Default 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Also wanted to ask Terry if there is a fuel flow sensor/gauge you recommend to measure meth flow.

2008 E90 Sedan 335i, BMS G5, Quaife LSD, BMS Intake, Forge Diverter Valves, ER Charge Pipe, Forge Intercooler, Macht Schnell down *****, Bilstein Suspension, M3 Hood, Bumper, Sideskirts, Custom 700hp Oil Cooler, Square 18x9.5 wheels with 275/35R18 Continental Cup Tires.
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
Terry,

I have RB's and I just bought the G5, how will the flash affect that vs the G4?
We're suggesting this for all RB customers, now, along with the G5. Although technically with the back end flash you could make some manual flash adjustments to allow the G4 to function similarly to the G5.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrbixby
Hey Terry. Installing RBs next week (finally) and the G5 going in today. Currently have dual CM10s off singe solenoid but have an extra solenoid (and pump as well). Also have the new CM12s if needed as we push higher with this solution.

For the G5 & Cobb, should I drive the 2nd nozzle with the Nitrous PWR wire and trigger only at higher boost levels? Count me in to test and log the maps.

Thanks.
I'd start with a single CM12, the back end flash, and G5, and let's evaluate from there.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 08-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic
At the 600whp I think your going to have to upgrade input shafts, different clutch, for auto need some sort of upgrade, probably like level 10. so having that much usable daily power your going to still have to spend some extra bucks just so the car doesnt break... Dont get me wrong, I would love to have 600rwhp, but at the same time I still dont want to dump even more money that these platforms will need for 600whp....
If you are using all the 441 WHP, I see a new clutch in your future.
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrbixby
Also wanted to ask Terry if there is a fuel flow sensor/gauge you recommend to measure meth flow.
We sell and suggest the FSB which allows the JB4 to both control and monitor meth flow. But if you want a turbine solution the Aquamist one seems to be the best out there.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 08-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Terry, any plans for making the JB4 cut throttle as a meth safety mechanism for those who want the flash to control boost as well?

Ideally, isolated boost control would alleviate the throttle cut approach as it can target boost instead of a DC additive.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Terry, any plans for making the JB4 cut throttle as a meth safety mechanism for those who want the flash to control boost as well?

Ideally, isolated boost control would alleviate the throttle cut approach as it can target boost instead of a DC additive.
We may offer something like that in the future but no development there planned short term.

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 08-04-2012, 06:12 AM

On board. Great work.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2012, 11:32 AM

PS. If anyone needs a Cobb AP we have a few in stock. Rather than playing the pricing game (I know most sell them for $750 despite Cobb's MAP policy) we instead include custom mapping support, with or without a JB4.

http://burgertuning.com/cobb.html

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 08-13-2012, 11:37 AM

That's cool Terry. I think it's a great move on your part and I can't wait to try the Cobb + JB4 combo out with my RB's

Unfortunately my Cobb AP is still stuck in customs, I'm awaiting the invoice which apperently didn't get in the package, and didn't get here yet, so I'll have to dyno without the back-end map tomorrow. I'll be in touch as soon as I get it though
(#38)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 08-13-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic
Yea I'm curious as well...Is the G5 not going to be enough to actually change the DME values to support large turbo set up cars or upgraded twins, RB's ect? Thinking about it, even with the G5 that can adjust CPS enough but we will need an actual flash that can change fuel, cps ect if were trying to go for 600 mark? At the 600whp I think your going to have to upgrade input shafts, different clutch, for auto need some sort of upgrade, probably like level 10. so having that much usable daily power your going to still have to spend some extra bucks just so the car doesnt break... Dont get me wrong, I would love to have 600rwhp, but at the same time I still dont want to dump even more money that these platforms will need for 600whp.... Not sure if I am going to go that far honestly. The car moves already especially with the new E85 map (map 5) and RB's . I have spent alot on this damn car and I just want to enjoy it the way it is for now.
you have to realize and map out what your goals are. Not many cars can easily reach 500-600hp so easily. Be it the motor itself, transmission, or any other related issue..at some point, there is a weak link
(#39)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 08-13-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
PS. If anyone needs a Cobb AP we have a few in stock. Rather than playing the pricing game (I know most sell them for $750 despite Cobb's MAP policy) we instead include custom mapping support, with or without a JB4.

Good stuff, would this count if we get it from Mike as well? Be the way I have the G5.
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM

For those we don't offer any dealer programs, so you'd have to order it from us directly.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 08-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
you have to realize and map out what your goals are. Not many cars can easily reach 500-600hp so easily. Be it the motor itself, transmission, or any other related issue..at some point, there is a weak link
This is very true

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#42)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 08-16-2012, 05:18 AM

On stock turbos with FBO and meth, any ideas on approx whp deltas vs jb4 15ohm?
(#43)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 08-16-2012, 05:57 AM

if your car responds well to jb4 and has good afr and perfect timing curves you can only make so much power. But Cobb should clean things up and be more consistent on the fueling/timing end.

e92
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24
On stock turbos with FBO and meth, any ideas on approx whp deltas vs jb4 15ohm?
The back end flash will likely be worth 0hp on stock turbos + meth.

Where it can benefit is those running E85 with stock turbos, where fuel trims are maxed out holding back performance.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 08-16-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
The back end flash will likely be worth 0hp on stock turbos + meth.

Where it can benefit is those running E85 with stock turbos, where fuel trims are maxed out holding back performance.
Whoops.. sorry, should have clarified, e85 as well.
(#46)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 08-16-2012, 02:29 PM

Any ETA on RB's, Backend Flash, JB4 dynos?
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrep335I
Any ETA on RB's, Backend Flash, JB4 dynos?
Back end flash mapping is available now. Our white 135i is waiting for a new injector to come in.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:

That's a great deal. I'll hit you up for one soon Terry. I run a E85 mix all the time. Trims are quite high but not fully maxed as yet.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#49)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 08-20-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Back end flash mapping is available now. Our white 135i is waiting for a new injector to come in.
Hey Terry, where do we download the map/s?

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless **'s / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#50)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-20-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
Hey Terry, where do we download the map/s?
if you refer to the cobb map you need to send a mail to terry since there are many ECU versions.
if you refer to the G5 maps those are in the G5 sticky thread

07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 Flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade