Default 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM

My entry

'08 TiAg E90
(#52)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM

I'm in for one of these kits if it comes to fruition. I'll be your 5er test bed. I like the non-trunk mounted tank repurposing the WW resevoir. The stealth behind the bumper mount looks nice as well.

Quesiton: With the idea you are playing with, would it not have a dash mounted gauge and rely solely on the JB4 to do its job vs. instant obeservation?
(#53)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 05-11-2011, 12:05 PM

wow, that aem set up is hot!!!! I mean cool... I mean I like it.

Taking off the bumper, although easy, leave room for colateral damage. Wouldn't want to have to hear about guys that scratched up their bumper during an install. Other than that, I think it would stay cool there. Tapping into the stock WW resi is another scary idea, even though it is quite easy. I would be sure to include specific and fully detailed install instructions if you plan to sell this with no tank.

I have always loved my solenoid, wireing can get messy in the engine bay with it though.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Hooked the solenoid and pickup up and did a little more testing. So far, its promising. On a temporary basis I drilled a hole in the washer fluid cap and pushed the hose through. In a kit format we'd include a new cap with a 90 degree bulkhead/fitting preinstalled. And of course the ghetto bracket and plumbing fittings are just for exploratory purposes.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Looks good! On a side note, you need to clean your intake!

(#56)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Can't wait. I'll be one of the first.
(#57)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Looks good! On a side note, you need to clean your intake!
That is a nasty looking intake Terry. I guess your busy working on more important things.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#58)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM

i need this kit good job terry!
(#59)
Old

Default 05-12-2011, 06:20 PM

agreed, please make this and have it integrated with failsafe into my JB4. Easy in/out if I need to take it to the dealer.
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Working with David now but we may have a nice inexpensive way to integrate the new failsafe system with the JB4 sans controller for those of you who are budget oriented. And if we delete the controller we'll pass that savings along to the customer rather than keeping it as extra profit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#61)
Old

Default 05-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working with David now but we may have a nice inexpensive way to integrate the new failsafe system with the JB4 sans controller for those of you who are budget oriented. And if we delete the controller we'll pass that savings along to the customer rather than keeping it as extra profit.
and this is why you continue to earn my business.
(#62)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 05-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Hooked the solenoid and pickup up and did a little more testing. So far, its promising. On a temporary basis I drilled a hole in the washer fluid cap and pushed the hose through. In a kit format we'd include a new cap with a 90 degree bulkhead/fitting preinstalled. And of course the ghetto bracket and plumbing fittings are just for exploratory purposes.
Very cool idea for a quick in & out. Is the nozzle in w/ the DV?
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2011, 07:02 PM

Nozzle still in the meth elbow currently. Jason @ BMS is working on resurrecting the nozzle in DV option. And I need to research finding off the shelf parts to do the nozzle in 135i airhorn concept on a larger scale.

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 05-12-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Staying tuned...
(#65)
Old
MY TR6 needs Bimmer power

Car: 07 335i coup cabriolet
Default Per use charge !! - 05-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
LOL we're going to a per use charge. You enter your credit card info in the interface and it charges you $1 per minute of wide open throttle. $2 if you're roaming more than 60 miles from your house.
That's funny Terry.
I sell software so we have a cpu charge and a CAL charge.
We also do a cloud model so can I get boost from the cloud?
I have a mifi?
LOL
(#66)
Old

Car: e91 335i
Default 05-13-2011, 12:00 AM

great news, been waiting for this kind of hood mount kit for quite a long time!
(#67)
Old
Got Boost?

Car: 2010 135i
Default 05-13-2011, 06:19 AM

We used the windshield fluid tank in my last car to hold meth...you can actually still use it for the windshield when you must to.

2009 BMW 135i MT, Jet Black, ///M Sport, Premium - JB4|JB4 Backend Flash|BMS DCI|Raceland cattless ***|BMS Chargepipe|TiAL BOV|Golf Tee|Tint|Breyton GTS-R Wheels|Nitto NT05s
SOLD - 2010 BMW 135i AT, Alpine White, ///M Sport - JB4|BMS DCI|Macht Schnell 3" cattless ***|Golf Tee|33% Tint|Nitto NT555s|///M Pedals

2015 MkVII GTI MT, Pure White - Forge BOV|Nitto NT555s --DD / Wifey's Car--
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2011, 02:44 PM

The pieces of the puzzle are coming together...

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old
Keyboard racer

Car: 335i e92 MT
Default 05-13-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together...

With that solution the meth have to pass through a dead windshield pump before it enters the meth pump. I wonder how free flowing that could be...?

| 335i n54 e92 MT | Vishnu V5 | Big Tom IC | Vishnu DCI, With Big Tom Heatshield | Big Tom Air Scoops | Modified BMS OCC | Cooling Mist Basic Meth Injection | Forge DV's |
| Ultimate Racing ********* 2.5" DPs | Milltek ********* Exhaust | ACT Street Clutch | MCV | OEM Aero Lip | OEM M-shift Nob | M3 Trunk Spoiler | M3 Alu Pedals | Black M3 19" |

(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom
With that solution the meth have to pass through a dead windshield pump before it enters the meth pump. I wonder how free flowing that could be...?
Seems to flow normally. Check this out, passing through 1 open wiper nozzle as well...

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM

its getting close nice work terry
(#72)
Old
Keyboard racer

Default 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Seems to flow normally. Check this out, passing through 1 open wiper nozzle as well...
Nahh, I think this is a little bit too risky for such a important life insurance for the engine...

Feeding the pump with 100% free flowing and 100% air bubble free meth is the only way to go in my world.

| 335i n54 e92 MT | Vishnu V5 | Big Tom IC | Vishnu DCI, With Big Tom Heatshield | Big Tom Air Scoops | Modified BMS OCC | Cooling Mist Basic Meth Injection | Forge DV's |
| Ultimate Racing ********* 2.5" DPs | Milltek ********* Exhaust | ACT Street Clutch | MCV | OEM Aero Lip | OEM M-shift Nob | M3 Trunk Spoiler | M3 Alu Pedals | Black M3 19" |

(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tom
Nahh, I think this is a little bit too risky for such a important life insurance for the engine...

Feeding the pump with 100% free flowing and 100% air bubble free meth is the only way to go in my world.
It's only a risk if your setup has no means to monitor flow and react accordingly.

Actually, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities. I now think teeing the line before the first windshield nozzle with a check valve will work wonderfully. But connecting it right to the 2nd nozzle is very intriguing as well for an instant install and worth longer term testing. I could envision a meth kit you can have in and out in 15 minutes.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old
Keyboard racer

Default 05-13-2011, 03:40 PM

Do we have a drawing of the windshield pump?
It would be interesting to see the internals.

(#75)
Old
Keyboard racer

Exclamation 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM

I found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastxtc...in/photostream

...a picture of our windshield pump (Part number 67126934159) with a leaking output...
Thats definitely something you don't wanna happen if you're gonna pump meth through it.