N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Oh, that is for using the old style CMGS with the JB4. We don't suggest it though as the new method is much better.

With the old setup you tell the CMGS min/max flow and it sends a signal to the JB3 to "go" or "no go". Vs. the JB4 deciding how much boost to add based on meth flow.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Oh, that is for using the old style CMGS with the JB4. We don't suggest it though as the new method is much better.

With the old setup you tell the CMGS min/max flow and it sends a signal to the JB3 to "go" or "no go". Vs. the JB4 deciding how much boost to add based on meth flow.
thanks for clearing it up and also getting rid of my headache lol.

N54 coupe coming soon
(#53)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 02-17-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
You would leave the JB4 on map 3 at all times. Then use the dials on the VC2 to disable meth.
So if I want true "on the fly" map switching with methanol integration then I would need the cmgs so I can turn off the meth while driving and switch to a non-meth map like 1 or 2?

I'm not sure why you say to leave it on map3 at all times if I want to turn meth off for daily driving. My main goal is to be able to crank up the boost with the added help of meth while driving.

Let's say I want to conserve my meth and drive on map2 for daily driving but, while on the road I see someone that "entices" me to want more power. I'd like to be able to turn on meth and map3 and be able to switch back to a non-meth map after. I assume the only way is with the cmgs?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 11:02 PM

Making changes on the fly like that is never good for performance. But you can switch things around on the road as you see fit.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Making changes on the fly like that is never good for performance. But you can switch things around on the road as you see fit.
That really doesn't help me at all. You really didn't answer my question and only lead me to ask another question of why you think that is "never good for performance"?

Do you mean that's not good for the engine? I'm not sure how. Obviously it affects the performance, that's the whole point. I want less performance when daily driving and more performance when doing spirited driving. The meth only comes into play when I need the higher octane to increase my boost level for the desired performance level.

If I'm at a lower boost level I really don't need the meth and would rather not waste it simply for the cooling benefit.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2011, 11:26 PM

Because both the JB4 and the DME have adaption cycles. So the dream of going "fast and furious" at the push of a button is a compromise solution. At least for the first few runs. You can switch between maps and enable/disable meth. Just don't expect the same immediate performance as someone who has well adapted to their setup, for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#57)
Old

Default 02-17-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Because both the JB4 and the DME have adaption cycles. So the dream of going "fast and furious" at the push of a button is a compromise solution. At least for the first few runs. You can switch between maps and enable/disable meth. Just don't expect the same immediate performance as someone who has well adapted to their setup, for example.
Ah Ha, now I'm tracking like a VCR. I'm so used to direct tuning (Hondata) that I forgot what the piggyback is actually doing. I forgot it takes time for the DME to adapt. Thanks for the explanation and your patience!

(#58)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 08'-545i 05'smg- civic 95' 600whp
Default 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM

I have a friend with CM V2 with 2 nozzle one cm10 and one cm7......

I need help with Map 3 setup

The car have JB4-dci-FMIC-**'S-Active charge pipe and Full exhaust,

Help me with a good Setting (MIX 70/30, Min/max flow, duty cyles, Etc........)

335I E92 Alpine white
12.56 @ 114.32 2.0 60ft with 335IS 19" wheels A/T
Stockin !!!
JB4 MAP 7 - VP116 - DCI - FMIC - with Hot temp 83'F
(#59)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 03-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomarPR335R
I have a friend with CM V2 with 2 nozzle one cm10 and one cm7......

I need help with Map 3 setup

The car have JB4-dci-FMIC-**'S-Active charge pipe and Full exhaust,

Help me with a good Setting (MIX 70/30, Min/max flow, duty cyles, Etc........)
The hardest part is hooking the orange wire to the JB4. It is all in the first post:

1) Connect the CMGS/VC2 orange wire to pin #15 on the JB4 DB25 connector. If you are part of the first batch of 100 alpha boards you must also connect a ~20k resistor in the wire to protect from voltage surges as the CMGS/VC2 turns on. The second alpha batch includes this resistor on the board itself. Attached is a photo of the 2nd batch with resistor added. If yours does not look like this you must add the resistor before connecting the CMGS/VC2 wire or your tuning will cut in and out.
(#60)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Anyone have logs of map 3 over 15 psi??

I log on map 1 and 2 and boost is right on target, when I switch to map 3 I have a gap between my target and my actual boost, especially during acceleration. I have been trying to track a boost leak and I have rebuilt the induction track dozens of times. There is no leak, just boost thats off target?? Does the meth additive keep anyone else from reaching target in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear? As soon as I shift into 5th gear, I am back on target again, If i had a leak, boost would taper as I try to sustain it, not build?? Oh, flow sensor is reading lower than most, I haven't tried map 5 yet at all... Maybe see how that map targets boost and see if it only continues to happen on map 3?? I have had it at the dealership a couple of times but I can't really say ..."hey I am under target on my meth map." Even though they know the car is modded, it can get expensive at the dealership tuning above stock performance and they really don't know what my car can do.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.

Last edited by mobilefitt; 04-04-2011 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: more to say
(#61)
Old

Car: any
Default 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM

so what would be the meth settings and boost a person would be running if they had just jb4 dci and meth
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-04-2011, 11:30 PM

On pump gas? An additive of 30-40 for around 16-16.5psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i coupe
Default 04-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Quick question... Does the yellow wire from the gauge needed to be hooked up also?

I have the flow sensor new 1.08 and now hooking it up right now.
Plan on running map 3 with 4 more pounds of boost with 50/50 meth water with 93 octane with cm10 nozzle

2008 Alpine White 335i E92, 6AT, Saddle Brown Leather, NAV, CF roundels, M3 steering wheel with M3 paddle shifters, Aero lip, painted kidneys (white / black), painted lower grilles (black), debadged, M3 spoiler, ST V1 coilovers, 19" CSL wheels.
, JB4 ISO 5, BMS DCI, AA Intercooler, Coolingmist methanol kit, Forge Diverter Valves, BMS 3", CPE Charge-pipe, BMS Oil T-state bypass, RB PCV
(#64)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-08-2011, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_335i_coupe
Quick question... Does the yellow wire from the gauge needed to be hooked up also?

I have the flow sensor new 1.08 and now hooking it up right now.
Plan on running map 3 with 4 more pounds of boost with 50/50 meth water with 93 octane with cm10 nozzle
No. Only the Orange wire to the JB4.

Quickest ET - 12.016 @ 117.64mph
Fastest Trap - 12.089 @ 118.11mph
(#65)
Old

Car: E92- 335i
Default 05-20-2011, 04:27 AM

On the AEM kit it has 0-5v press out wire coming out from the progressive pump controller, can that be used to connect to JB4 and use map 3? idk has anyone every had any experience with the AEM kit?
(#66)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2011, 10:46 AM

I really have no idea how the AEM signal works. If it outputs a voltage based on flow it should work fine though.

Burger Motorsports

(#67)
Old

Default 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM

It says it has a progressive pump controller, plus on the info it says this 0-5v wire is used for datalogging. So what do you think now? Also what would be the way to test it if its working with the JB4?? It says that its compatible with JB3.
I really need to get something working timing looks crap with our fuel.
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2011, 12:11 PM

It's a technical details thing. Someone would need to connect a volt meter and monitor the output signals at various flows to ensure it was reliable.

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Default 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Ok the way I'm going to test it, is put a volt meter on it after setting up the kit, stick the car in map 5 to be safe, and drive around. If it's working as I want it what would the volt meter show, a rise in figures as boost builds and taper down when letting go. This should read between 0.1 and 1 ??
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2011, 02:19 PM

As long as the voltage is proportional to methanol flow (and not boost) it will work fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM

Ah ok thanks, same thing i figured if the boost rises the flow rises the voltage should be proportional. Ok will try and if it didn't work will just map it to boost and ran map 5 with rubbing alcohol and distilled water which I would see around 15 psi and in case anything happens the ecu will pull back timing, I will be running 98 octane too shouldn't be harmful as I'm not going to use high concentrate of Meth or alcohol
(#72)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 05-22-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd94
For some reason my meth flow looks nothing like that.Its super low.At about the 5 range.Its flowing right as well.Any idea why it might be so low??
I know you cant see much but all the bars light up. so im guessing its flowing right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow72AHQR95k

Meth additive psi-25
Meth flow max-4

Heres the a video of the bars going full and heres my log.
idk why its so low??I wanna get the full use of my meth kit since i just bought it.Help!
Has anything been fixed to why some people that have the VC2 are getting inaccurate meth reading while logging?? Im have the same issue.....

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#73)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2011, 10:10 AM

CM released 1.08 firmware to fix it if its a reading issue. Faulty flow sensor is also possible.

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM

It's easy to test. If you see 1000ml/min of flow bars on the VC2 but only get 1/4th or less of that showing up in the JB4, you need the 1.08 firmware update.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 05-24-2011, 06:48 PM

when is thing going to be up for sale. i am ready to jump on this...if you need a tester let me know.

318ti+s52+gt35r