N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 335i xDrive Sedan
Default N63TU JB4 Settings? - 03-18-2019, 09:39 AM

Hi,

I just installed my S63TU (with BCM) JB4 on my 2014 50i X5. I've installed the N63TU firmware in the F-Series thread in this forum. However, in that thread, Terry mentions settings that need to be changed, and I don't know what those settings are. I do have a Bootmod3 Stage 1 flash on the vehicle as well (no other mods). I installed the JB4 TMAP, OBDII, and the boost solenoid connections, and I unplugged the MAF sensors. I have a few questions.

1. What are these special settings that need to be loaded? I've attached the current settings.

2. I'd like to run the JB4 with the BM3 flash. Do I need to set anything special on the JB4 to do this? I used to have to select BEF in the JB4 on my E90.

3. Will the JB4 target absolute boost or in addition to what the BM3 flash commands?

4. Can I run "flash only" by setting the JB4 to Map 0 or 4 and then plugging the MAFs back in and use the JB4 only for logging?

5. Will I need to add fuel pressure connectors, or is that not needed any longer? I do want to run ethanol mixes, part of why I want the JB4.

6. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Adam
Attached Images