N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#326)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru
Hey Terry,

I attempted to pester Cobb today to see if your flashes could where we pened up. They told me you being a pro tuner already can create open maps for the end user to tweak. I told them you requested to have the maps open and they said it's nothing they need to do on their end. They did not elaborate on how the end user can open the apps. Forgive me in advance, im still trying to learn this stuff. Does that make sense what they are saying or is there miscommunication here. Thx.
Email them the map then and ask them how you can open it. The maps can be resaved in a format where we would need to enter the the serial number for each person who wanted to open it but it would not be practical from a time perspective.

Besides some of the functions we use on the n54 side are not in Cobb. The open flash is really the future as far as back end flashes go for the n54 and we've moved on. We will be doing Cobb maps for the n55 but nothing else for the n54.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#327)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Besides some of the functions we use on the n54 side are not in Cobb.
Can you elaborate on this?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#328)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Can you elaborate on this?
No reason to go in to great detail but a simple example is disabling 30FF and 29F2 codes, for example, so the JB4 can manage both in a way more conducive to higher horsepower levels.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#329)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 12-17-2013, 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=Terry @ BMS;289456]Email them the map then and ask them how you can open it. The maps can be resaved in a format where we would need to enter the the serial number for each person who wanted to open it but it would not be practical from a time perspective.

Besides some of the functions we use on the n54 side are not in Cobb. The open flash is really the future as far as back end flashes go for the n54 and we've moved on. We will be doing Cobb maps for the n55 but nothing else for the n54.

With that being said Terry, I'm moving on as well. Someone posted up BB flash drivers today. I will be giving this a try in the future. Thank you.
(#330)
Old

Car: 335i E90 6MT
Default 12-17-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru
Ok.
I got a little more info. As an Access tuner pro, tuners can make the flashes open for end user adjustment or lock them so no one can make changes. I was informed Terry you may be able to just open the flashes and re-save them in the open format or something like that. The end user can use the Access tuner race software to modify it to the parameters of the free BB flash tunes. Cobb is making it sound sooo simple. So tell me, what's the bad news or can this actually be done!

Terry Can you chime in on this. Thanks.
+1.

6MT | JB4 G5 | E60 | Walbro 392 | NGK 5992 | Spec2+ | ER Dual Oil Coolers | ER CP | Synapse BOV | ETS FMIC | 3.46 Wavetrac LSD
BMS DCI | AR *** | Magnaflow | BSH OCC | KW V1 | M3 Bits | Advan RS | Michelin PSS | LS3 AEs | P3 Boost Gauge | Dyno Results | COTM Pics
(#331)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No reason to go in to great detail but a simple example is disabling 30FF and 29F2 codes, for example, so the JB4 can manage both in a way more conducive to higher horsepower levels.

True story...I kind of figured this was what you were referring to, just wanted to confirm you guys hadn't come up with a table I hadn't discovered yet.

thanks

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#332)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 12-23-2013, 01:47 PM

Trying to decide if I should do the BMS backend flash on my daily winter driven 335xi. Car is JB4,50/50 Meth - 3 psi adder,FMI,intake, 94 pump gas. Questions are:
1. How much does this effect driveability/fuel mileage ?
2. Pump gas flash is best for my mods?

Just got the BT cable in case my battery dies so basically free at this point.
(#333)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown07
Trying to decide if I should do the BMS backend flash on my daily winter driven 335xi. Car is JB4,50/50 Meth - 3 psi adder,FMI,intake, 94 pump gas. Questions are:

If you have the cable already I don't see why you would not try, it's free!

JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, E85, BMS OCC, BMS Spacers, ECS Blackout Kidney Grille.
(#334)
Old

Default 12-23-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathR601
If you have the cable already I don't see why you would not try, it's free!
What is your experience with a backend flash?

Thanks
(#335)
Old

Default 12-23-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
What is your experience with a backend flash?

Thanks
Why not try it. See how it works for a tank of gas. You can always put your original back on if you don't like it for some reason.

2009 135i - Berk Tech. Race Axleback - Injen Short Ram Intake - BMS JB4 G5 ISO - CXRacing FMIC - ER Chargpipe - BMS Straight Down ***** - Walboro Inline Fuel Pump - Spec Stage 2+ Clutch - Spec SMFW - BMS Dual Meth Kit - BMS Backend Flash
(#336)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 12-23-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:

1. Drivability pretty much the same with a bit more torque down low. I get just under 500km around town. (using the pump backend flash via cobb)

2. I know nothing about meth.
(#337)
Old

Default 12-24-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan
1. Drivability pretty much the same with a bit more torque down low. I get just under 500km around town. (using the pump backend flash via cobb)

2. I know nothing about meth.
Okay thanks.
I'm having trouble dowloading the BB software. Says I don't have permission to access this page. I did recently signed up but it appears my account has been validated. Anyone else had this problem?
(#338)
Old

Default 12-24-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Okay thanks.
I'm having trouble dowloading the BB software. Says I don't have permission to access this page. I did recently signed up but it appears my account has been validated. Anyone else had this problem?
Read a page or two back. Something's wrong with the website. There are multiple ways to get it on this thread. Just look back a little bit.

Edit: I just saw terry posted that he updated the link in the first page of the free flash sticky. Try that.

2009 135i - Berk Tech. Race Axleback - Injen Short Ram Intake - BMS JB4 G5 ISO - CXRacing FMIC - ER Chargpipe - BMS Straight Down ***** - Walboro Inline Fuel Pump - Spec Stage 2+ Clutch - Spec SMFW - BMS Dual Meth Kit - BMS Backend Flash
(#339)
Old

Default 12-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNky6913
Read a page or two back. Something's wrong with the website. There are multiple ways to get it on this thread. Just look back a little bit.

Edit: I just saw terry posted that he updated the link in the first page of the free flash sticky. Try that.
Okay thanks - I installed the race flash and it felt good. I will do some logs tomorrow. I am most interested to see what changes there are in the timing recovery post shift.
(#340)
Old

Default 08-03-2014, 05:27 AM

I don't know if this has ever been asked, I was just wondering why don't have a specific pump flash for automatics?

Thanks
(#341)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335xi
Default 02-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Old thread, but a question: The thread talks about using the COBB AP to load backend flashes. However, I also see it mentioned elsewhere to use the Bavarian Technic cable.

Same flashes, so the latter can now be used to do what the COBB was required to do earlier, right?

Thanks!

---------------
Speed Is Life
(#342)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 02-18-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayforge
Old thread, but a question: The thread talks about using the COBB AP to load backend flashes. However, I also see it mentioned elsewhere to use the Bavarian Technic cable.

Same flashes, so the latter can now be used to do what the COBB was required to do earlier, right?

Thanks!
The Bav Tech cable flash will do everything the BMS Cobb flash would do. It is also not locked so you can make fine adjustments to it for your set up. There is a big thread dedicated to the BimmerBoost flash using the Bavarian Technic cable here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563

335is DCT
(#343)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335xi
Default 02-18-2015, 11:28 AM

Nice! I just came back to respond to my own question, having found that thread. :-)

Thanks!
Russ

---------------
Speed Is Life
(#344)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 02-18-2015, 11:51 AM

Each flash method has its own file type and loading tool. You cannot mix and match the Cobb and BimmerBoost stuff. But each method is virtually the same, with the exception of the Cobb taking less then 1 minute to change flash files, and not requiring a laptop.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#345)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default 05-02-2015, 01:23 PM

guys I have a question I'm loading the ijeos-race.bin files to a load pressure 1m but not the car someone has a problem ?? and JB4 values shown me all lockers 0.
when I made a backup of the original file .org keep me normal?

bmw 135 i m54 jb4 PT 6466 PT intercooler fsb meth