N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 BMW 750i
Default 750i support help - 06-20-2019, 11:20 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm new to all of this so bare with me.. I have a 2012 750i and I just installed the JB4 (which is freak'n awesome) I have it set on MAP 1 but did try 2 abd 3, I noticed with MAP2 I was burning more gas and 8.95 a gallon for 100 octane isn't cheap. But anyway I set it back to MAP1 which is still great but I noticed when I pushed it I got the drivetrain malfunction on my iDrive screen but the car didn't go limp at anytime while driving so I didn't worry about it. I did notice that the car idle a little rough sometimes but not bad. I check the codes on the mobile App and this is what came up: 118802, 128401 and 120308 Boost pressure lower than expexted. After reading the other post I believe these are turbo codes which may indicate I have a leak. Anyone else had this on they're F01?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2019, 11:33 AM

First step is to post a JB4 log so we can see the details!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-20-2019, 05:04 PM

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=...2b3b3862aac741
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2019, 03:17 PM

Sorry I can't open that file

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-24-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dltbmw750
Post the CSV file and we'll take a look.

Go to advanced on the reply box, then click the paperclip to attach a file.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Default Log - 06-28-2019, 09:20 AM

Here's the log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-20 11_47_36_Map-1 (3).csv (8.6 KB, 69 views)
(#7)
Old

Default 06-28-2019, 09:21 AM

I want to run E85 in my 750. Which Map is recommended for that?
(#8)
Old

Default 60% 100 Octain 40% E85 - 06-29-2019, 07:21 AM

Here's the latest log. Ido realize it's gonna take some time to learn to read the logs so I'm depending your expertise fellas and I truely appreciate ya..So This is the latest log. The previous logs I was running 91 octane in which I was getting the Drivetrain Malfunction. Ran 60% 100 octane and 40 E85 and wow what a differnce and the best part no Drivetrain Malfunction so far. So I attached the code so that you guys can take a look and see the what changed from the previous log I posted.. Thanks in advance.
(#9)
Old

Default 60% 100 Octain 40% E85 - 06-29-2019, 07:23 AM

Oopps..forgot to upload log. My bad!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 60% 100 octane 40 E85.csv (3.7 KB, 52 views)
(#10)
Old

Default 06-29-2019, 07:24 AM

By the way.. I was running on MAP 3
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-30-2019, 09:31 AM

Let's see a log on map1 next. Also 40% E85 is too much keep it around 20-30%.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default Log - 07-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Here's the log running with MAP 1
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-02 19_28_04_Map-1.csv (6.3 KB, 54 views)
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2019, 10:56 AM

Any codes or issues on map1?

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default MAP 1 Codes - 07-24-2019, 05:48 PM

These are the codes using MAP 1.
Attached Images

(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 07:06 PM

Did you clear all codes ahead of time (ign on, engine off) so we know what is current?

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 07-30-2019, 11:12 AM

I cleared them while the engine was still runningand when I went to check for codes there were not any to be found. The engine light was out as well so I figured everything was cleared.
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2019, 06:00 PM

Misfires are the main codes there, maybe crashing the fuel system with E85 use. Able to trigger codes on map1 on pump gas?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 07-30-2019, 08:26 PM

I'll run out the fuel I have in there now and will replace with straight pump gas.