N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Fredm21 Fredm21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2019
Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default Precision Raceworks install, tranny issue - 05-29-2019, 04:07 AM

Hi,

Yesterday I installed my new precision raceworks coil system. I am not sure if it has anything to do with this but since I am having issue with my tranny. I clicked the PR coil in the MHD app running JB4 MAP3. At high rpm my tranny is shifting 2 speed instead of only shifting one then shifts back down causing a big lag and bad feeling. I added a LOG in case it could help.

By the way I will be replacing tranny pan with oil filter and oil, also will install my BMS tranny cooler at the same time Friday.

Thank you for your time
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-29 06_49_22_Map-3.csv (9.9 KB, 13 views)


-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5,131
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-30-2019, 08:59 AM

Any trans codes?

Coils won’t mess with the trans...



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
Fredm21 Fredm21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2019
Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default 05-31-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Any trans codes?

Coils wonít mess with the trans...
I just changed the tranny oil with new filter, also new mechatronic seal and I still have the same problem with these error message. Thank you


CD99
CD9E
CD9D
2E7F
CDB0


-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5,131
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredm21
I just changed the tranny oil with new filter, also new mechatronic seal and I still have the same problem with these error message. Thank you


CD99
CD9E
CD9D
2E7F
CDB0
can you post or list the descriptions too? Thanks!

How did the tranny oil look?



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Fredm21 Fredm21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2019
Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default 06-02-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
can you post or list the descriptions too? Thanks!

How did the tranny oil look?
Oil was thin, dark and quite a bit of metal on the magnets. Didnít look so good. I will replace valvebody monday I think. The error message are all saying no description except 2E7F : egs at a- and fa-can

Thanks bud!


-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Rushan's Avatar
Rushan Rushan is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,198
Join Date: May 2014
Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-02-2019, 09:06 AM

Not sure about the errors but if you have metal gum on the magnet and it's dark mostly your clutches and friction are done, save yourself the time, get the sonax zap kit to rebuild the valve body, get the raybestos clutch pack for all drums, get the bushing and rubber gaskets for the drums and rebuild the full trans and let your trans get as new, costed me in parts around 400-450$ now I dont almost 10k and not a single issue pushing 22 psi .

Before I had slipping clutch E and 5th gear slip and shutter on hard acceleration and gear used to shift down to 3rd and gove the trans error,


09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5,131
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-03-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredm21
Oil was thin, dark and quite a bit of metal on the magnets. Didnít look so good. I will replace valvebody monday I think. The error message are all saying no description except 2E7F : egs at a- and fa-can

Thanks bud!
Did u swap it all out?

I know depending on condition- flushing All can actually lead to worse performance / Trans acting worse



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Fredm21 Fredm21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2019
Car: Bmw 335i 2007 N54
Default 07-14-2019, 05:26 AM

Hey Guys, after spending several hours and amount of money to find the issue in the car I taught it would be great to let people know how I solved my tranny feeling doing hickup after shifting and going on neutral out of nowhere.

Before I say what was the issue let me tell you guys what I replaced!
I started with tranny oil change, seals, oil pan and sleeve which didnít help
Then whole tranny
Battery
Alternator
Cps sensor
New mechatronic
Another valvebody
Programming whole car, special thanks at Tony from codewerx
Replaced for another tranny again.

And to find out the guilty was: precision raceworks coils!

It was kicking out my egs communication somehow! Btw I donít want people to think or have bad opinion about them! They are good, pr is helping me now with it! Im just a guy not being lucky and running **** luck with this car. We will try to find out why it was doing this and let you know. Still got error 2ad0 but no issue at all! Canít wait to get back on the track with the pr coils!


-07 335i coupe
BMS charge pipe
Turbosmart BOV
VRSF down pipe
BMS WMI with single nozzle ( 10 )
JB4 map 3 w/bluetooth & antiliag
Afe intake filter
BMS intercooler
BMS tranny cooler
BMS Double baffle catch can
MHD BEF Racegas
Precision Raceworks Coil
-Running 91 octane with WMI
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5,131
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-14-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredm21
Hey Guys, after spending several hours and amount of money to find the issue in the car I taught it would be great to let people know how I solved my tranny feeling doing hickup after shifting and going on neutral out of nowhere.

Before I say what was the issue let me tell you guys what I replaced!
I started with tranny oil change, seals, oil pan and sleeve which didnít help
Then whole tranny
Battery
Alternator
Cps sensor
New mechatronic
Another valvebody
Programming whole car, special thanks at Tony from codewerx
Replaced for another tranny again.

And to find out the guilty was: precision raceworks coils!

It was kicking out my egs communication somehow! Btw I donít want people to think or have bad opinion about them! They are good, pr is helping me now with it! Im just a guy not being lucky and running **** luck with this car. We will try to find out why it was doing this and let you know. Still got error 2ad0 but no issue at all! Canít wait to get back on the track with the pr coils!
Glad you got to the root of the problem.

Hopefully youíll be up & running issue free soon!



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 937
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-14-2019, 05:27 PM

Thats crazy ! Never heard of that. Thanks for posting all the troubleshooting you went through.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2018, N54tech.com