N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E90-355I
Default AT Temps solution / idea - a few questions - 05-19-2019, 09:44 AM

So I'm on my first -remanufactured/rebuilt- transmission on Madame MoneyPit Monica [MonocoBlau] ie: my e-90 335i.

The plan :
- A: I add an aftermarket AT cooler package [say one that is in the driver fender]
- B: Since the heat-exchanger is bypassed, I install a MT aftermarket radiator [no heat exchanger fittings/function]
- C: mystery !!

So step C is where I'm confused. Assuming the MT radiator will swap right in, are there any 'water-pump' fittings or other things I need to be aware of?

I did see a metal pipe that seemed to be connected to the cooling system on my subframe. Not sure what everything does as I'm still identifying things and sorting through information.

I've been googleing like a fanatic trying to figure this out, especially after, while servicing my serpentine belt/power steering pulley, I started to get a tiny weep [depending on the angle of the hoses] from that 'heat-exchanger'. So now in the back of my mind I'm wondering [is that just the hose qk-connect fittings weeping from the angle or is that another 'surprize muther$$' waiting to happen].

If anyone has any experience with this please let me know. Thanks in advance.