N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: q50 silver sport
Default Map 1 & 2 Log - 11-11-2019, 06:38 AM

What do you guys think of Map 1 & 2 log. safe to stay in Map 2.

thanks for the hep
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-11-05 05_29_24_Map-1.csv (14.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 2019-11-11 05_25_25_Map-2.csv (7.0 KB, 3 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: q50
Default 11-13-2019, 08:36 AM

Little short, but overall looks good.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
Post turbo stuff lol, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
(#3)
Old

Car: 16 Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
Default 11-13-2019, 10:47 AM

Looks safe but I recommend some fuel wires to make a little more power up top. Its such an easy and cheap improvement!

2016 Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD
K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
JB4 W/fuel wires Map 6 custom
E20ish mix made 413whp 410wtq (17-18psi peak)
(#4)
Old

Default Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Even if I only plan to run 91?
(#5)
Old

Default Yesterday, 11:10 AM

With the fuel you are using in the above logs the numbers look good. The car runs rich by factory design and will see some power improvement with a slightly leaner tuning which the fuel wires will achieve. The improvement is more substantial on better fuel and slightly higher boost targets but there are still gains on 91. Some have said fuel wires are not worth it on 91 octane but I disagree. They only cost $30 and take less then 1hr to install if you are doing it the first time (would take me maybe 20mins now that I have done them once). You enable them and thats it. The Jb4 does the rest and adjusts your afr to a more ideal fuel enrichment for power. Very cheap, simple and effective. Several people have done before and after dyno's showing improvement with the fuel wires enabled. Down the road you could decide to run some octane booster with a couple more psi set on kill for the weekend or track day, then you will see even more benefit.

K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger
(#6)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info bud, I will definitely be ordering them.
(#7)
Old

Default Today, 05:10 AM

The more research and log review of Ecutek tunes, the more I'm disliking the fuel wires. Mine have been installed for quite some time, and I just recently shut them off....

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
BMS HE
(#8)
Old

Default Today, 06:09 AM

Why did you turn them off? Where you having issues?
(#9)
Old

Default Today, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilo50
Why did you turn them off? Where you having issues?
No issues. The more I've reviewed logs from people with Ecutek tunes, particularly those from people with an AMS tune, they are intentionally keeping the AFR richer. More like a port injection engine than a DI engine. They're running 20 psi or more in some instances and not blowing up and running pump. I have to imagine that AMS has spent plenty of dyno time and street/race time to choose this intentionally. My theory is that if you're running low boost (RS or below) the fuel wires are a nice bump in power because you do not require the added fuel. When you start running above RS levels you want the richer fuel mixture to keep the combustion temps down and keep everything alive. I turned mine off the other day and the car hasn't felt this lively maybe ever. Going to do some tests at the track at some point and see.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW & WMI
BMS HE
(#10)
Old

Default Today, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
No issues. The more I've reviewed logs from people with Ecutek tunes, particularly those from people with an AMS tune, they are intentionally keeping the AFR richer. More like a port injection engine than a DI engine. They're running 20 psi or more in some instances and not blowing up and running pump. I have to imagine that AMS has spent plenty of dyno time and street/race time to choose this intentionally. My theory is that if you're running low boost (RS or below) the fuel wires are a nice bump in power because you do not require the added fuel. When you start running above RS levels you want the richer fuel mixture to keep the combustion temps down and keep everything alive. I turned mine off the other day and the car hasn't felt this lively maybe ever. Going to do some tests at the track at some point and see.
Sorry but I politely disagree. Most DI tuners that I have encountered do allow afr's in this range. There have been at least a few people who have showed improvement on the dyno and dragy times with the fuel wires enabled. If the logs show no timing being pulled then there is no knock. They did make an adjustment so the fuel wires had a slightly richer target as well. I believe it targets a low 12 vs mid 12 range now. The AMS tunes you mentioned, are tunes that are pushing more boost then the turbo is efficient and boost much sooner then we can achieve. You may be able to talk to Terry to see if we can make an adjustment ourselves to the target of the fuel wires if you don't like seeing 12 to 1 afr. We are only running boost 2-3lbs over the RS for the most part. To each his own.

K&N drop ins
Megan Racing Lowers
Megan Racing Y p!p3
BMS Heat Exchanger