N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Try another computer or device then, firmware is there and downloaded many times since your post.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 11-12-2018, 12:07 AM

Anybody tried / possible with jb4 to run with 100% e85?

Car still stock and we have out from pumps e85, 95e, 98e and 99e..e85 just is waaaayy cheaper.

Mods that’ll have, straight *********, dinan ic’s, custom cai’s and jb4 with bcm.
(#403)
Old

Car: F10 550i Xdrive
Default 01-03-2019, 01:43 PM

Sharing some progress we have made on my tune as back end and JB4 only plugged in to 3.5 bar t-map sensor. Car has CDP and Alpina B6 turbo swap N63 intake N63 oil Cooler. Running on Map 2 with E30 mix car is doing 60-130 @ 8.45 secs.

Here is a Dyno graph in 5th and 6th when the Dyno hit speed limiter. Car runs super smooth now with the addition of JB4 and pulls like a freight train in double digit speeds. Next test will be map 7 still only plugged in to tmap sensor. Big thanks to Terry for all the support and not forgetting the N63 platform his new hex file is amazing.

F10 550i xdrive Carbon Black Aluminum BMS Stage 2 WR 11.943 @117.940 Time Slip 421AWHP 467.9 AWTQ MUSTANG DYNO
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Late reply, but it's killing it! Nice work.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Car: 2011 550 M-Sport
Default Changes to Map Settings - 02-06-2019, 06:58 PM

Any insight into why Map settings on the first page of this thread have been changed? In particular, why Map 7 which use to say “ 8psi over stock additive, requires BCM” now says “undefined”?
(#406)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 08:50 PM

We decided to drop support for the BCM and add-on fuel wires given the high percentage of headaches running big boost on the N63 platform. As such maps that relied on both of those will also be removed from future firmware.

If you purchased an N63 BCM from us you're welcome to return it for a store credit for something else from us. And per usual you're welcome to continue running it with older firmware but we won't be able to provide any additional support for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#407)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 03-02-2019, 06:31 PM

terry so map one is pump gas? what dose it take to run map two? e30? meth?

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Map1 and map2 can be used on pump fuels. If you're on 91 octane probably map1 is best. While map2 is suitable for 93+.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 03-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Im assuming ground and power come through obd with new jb4 as well so it must be plugged in to be operational? and with the drop of bcm and fuel wires is it safe to say that n63 development is done?

07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom 4in fmic, vrsf cp, tail bov, custom catch cans, external pcv mod, adv O2's, phoenix intake manifold,fuel it port injection, bms meth kit dual cm10, Motiv twin disk, 450/540 in tanks/ 6an return and regulator, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors & pads,15in drag setup , ST coilovers,berk full exhaust ,jb4 g5, mhd

2012 650i- D0wn pip3s, jb4, custom drop in filters, carbon filter delete

Last edited by ///Monst3r; 03-09-2019 at 10:42 PM..
(#410)
Old

Car: F10 550i N63tu xdrive
Default 03-07-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550ix
Sharing some progress we have made on my tune as back end and JB4 only plugged in to 3.5 bar t-map sensor. Car has CDP and Alpina B6 turbo swap N63 intake N63 oil Cooler. Running on Map 2 with E30 mix car is doing 60-130 @ 8.45 secs.

Here is a Dyno graph in 5th and 6th when the Dyno hit speed limiter. Car runs super smooth now with the addition of JB4 and pulls like a freight train in double digit speeds. Next test will be map 7 still only plugged in to tmap sensor. Big thanks to Terry for all the support and not forgetting the N63 platform his new hex file is amazing.

Great progress Badblack550!! Thatís really fast for JB4 map2 boost levels. FYI to anyone reading map2 is 20psi max boost. To hit 8.45 second 60-130 is a great achievement! Congrats! Iím looking forward to faster times as you progress deeper into the boost!

F10 N63tu 550i Xdrive Msport, Imperial Blue Metallic, Beta JB4 w/BCM, Frequency intelligence catback, 20" Matte Bronze Ferrada F-8 wheels, H&R springs - WR 11.057@123.19 quarter mile
(#411)
Old

Car: Bmw 750li
Default Logs map2 n63 - 03-11-2019, 05:54 AM

This is my map2 log I want to setup map 6 with race gas can u help me with that
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-09 01_49_08 Map-2.csv (9.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Hb_z; 03-11-2019 at 05:59 AM..
(#412)
Old

Car: 2011 F02 xDrive
Default 03-26-2019, 04:49 PM

I know they dumped support for fuel wires, however I've finally got around to getting the car dialed in, and found a local supply of E85. Looking for the pin locations and pictures for fuel wire install. Tune at your own risk, I know....
(#413)
Old

Car: 2011 550 M-Sport
Default 03-27-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive750
I know they dumped support for fuel wires, however I've finally got around to getting the car dialed in, and found a local supply of E85. Looking for the pin locations and pictures for fuel wire install. Tune at your own risk, I know....
My oh my... I didn't realize but all links and videos for fuel wires and BCM have been taken down. Somebody must have done some serious damage.....

I'm still running balls to the wall.... but on Map 8.

Any who... I think... if I recall one black goes into spot #6 on the gray DME connector. The other black connects to the wire removed. One brown wire goes into spot #17 on the black DME connector. The other wire connects to the wire removed...

Let me pull it down this weekend to confirm before you start connecting stuff.

KYtuning:Cayman Islands
(#414)
Old

Car: BMW 650i fF13 n63
Default 04-07-2019, 05:14 AM

Hello, I am new to the forum. I am writing from Spain.
I am a former user of JB4 (amateur mode) in a 335i and very happy I repeated for my 650i.
I just read all the comments on 17 pages.
And my conclusion is that for 650i a stage2 or 3, they are problems if you do not have enough knowledge, as is my case.

I received my JB4 thinking that I could pass the 500cv and after reading all this, it will not be possible.
Graphs come out on the page and then you can not get to that in a reliable way

If I can provide readings to improve the n63, count on me.
Sorry for my English, but I have to use a Google translator
(#415)
Old

Car: 2012 550ix
Default 04-13-2019, 01:36 PM

Terry, will my WMI still function under map 3?
I see that the first post now shows map 3 as undefined.
(#416)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-13-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRDude
Terry, will my WMI still function under map 3?
I see that the first post now shows map 3 as undefined.
Map8 is the WMI map for FSB control on the N63.

Burger Motorsports

(#417)
Old

Car: 2012 550ix
Default 04-22-2019, 06:58 PM

ErinM... my notes are that black and brown wires are for BCM while green and purple are for fuel. Please confirm. I will have to check the BCM to confirm which wires are coming from it.
(#418)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 04-27-2019, 08:49 AM

Is it possible to get the tpms option?

07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom 4in fmic, vrsf cp, tail bov, custom catch cans, external pcv mod, adv O2's, phoenix intake manifold,fuel it port injection, bms meth kit dual cm10, Motiv twin disk, 450/540 in tanks/ 6an return and regulator, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors & pads,15in drag setup , ST coilovers,berk full exhaust ,jb4 g5, mhd

2012 650i- D0wn pip3s, jb4, custom drop in filters, carbon filter delete
(#419)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2019, 04:13 PM

No plans for that, sorry

Burger Motorsports

(#420)
Old

Car: 2013 M5 DCT
Default 05-30-2019, 10:44 AM

We have a 2009 bmw 750 with a jb4 that is currently running map 1. We get a power-train malfunction code in this map. It sounds like its detonating at WOT. Just installed new plugs and coils NGK 1 step colder. Vehicle drives fine with the jb4 off. We also have ran 5 separate tanks though it from different fuel stations around town. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks
(#421)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAutoHaus
We have a 2009 bmw 750 with a jb4 that is currently running map 1. We get a power-train malfunction code in this map. It sounds like its detonating at WOT. Just installed new plugs and coils NGK 1 step colder. Vehicle drives fine with the jb4 off. We also have ran 5 separate tanks though it from different fuel stations around town. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks
Do you have a JB4 log on map0 and short log on map1? There should not be any knock on map1 unless something is wrong.

Burger Motorsports

(#422)
Old
masapod2892

Car: f02 n63
Default 06-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAutoHaus

Thanks
I kinda had a similar issue.

I bought new bosch plugs and bosch coils from advanced (online coupons make crazy discounts for in store pickup), the bosch coils I recieved 3 doa, also misfired constantly on 1, 3, and 6. I then removed the coils and plugs to my surprise the 5 out of 8 plugs ceramic insulator rotated. I returned every bosch item I bought, ordered a set of delphi coils from fcp and got exchanged new plugs from advanced, still misfired but on 2,3,4. Then out of frustration I went to BMW and bought their own bosch plugs (friend has commercial account) to my surprise it quit misfiring, ran smooth and as of now I have been running on map 2 for 3 weeks without any weird issues so far.

I can be wrong on this but I think bosch coils have dropped in quality after being made in Slovenia and the plugs I received from advanced I'm lost on any conclusions.

out of curiosity when you install the plugs did you drop them in the hole or slowly put them in and start them by hand. I did notice when I dropped one in the gaps changed significantly.

I haven't tried ngk yet.