N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheharyar_rr
Any point in doing it if im on 94 octane pump gas? I have a dme flash
Not if also flashed, since the flash would have already cranked up the WGDC tables giving the JB4 plenty of extra room on it's targeting. In fact it might be you want to use the JB4 EWG connections to LOWER WGDC at some point.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 02-16-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Not if also flashed, since the flash would have already cranked up the WGDC tables giving the JB4 plenty of extra room on it's targeting. In fact it might be you want to use the JB4 EWG connections to LOWER WGDC at some point.
How do i go about getting this EWG jb4? i flashed the s63tu jb4 with the firmware you gave me. I guess i need to install it back

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#103)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2019, 06:25 PM

New G series N63TU systems we ship have the connectors, best option is to upgrade to a new harness.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-27-2019, 06:32 PM

Hey guys,

Noticed out G series N63TU has the JB4 installed on the passenger side, when the current harness is spaced out with a shorter OBDII to install on the driver side.

I don't have a car handy here. If anyone has time post a few install photos in the thread so I can update our guide until we can get our hands on our local M550 test car again.

Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#105)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 03-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Noticed out G series N63TU has the JB4 installed on the passenger side, when the current harness is spaced out with a shorter OBDII to install on the driver side.

I don't have a car handy here. If anyone has time post a few install photos in the thread so I can update our guide until we can get our hands on our local M550 test car again.

Thanks!
This was actually an issue with my JB4 when i installed they ended up have to extend the wires to even reach
(#106)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsela_f80
This was actually an issue with my JB4 when i installed they ended up have to extend the wires to even reach
Darn wish they had emailed us, you just place the box on driver side now.

Burger Motorsports

(#107)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Darn wish they had emailed us, you just place the box on driver side now.
Auto Couture did email you. they would of put on the drivers side but weren't sure if there was a specific reason it needed to be on passenger side.

The Jb4 works fine, but the re-sale of the unit is out the window now since wires had to be extended which is pretty annoying.
(#108)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2019, 09:44 PM

If they had emailed us we'd tell them not to modify the unit and to place it on the driver side. But makes little difference. Shorten the wires again later next time you install/remove it if so inclined, or not.

Burger Motorsports

(#109)
Old

Car: M550i
Default 04-02-2019, 05:48 AM

Yeah, i tried putting my jb4 on the passenger side lodged between the air filter housing and the side wall but it kept dropping down so right now i dont have the obdII connected. Im gonna figure out a way to get it to fit today and ill post some pics!
(#110)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2019, 08:48 AM

Check our F90 M5 JB4 install guide, it's the same basic engine bay.

Burger Motorsports

(#111)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 04:49 PM

Pics for install - m550i jb4
Red lines- tmap
Blue - obdII
the ewg sensors are just ziptied to the brace and the jb4 box is ziptied to driver side brace.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
(#112)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamAC_01
Pics for install - m550i jb4
Red lines- tmap
Photo of what your space looks like with brake booster cover removed? Should be able to zip-tie box there.

Burger Motorsports

(#113)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM

It should fit under the brake booster cover however since i installed it with the short tmap plug going to the passenger side, i dont feel like taking the entire thing off just to put the jb4 under the brake booster cover lol. This setup will do lol
(#114)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2019, 10:09 AM

Ah OK, no worries.

Burger Motorsports

(#115)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 09:22 AM

heres a 5th gear map 2 log from 2900ish RPM

Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-08 19_57_29_Map-2.csv (9.5 KB, 57 views)
(#116)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsela_f80
heres a 5th gear map 2 log from 2900ish RPM

Thoughts?
Generally looks OK. Would probably response well to a little more octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#117)
Old

Default 04-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Generally looks OK. Would probably response well to a little more octane.
i ordered a Draggy today, i will try again with 100 Octane.

ill post results
(#118)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Sounds like a plan!

Burger Motorsports

(#119)
Old

Default 04-16-2019, 07:48 AM

[IMG]
[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

here a map 2 run on 93 Oct.

for the 1/4 run i had a crappy launch did 0-60 in about 4.5, was able to do 3.4s on other launches.
(#120)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2019, 09:09 AM

Not bad! Log of the 1/4 mile run to see how boost looks?

Burger Motorsports

(#121)
Old

Default 05-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Has anyone tested with all connections made?
(#122)
Old

Car: 2019 BMW M550i
Default 06-10-2019, 06:45 AM

Anyone have a ball park figure on what kind of horsepower/torque gain you get from the JB4 Map1 setting with stock parts from the 2019 M550i?
(#123)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-10-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKYARD
Anyone have a ball park figure on what kind of horsepower/torque gain you get from the JB4 Map1 setting with stock parts from the 2019 M550i?
The gains are pretty substantial, but we don't have any dyno figures yet.
Maybe someone will chime in if they have one.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKYARD
Even map1 is worth 40-50hp.

Burger Motorsports

(#125)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2019, 09:29 AM

I noticed some G N63TU are using 2.5 bar TMAP sensors and others 3.5 bar TMAP sensors. So I'm going to have to adjust the firmware to auto detect it.

Would be helpful if G series N63TU cars could post logs in this thread so I can get a better feeling for which year cars are running which sensors.

Burger Motorsports