N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Mine
Default JB4 Mobile What's Update - 11 March 2019 - 03-11-2019, 03:29 PM

JB4 Mobile What’s Update

11 March 2019

Location, Location, Location

If you’ve made it this far, you’ve found the new home of all things related to the JB4 Mobile app. Any new stickies relating to the app, along with any content pertaining to the app (from us or from you, the community), will also be located here in this sub-forum. If it’s about the app, this is where your voice can be heard.

For the time being, you will also find that the extensive 5+ year old support thread has been positioned at the top of this section for your own reference. You’re of course welcome to use it, but the purpose of this sub-forum is to attempt to mitigate ALL traffic relating to the app to different topics and queries separately. This helps us, to help you.

Likewise, if you have suggestions for new ideas in future mobile updates, please feel free to speak freely here in the sub-forum.

Have a cool story, bro? Pics or it didn’t happen. We of course welcome any accolades and accounts of use of the app that you wish to share. Someone else might learn from your experience. We’re here to share, and to continue to grow.

All the Small Things

Fresh off the press, we have a new round of updates that will be applicable for both IOS and Android devices. Of course, if you have any questions or issues, please feel free to drop us a line.

Remote Pin Reset – Forgotten your PIN? I know I have…fear not, we have a solution for you! If you’ve misplaced your PIN on your Rev. 3.6 kit, you will now be assisted remotely with your query.

Raw Logging Sampling Toggle – This diagnostic function can be used to help troubleshoot various logging conditions for newer vehicles. Do not enable unless otherwise instructed.

Engine Parameter Updates – This will update various Min/Max/Conversion parameters when saving User Adj./Methanol settings to conform with the current JB4 firmware version.

The Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug

Of course with any fine-tuned [ultimate driving] machine (or others – you’re welcome here, too), we depend on your feedback in case anything doesn’t look right or function in a manner that’s most ergonomic for the use of the app.

With your feedback, we’ve been able to squash these bugs:

• Fixed editable property of some of the 'Read Only' text boxes
• Missing 'Load Config' button in the User Adj. page (iOS)
• Various typos.

Any other bugs we missed? Any typos that weren’t autocorrected?

For further suggestions or exterminations, please post in our new bug thread (Current Bug List - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion).

In The Werks

After this current update, Android-users: rejoice. The Android version of the JB4 mobile app will be receiving a complete overhaul on the graphing functionality. More info will be provided on this at a later date, as it nears completion.

Introductions

Considering my presence on this forum is very initial, this week I’ll take the time to introduce myself and the role I’ll be contributing on this forum. If my account name wasn’t implicit, my name is Miles – please feel free to call me just that. Among other responsibilities, I’ll be dishing-out these updates as they become available along with other topics worth noting about the JB4 Mobile app or the DMAC Mobile Developments team behind it. Always feel welcome to give me a shout – I’ll be the one to talk-to for any of your app-related questions or suggestions.

Personally, I’m officially one of the greenest members of the DMD crew, but I’ve known most of the team for almost a decade or longer. Having the opportunity to work alongside them is certainly a privilege and an opportunity I would never refuse. My personal background is in business management and social network analysis, while always maintaining an appetite for automotive culture.

Signing-Off (For Now)

…and if you’ve made it this far, we certainly appreciate your time and attention Sorry – no lousy T-shirts (yet). Look forward to new updates and posts here in the JB4 Mobile sub-forum. And if you like the new digs or if you have anything to share during a future update, let us know! We value your input.

Cheers!

-Miles

(#2)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 03-11-2019, 10:28 PM

Glad to have you on the forums, Miles! do you guys have any plans to integrate steering wheel exclusive controls, such as, Exhaust Flap, ASD, and LED brightness into the mobile app? This is for the S55 JB4 version...

2017 M3 ZCP
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Honda Civic Sport
Default 03-12-2019, 12:22 AM

Welcome, Looking forward to fun updates
(#4)
Old

Default 03-13-2019, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Glad to have you on the forums, Miles! do you guys have any plans to integrate steering wheel exclusive controls, such as, Exhaust Flap, ASD, and LED brightness into the mobile app? This is for the S55 JB4 version...
Thank you! It's great to be a part of it.

This SWC topic has been inquired internally. I'll follow-up as I have more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgklim
Welcome, Looking forward to fun updates
More are on the rise.

Stay tuned.
(#5)
Old

Car: Leon Cupra
Default 04-02-2019, 02:24 PM

In the iphone version, reviewing a log you can point at one place and get all information collected at that timestamp. However in the android version that doesn't seem to be the case. Any plans to give the dark side the same capabilities?
(#6)
Old

Default 04-02-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupracing
In the iphone version, reviewing a log you can point at one place and get all information collected at that timestamp. However in the android version that doesn't seem to be the case. Any plans to give the dark side the same capabilities?
Hey there - we'll be giving Android users some more love soon. I'll follow-up as I know more. Thanks for asking!
(#7)
Old

Thumbs up 04-03-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Hey there - apologies for the belated details regarding this SWC implentation, as these features are currently in queue to be tested for the retail version of the app in the beta.

If you'd like to participate, here's your ticket there:
Android Beta Check - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupracing
"You underestimate the power of the dark side." 😉

Movie quotes aside, this function will also be available to you and other Android-preferred devices soon enough.
(#8)
Old

Car: E88
Default 04-26-2019, 09:31 AM

Just wanted to post that when the mobile app detects corrupted setting values and resets them, it thinks it is still connected but the values are hung, and I have to manually disconnect and reconnect.