N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 04:04 PM

That is going to depend on the file used. They are all posted unlocked so you can open with tuner pro, the included XDF, and browse the timing and lambda tables if interested in the details.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#152)
Old

Car: f80 m3
Default My JB4 changes from Map8 to Map4. - 12-31-2018, 02:05 AM

I am using WMI and run from JB4 to Map8.
I am experiencing change to Map4 this winter.
The reason is that it has exceeded the Boost Failsafe PSI.

This situation did not occur last winter and did not use BEF at that time.

Now I am using Map1, and it does not happen to change to Map4.

I wonder what is the problem. When I look at the log, it does not have a particularly high Boost value.

I need help. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-31 10_27_52.csv (5.4 KB, 55 views)
(#153)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-31-2018, 09:29 AM

I'd need to see the log where it changes maps. Could be an over boost? I would disable FUD bit5, set duty bias all to 50, as first steps.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#154)
Old

Car: f80 m3
Default 12-31-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd need to see the log where it changes maps. Could be an over boost? I would disable FUD bit5, set duty bias all to 50, as first steps.
Thank you for your quick reply!
I will set it up as you say and I will run my car again.

2015 F80 M3
JB4 + Bluetooth Kit
BMS WMI FSB (Dual CM5 Nozzles, 50:50 Mixture)
BMS BEF for S55 by MHD flasher
BMS Oil catch can
BMS S55 perfomence Intake
BMS DCT Oil pan
ER Chargepipe
NGK 1 step colder Spark Plug
BMW S55 M Perfomence Exaust
(#155)
Old

Car: 2018 ZCP M3 6 Speed
Default 01-02-2019, 12:10 PM

Hey Terry, my car is misfiring heavily on e85, was fine before. I'm guessing its the weather and quality of fuel. 5 gallons of e85 with rest 91. Here is a log right before drive train malfunction code. This is with FOL set to 80.
Attached Files
File Type: csv map7 missfire.csv (6.2 KB, 47 views)
(#156)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 01-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDrift
Hey Terry, my car is misfiring heavily on e85, was fine before. I'm guessing its the weather and quality of fuel. 5 gallons of e85 with rest 91. Here is a log right before drive train malfunction code. This is with FOL set to 80.
You're running extremely lean at FOL 80. Curious to know who suggested that value for you?

Try the following changes:

1. Increase Boost Safety from [28] to [30]

2. Decrease FOL from [80] to [40]

3. Set Fuel Duty Bias values to [50] across the range

4. Reset FF Adaption Values between [100-120]

It would also to help to know which BEF (e.g. RACE, E85, E85_IGN) and map revision you're running.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#157)
Old

Default 01-02-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
You're running extremely lean at FOL 80. Curious to know who suggested that value for you?

Try the following changes:

1. Increase Boost Safety from [28] to [30]

2. Decrease FOL from [80] to [40]

3. Set Fuel Duty Bias values to [50] across the range

4. Reset FF Adaption Values between [100-120]

It would also to help to know which BEF (e.g. RACE, E85, E85_IGN) and map revision you're running.
I'm running Race map, I will try those setting and see if it makes any difference. Will report back.
(#158)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Log is too short for me to tell what is wrong. But E30 isn't enough to run map7 boost levels. Record a log on map2 so we can better evaluate it.

On the settings FOL = 70 (default for E85 use), duty bias all to 50 (default), and then lower FF to 80 as a starting point. It will adjust itself from there.

Burger Motorsports

(#159)
Old

Default 01-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Log is too short for me to tell what is wrong. But E30 isn't enough to run map7 boost levels. Record a log on map2 so we can better evaluate it.

On the settings FOL = 70 (default for E85 use), duty bias all to 50 (default), and then lower FF to 80 as a starting point. It will adjust itself from there.
Here is a map 2 log I just did with those settings, I'm guessing I have bad fuel, it has never acted like this before.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-03 10_17_00 Map-2.csv (9.6 KB, 56 views)
(#160)
Old

Car: M3 f80
Default 02-17-2019, 09:43 PM

Has anyone done some comparisons between all 3 MHD flash options on one test car.?

Would be very interested in knowing the power differences between Race, E85 and E85_IGN
(#161)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Here is a map 2 log I just did with those settings, I'm guessing I have bad fuel, it has never acted like this before.
Sorry missed this post, ever get it sorted?

Burger Motorsports

(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CICCO
Has anyone done some comparisons between all 3 MHD flash options on one test car.?

Would be very interested in knowing the power differences between Race, E85 and E85_IGN
It depends on the fuel. The main difference between the maps is how aggressive the timing profile is, and how lean the AFR is. With straight E85 the E85_IGN map is definitely the strongest.

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Default 02-18-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
It depends on the fuel. The main difference between the maps is how aggressive the timing profile is, and how lean the AFR is. With straight E85 the E85_IGN map is definitely the strongest.
Thanks terry

Ok but i was under the impression i would need fuelit mods pumps etc and change the gapping on the plugs to run full e85.

Im currently running RACE file on map6 with 20% e85 and its awsome but like always im interested in more if i can achieve it with my set up.

E85 is easy to get for me in australia i have 2 gasstations next to my house.
so is it achievable on stock fuel system ? And what other mods should i consider to make it a solid setup?

Currently engine mods are
- full turbo back ******* AK exhaust
- afe intake system
-BMS charge *****
-JB4 & MHD
- crank hub bolt locking cap.

Future mods
- pure stage 2+
- dodson race clutch
(#164)
Old

Car: M4
Default 02-19-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks terry

Ok but i was under the impression i would need fuelit mods pumps etc and change the gapping on the plugs to run full e85.

Im currently running RACE file on map6 with 20% e85 and its awsome but like always im interested in more if i can achieve it with my set up.

so is it achievable on stock fuel system ? And what other mods should i consider to make it a solid setup?

- afe intake system
-BMS charge *****
-JB4 & MHD

Future mods
- pure stage 2+
- dodson race clutch

what is a "crank hub bolt locking cap" ???

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#165)
Old

Default 02-19-2019, 02:32 PM

sorry its called a crank hub capture, it doesn't fix the problem but stops the bolt from backing out/ coming loose.

small insurance from my perspective.
Attached Images

(#166)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks terry

- afe intake system
-BMS charge *****
-JB4 & MHD

Future mods
- pure stage 2+
- dodson race clutch
You can run 100% E85 on the current E85 BEF, the question is how much boost can you run before high pressure tanks. And it's normally around 24psi (map5 levels).

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old

Car: M4
Default 02-20-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:

sorry its called a crank hub capture, it doesn't fix the problem but stops the bolt from backing out/ coming loose.

small insurance from my perspective.

so if it doesn't fix the issue then what is the point of this ?

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#168)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsabia
so if it doesn't fix the issue then what is the point of this ?
??? did you read what i said?

stops the crank hub bolt from backing out..

small insurance...

2 things can happen with this issue now im down to 1 thing.

ill do the solid crank hub fix when i get the pure 2+ turbos
(#169)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 05:35 PM

Quick update on the BMS BEF (E85_IGN) flashed via MHD. Sadly, the ignition target bug is still there. However, I still managed to run back to back 10.93@131mph 1/4 miles runs despite the drawback from two weekends ago.

For those who are after the most power output, your best bet for flashing is currently via BM3, at least until MHD gets this issue sorted out.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#170)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Quick update on the BMS BEF (E85_IGN) flashed via MHD. Sadly, the ignition target bug is still there. However, I still managed to run back to back 10.93@131mph 1/4 miles runs despite the drawback from two weekends ago.

For those who are after the most power output, your best bet for flashing is currently via BM3, at least until MHD gets this issue sorted out.

I have a fix for this and I believe Terry does as well. PM for details

JB4,MHD,DCI,**,VRSF 7.5 fmic, Pure S2, Fuel it PI, S3 Bucketless
11.7@117mph Stock Turbo
11.3@130mph Pure S2
(#171)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson335i
I have a fix for this and I believe Terry does as well. PM for details
Sounds good! Maybe Terry can chime in on this, since we discovered this issue back in November.

My current workaround is to flash the BEF via BM3 instead. I'm fortunate to have both BM3 and MHD, but maybe those who are stuck with MHD can benefit from the potential fix.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#172)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Sounds good! Maybe Terry can chime in on this, since we discovered this issue back in November.

My current workaround is to flash the BEF via BM3 instead. I'm fortunate to have both BM3 and MHD, but maybe those who are stuck with MHD can benefit from the potential fix.
Same here, initial fix was to flash the file via BM3. But Martial provided me a different xdf to change some additional tables and problem was solved.

Problem it’s mainly on Competition vehicles for some reason.

JB4,MHD,DCI,**,VRSF 7.5 fmic, Pure S2, Fuel it PI, S3 Bucketless
11.7@117mph Stock Turbo
11.3@130mph Pure S2
(#173)
Old

Default 03-08-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson335i
Same here, initial fix was to flash the file via BM3. But Martial provided me a different xdf to change some additional tables and problem was solved.

Problem itís mainly on Competition vehicles for some reason.
Do you mind sharing the alternate XDF file along with the necessary table changes on here?

Terry, have you been made aware of this MHD solution for the ignition target issue?

2017 M3 ZCP
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:

I think the issue we had recently was with the timing2 and timing3 tables not being adjusted. Email me the BEF you're working with and I'll check them, reply with the latest XDF.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old

Default 03-09-2019, 02:20 PM

I'm having a similar issue also running full e85 and bef e85_IGN.

Was working very well for about 2 tanks of e85 and now it's struggles to start sometimes and the exhaust burble dosent work all the time for some reason.

I have tryed to flash the bef 3 times now and it's still doing the same thing.

I hope MHD are working on it ASAP or is this something you can assist with terry?

FYI I have ordered the 2 step cold spark plugs from BMS would this help the situation?