N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default No Fly Zone 11/10/18 Results, Photos, & Videos - 11-10-2018, 07:46 PM

Just got back from my favorite 1/2 mile event, NFZ @ Shafter. Always a fun chill atmosphere there, and a great turn out. Tons of fast BMWs representing today!

I didn't take many photos myself but asked the guys to make a point of capturing videos so we should have some good ones.

As far as results I raced our 2018 F90 M5, JB4, BMS intake, race gas mix. Ran a best of 166mph from a dig, 163mph from a roll, all using map3. Took a run on map5 and while the log looked like it should have been faster trap speed was similar. May need to run straight race gas next time. Had some fun grudge races against Jon in our 2015 M5. Videos coming.

Payam ran our GC2 powered 2008 135i MT on E85, which proved to be quite a handful to get down the track safely. He ran a best of 171mph from a roll but when we went to crank it up, the car wound up in the dirt. I hear he has a good video. Time to rework the suspension and tires, or just screw it and install a 2spd trans for 1/4 mile glory.

Jason ran our 2018 C63 with a JB4, BMS intake, race gas mix. Although speed limited still he ran a best of 157mph sort of riding the limiter the last bit of the track. Got lots of great kills, and we got lots of great data on the car. Ran really solid all day. Can't wait to see his videos.

Ando raced our 2016 Q50 with a JB4, BMS intake, BMS heat exchanger, and a 30% E85 mix. Was running great all day and did a best of 145mph tuned, and 131mph stock (JB4 map0).

Gil raced our 2018 Kia Stinger with a JB4, BMS intake, BMS WMI kit (proved very useful!), and a 30% E85 mix. The Stinger was the surprise of the day hitting a best of 147mph. We took a stock run comparison also (JB4 map0) at 133mph. I heard there are some good videos of the Q50 vs. Stinger head to head.

Jon ran our 2015 F10 M5 with JB4, BMS intake, BMS WMI, and a race gas mix. He kept boost around 25psi most of the day with lots of drama free 166mph traps. Still an impressive platform. Was hoping to have our S63TU back end flash map ready for the event but MHD is lagging on on the flashing tools a bit. Next time for sure. A lot more potential for this motor.

Finally Adam brought his personal 2015 C7 Z06, manual trans. Car is basically stock with a BMS drop in filter and a mild tune. Ran a best of 151mph. Going to get a 15% lower pulley and E30 tune going on it ASAP.

In terms of customer cars there were tons of BMWs out there, most of them JB4 powered, and some impressive runs.

I had a great time hanging out with long time customers, meeting some for the first time, and talking shop. I'll give them a chance to make their results posts before I steal their glory.

Lots more to come to this thread!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmizz
Thank god everything went well untill the end. Also huge thanks to Terry for the tuning etc. JB4/ MHD is deffently the best. Car was able to go 170.7 rolling into it. Stock block/ Trans.
Car is on 6266 Jpworkz, race gas 110 & 100% Meth.
Xph stage 3 trans flash w/Trans cooler
On 26psi. Anyhing over that car would start to kick me out of 5th gear. But damn this car would move on 28psi untill it kick me out and started to misfire.
I will also post a pic of my log. For everyone wanting to know. Lol
Ill soon be contacting Propulsive Dynamics about some upgrades but non the less enjoy.

Name:  3DD176DE-ED08-46C8-9E2B-40F78582C6B9.jpeg
Views: 436
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  2D7CD0D0-9015-4307-B18E-C56B26C80116.png
Views: 436
Size:  134.8 KB

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 11-10-2018, 10:05 PM

It was deffently moving. Untill higher boost boo
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-10-2018, 11:31 PM

Nice! Let’s see some footage

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#5)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 11-10-2018, 11:54 PM

Had tons of fun, as usual. JB4 got me an additional 10 MPH compared to last year's stock turbo/stock MPPSK flash runs. Still more in the turbo, too. The B58 is still barely scratching the surface of its potential.

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...

Last edited by Bullitt1841; 11-11-2018 at 02:26 PM..
(#6)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 11-11-2018, 12:42 AM

Maybe get a sequential manual (I think I saw vtt have one), or an auto (like donnie/dmacpro), you probably need to get some wider and stickier tires in the back while dialing in the suspension to keep it stable.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#7)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 11-11-2018, 01:29 AM

Nice seeing everyone out there today! The BMS C63 AMG was consistent and impressive with the JB4 and BMS intake. Video below is me vs a Weistec tuned C63s coupe from a dig. He was right next to me the whole time.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-11-2018, 01:47 AM

Had a great time at NFZ today. Boy what a handful, I tried to tame the beast but it bit back! Traction is very hard with the 135i, I don't do 1/2 gear WOT just useless. 40mph rolls at the cone was what I keep doing to keep things consistent.

Did a best of 171.1 MPH at 28 psi. Turned it up to 32, and didn't have a good time LOL.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 11-11-2018, 09:02 AM

just sold the n54 planning on gettting a C63 next nice to see some data anyway to get rid of the speed limiter? with some more bolt on's and meth could see it trapping high 160's?
(#10)
Old
Administrator

Default 11-11-2018, 12:49 PM

Easy day in the trusty BMS F10 M5. No changes to the setup this time with JB4/intake/meth kit running race gas mix. I ended up trapping 167.53 at 27 psi late in the day. Grudge match runs were at 25 psi.

It was good to see customers out at the event as usual. This is definitely my favorite event as it is efficient and laid back.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 11-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Had a great time at NFZ today. Boy what a handful, I tried to tame the beast but it bit back! Traction is very hard with the 135i, I don't do 1/2 gear WOT just useless. 40mph rolls at the cone was what I keep doing to keep things consistent.

Did a best of 171.1 MPH at 28 psi. Turned it up to 32, and didn't have a good time LOL.

I can't imagine what was going through your head, there was no way saving that.
(#12)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 11-11-2018, 01:38 PM

Another fun day for me. Was driving the Q50 this time around.
Was pretty consistent and zero issues. 145mph was best run . Mods are JB4, BMS intake, BMS heat exchanger and e30 fuel.
Stock run was 131mph.
Did few back to back runs trying to heatsoak the car and only difference was around 1mph. BMS heat exchanger works awesome!

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 11-11-2018 at 02:43 PM..
(#13)
Old
Legend

Default 11-11-2018, 01:39 PM

JB4 was limited to 26 PSI yesterday due to the 12 PSI limit above the BEF DME BT, so my best was 154 MPH vs. 144 MPH with stock turbo. Once removed I think we can get the PS2 to 30 PSI

Camaro decided to go from a dig and I wasn't made aware of that!

Almost kept up with the Hellcat..

Still haven't figured out the best way to launch the new setup. Spun REALLY hard in 1st on the first run and bogged in 2nd on the second run against Jason in the BMS C63.

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Last edited by Bullitt1841; 11-11-2018 at 01:55 PM..
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22
just sold the n54 planning on gettting a C63 next nice to see some data anyway to get rid of the speed limiter? with some more bolt on's and meth could see it trapping high 160's?
It's a sweet platform! Removing the limiter would mean true vehicle speed would be stored in every module on the vehicle, making any sort of warranty or lease trade in awkward. So not something we plan to add at this point.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 11-11-2018, 11:50 PM

Here's my full contribution:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1554353

2017 M3 ZCP
(#16)
Old

Default 11-12-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Just watched this video. The same exact thing happened to me earlier in the day. 2nd gear roll at 30 mph ...then wipe out

Edit: One of my buddies believe it has something to do with the paint on the tarmac, because we literally had the same exact spin out. Although, I did take out one of the steel reflectors in the same area, so that may have helped prevent any battle scars on the 135i

2017 M3 ZCP

Last edited by narstune; 11-12-2018 at 01:07 AM..
(#17)
Old
Legend

Default 11-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon @ BMS
Easy day in the trusty BMS F10 M5. No changes to the setup this time with JB4/intake/meth kit running race gas mix. I ended up trapping 167.53 at 27 psi late in the day. Grudge match runs were at 25 psi.

It was good to see customers out at the event as usual. This is definitely my favorite event as it is efficient and laid back.
Just goes to show what AWD and traction will do for you. The F90 will destroy the F10 all day every day on the street.

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Just watched this video. The same exact thing happened to me earlier in the day. 2nd gear roll at 30 mph ...then wipe out
Yes thanks for "clearancing" any poles in the area for us.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 11-12-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes thanks for "clearancing" any poles in the area for us.
LMAO!

My wipe out was actually worse than Payam's. I'll PM you both the footage.

Never buying Extreme Contact Sport tires again. This wasn't the first or second time these tires wanted to hug a wall in a straight line run. Thankfully, the track prep at Sonoma Raceway is fairly decent.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#20)
Old

Car: n54 335
Default 11-12-2018, 11:21 AM

glad youre ok payam... good stuff guys

751WHP 688WTQ
JP Works Kit Record
SOLD: E90 335i 751whp 688WTQ
CURRENT: E82 135i (under construction)
Visit my website VaderSolution.com !
(#21)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-12-2018, 11:28 AM

Had a blast at No Fly Zone on Saturday! Couldn't be happier with my results and I couldn't have done it without Terry & Payams help, Thanks guys!

My highest trap speed of the day was 169.9 (no passenger on this run)

2007 bmw e90 335i (no weight reduction)
-vm/acf turbo kit
-precision 6266 gen2
-6MT
-Map 4 (28psi)

Ill add more info & pics after work
Attached Images

(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-12-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarmarji
glad youre ok payam... good stuff guys
Thank you Omar! I guess it wasn't that bad, but it was my first wipe out ever in any car.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Here's another angle.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 11-12-2018, 01:48 PM

Whoa, you really went for a ride there Payam! Glad that non-paved section was fairly flat with nothing to catch an edge on.

What was more terrifying -- this or your passenger side experience on One Take?

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#25)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
LMAO!

My wipe out was actually worse than Payam's. I'll PM you both the footage.

Never buying Extreme Contact Sport tires again. This wasn't the first or second time these tires wanted to hug a wall in a straight line run. Thankfully, the track prep at Sonoma Raceway is fairly decent.
Thank you for all the footage man. Glad that we both got out okay and most importantly the cars made it LOLOL

Burger Motorsports