N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 10/27/18 Results Thread - 10-27-2018, 08:17 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back from another long hot day racing at shift sector!

I raced our 2018 F90 M5 with JB4 and a BMS prototype intake system. Racing on 50% 91 50% MS109. Overall car ran well, but lost a huge chunk of the day thanks to a random exhaust flange that fell off some junker driving up to the staging lanes. Hit my front tire and popped the crap out of it.

Fortunately there was a tire shop near by and we were able to flatbed the car back to the pits, take off the rim, and get it patched up.

Stock ran 150.5mph, the new map1 (~4psi over stock) ran 155.5mph, and map3 ran 158.9mph. I had planned to spend the day testing higher boost levels but with the hours lost due to the flat wasn't able to make it happen.

Thanks for dropping this in the staging lanes random junker race car:
Name:  junk.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  156.9 KB

Payam raced our white 135i Vargas GC2 build. After an initial low boost run at 165mph we had high hopes for finally hitting 175mph with it. But, it wasn't meant to be. While Payam took care of the M5 tire I got behind the wheel. First run the boost line off the BOV popped off resulting in low boost. Fixed that, and the next run on a hard 3->4 shift the plastic intake manifold exploded. Sigh. Was planning on swapping it for a Phoenix alum intake last week but never got to it. Really regret it now. Hopefully we can fix up for NFZ in a couple weeks.

Name:  n54_oops.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  210.2 KB

Ando had our 2018 Kia Stinger out for development. Car runs a JB4, WMI kit, BMS intake. Ran back to back to back to back ~139.5mph runs. I had planned to turn the boost up on that later in the day but never got around to it. Got lots of great data just the same. And the announcers kept commenting on the Kia going down the racetrack lol. It won a few races and did pretty well, Ando will have to put together a list of cars it was faster than there.

Jon took our 2018 C63 for development. It's running a JB4 and BMS prototype intake. Hit the 155mph speed limiter with ease. We took a stock run at around 144mph so pretty nice delta.

Jason had our Z06 out running a BMS drop in, E30 tuning, and 2.3" pulley, and per usual car ran solid 160-162mph runs most of the day.

There was a pretty good BMW crowd out representing. I didn't catch all the traps but a Pure Stage2 M3 was running well at 175mph. And a couple single turbo N54s were floating around too representing.

Name:  IMG_20181027_113413867.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  128.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20181027_113401727.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  162.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20181027_102826204.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  171.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20181027_154312085.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  197.0 KB

Name:  c63.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  173.8 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2014 F10 M5 CP Frozen Grey
Default 10-27-2018, 09:04 PM

Sucks about the tire and manifold - was looking forward to some craziness from your 135. I couldn’t make it so Hank from IROZ took my spot and seems he did well. I will see you guys at NFZ!
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 10-28-2018, 02:51 AM

Funny how the VTT car kept having issues, nice stable Terry! Must be a blast out there !
(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Kia Stinger earned respect at SS.
139.9mph was definitely not the slowest car there.

VS BMW M2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92B9CxzftZU

Top overall speeds for each car.

2018 Bmw M2 ( 126.48 mph )
2017 BMW M2 ( 134.97 mph )
2011 Audi R8 ( 135.83 mph )
2008 BMW 335i ( 135.26 mph )
2012 Mercedes CLS63 AMG ( 139.75 mph )
2017 Ford Mustang GT ( 136.28 mph )
2003 Chevrolet Corvette ( 139.23 mph )
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ( 141.29 mph )
2010 Chevrolet Camaro ( 130.17 mph )
2013 Ford GT500 ( 142.86 mph )
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 ( 133.06 mph )
2018 Tesla Model 3 ( 119.40 mph )
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
Funny how the VTT car kept having issues, nice stable Terry! Must be a blast out there !
Yes really annoying to say the least. At this point anyone serious about racing a manual trans N54 should just do the alum intake swap I think. Just not worth losing a day of racing. Plus a bunch of electrical stuff got tore up, hood dented, etc, so it's a headache to fix after.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Sucks about the tire and manifold - was looking forward to some craziness from your 135. I couldn’t make it so Hank from IROZ took my spot and seems he did well. I will see you guys at NFZ!
Yes I saw that blue one, 180mph I think? Insane! Can't wait to see how yours runs. Jesse @ Pure just got a TTRS also. Audi is taking over these events lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Administrator

Default 10-28-2018, 11:14 AM

Got lots of good data at Shift Sector with the BMS 2018 C63 sedan. Hit the speed limiter on all the JB4 runs. Map 0 which disables the JB4 ran 11.5mph less at 144.4! :

All runs on a mix of about 80% race gas with the BMS intake prototype installed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 10-28-2018, 02:04 PM

It looks like the JB4 crew is taking over all platforms!

Sorry to hear about the tire blowout... that's a major bummer! Whichever junker blew out the exhaust flange should've been kicked out of the air strip, and possibly banned from all future Shift S3ctor events.

Looking forward to seeing better results at NFZ! I'll be participating with my car, as well.

2017 M3 ZCP
(#9)
Old

Default 10-29-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes I saw that blue one, 180mph I think? Insane! Can't wait to see how yours runs. Jesse @ Pure just got a TTRS also. Audi is taking over these events lol.
Hopefully NFZ in two weeks to get some early data!
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-29-2018, 08:10 AM

Had a lot of fun this weekend! Probably the most stressful SS event to date for me at least LOL.

I was racing the 135i, man this car is just way too violent. It's one scary car, not really easy to tame either. I need a new camera mount so I can mount it onto the roll cage, no good videos . I did a best of 165mph on mid boost.

I was only able to do 3 runs in it before Terry blew his tire unfortunately, crazy luck only started. I handed Terry the keys while I went to fix up the F90 M5. I get back and the intake manifold is blown I was really trying to hit 17x oh well!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
administartor

Car: F80 M3
Default 10-30-2018, 10:35 AM

I ran our 2016 Corvette Z06 with street tires, BMS drop in filter, E30 tuning, and a 2.3" pulley. Thing was a monster. Letting it cool down between runs helped quite a bit with this car. Best run of the day was 162.10 mph. I think I could have picked up a couple more miles an hour with better traction on the starts. We'll see at No Fly Zone.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 10-30-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
They are starting to take over… APR just posted they ran 9’s. Stock turbo stock drivetrain stock fueling. Hank did a 183 in a fully built setup, there was a stock motor stock trans car that did 175.xx that day too. I just jumped into an RS3, exciting times ahead for sure.

https://youtu.be/AR6mtCQVBhk

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-30-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
They are starting to take over… APR just posted they ran 9’s. Stock turbo stock drivetrain stock fueling. Hank did a 183 in a fully built setup, there was a stock motor stock trans car that did 175.xx that day too. I just jumped into an RS3, exciting times ahead for sure.

Yes RS3/TTRS is the next hot platform. I want one too

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Demigod

Default 10-30-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yes RS3/TTRS is the next hot platform. I want one too
Doooo it! You won’t be disappointed plus BMS could use another dev vehicle

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 10-31-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:

Gimme a couple weeks

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Terry said he's going to get the TTRS once the S4 lease is up. I hate the S4 lol.

I'm on a no more buying cars diet. 4 is enough right now LOL

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
On my to-do list once we get the S4 JB4 fully released is to make something for the RS3/TTRS that lets you switch to an analog 4bar boost sensor. Right now they are capped at 3bar.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Terry said he's going to get the TTRS once the S4 lease is up. I hate the S4 lol.

I'm on a no more buying cars diet. 4 is enough right now LOL
Yeah we've got to find somewhere else to store these things. My garage and Jon's is full too. The S4 isn't that bad, see a customer went 11.8 all stock JB4 only? Throw a big turbo on that. Might get in the 10s?

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
Demigod

Default 11-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah we've got to find somewhere else to store these things. My garage and Jon's is full too. The S4 isn't that bad, see a customer went 11.8 all stock JB4 only? Throw a big turbo on that. Might get in the 10s?

That’s not too bad. I was able to get some baseline runs on the rs3 with a dragy, only mods so far are bigger FMIC and a stg1 e70 flash. Not too shabby
Attached Images

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-02-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
On my to-do list once we get the S4 JB4 fully released is to make something for the RS3/TTRS that lets you switch to an analog 4bar boost sensor. Right now they are capped at 3bar.
Told you it was a good idea

Quote:
My issue isn't storage like you guys LMAO. We should see this weekend, I'm installing that PS2 on my cousins S4. Gotta get it ready for NFZ so we can line yours up with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Wink 11-03-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Let’s talk at NFZ...