N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 290K Miles ACF Top Mount SXE 362 Dyno Testing - 09-23-2017, 02:30 PM

You read that right! One of my personal cars is a 290k Mile e90 335i. I finally had some time on the dyno to dial it in and get it ready for a friend who wanted to purchase the car. I promised a turn-key 700whp to him, and we almost made it.
E30 blend with Methanol

Mods:
VM/ACF Top Mount Borg Warner SXE 362 .91AR JB
Phoenix Racing CP W/ Tial BOV
Phoenix Racing Intercooler
Spec Stage 3+ W/ Steel SMFW
BMS 4 Bar Map Sensor
BMS Meth kit W/ Custom 5gal tank
Twin CM10 Nozzle 100% Meth
Fuel-it Stage 1 LPFP

Tuning:
BMS JB4
MHD Flash with JB4 ST Back End

I got the car ready and slowly dialed it in without methanol. Map 3 @ 20PSI on E30 blend did 567whp 530wtq:

The logs looked really clean and I decided to turn it up with some methanol

Map 8 on a 50 additive made 680whp and 700wtq. It touched 30 psi and tapered down to 25 psi toward redline. I assume the turbo has a few more ponies in it, but probably maxed out. I stopped pushing it any further as I saw I was at the limits of fuel and started to have some timing drops in bank2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2017, 05:02 PM

Nice!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 09-24-2017, 08:02 AM

I read you were working on a single for the 535, how's that going?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-24-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
I read you were working on a single for the 535, how's that going?
Ac fabrication decided not to make kits because of the low demand. The 535 kit they made was a one time thing. Go with vargas GC if youre looking for power imho.

Burger Motorsports

(#5)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6MT
Default 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM

@payam did you have any problems with the fitment for the relocation of your p/s reservoir and coolant bottle? I also have the phoenix CP but with turbosmart diverter valves. and I just cant seem to fit the coolant bottle in there. do you have any other pics of the relocation?
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-28-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilly
@payam did you have any problems with the fitment for the relocation of your p/s reservoir and coolant bottle? I also have the phoenix CP but with turbosmart diverter valves. and I just cant seem to fit the coolant bottle in there. do you have any other pics of the relocation?
This is the best I have for now.

http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-Install-Guide

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 12-01-2017, 07:20 AM

Nice numbers Payam. Great car for 290k miles.
(#8)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 12-02-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Ac fabrication decided not to make kits because of the low demand. The 535 kit they made was a one time thing. Go with vargas GC if youre looking for power imho.
Ya, I figured it wasn't there,as I kept wondering if a 6k turbo kit is worth putting on when a set of 2k twins will do the trick.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 335i
Default 08-26-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
You read that right! One of my personal cars is a 290k Mile e90 335i. I finally had some time on the dyno to dial it in and get it ready for a friend who wanted to purchase the car. I promised a turn-key 700whp to him, and we almost made it.
E30 blend with Methanol

Mods:
VM/ACF Top Mount Borg Warner SXE 362 .91AR JB
Phoenix Racing CP W/ Tial BOV
Phoenix Racing Intercooler
Spec Stage 3+ W/ Steel SMFW
BMS 4 Bar Map Sensor
BMS Meth kit W/ Custom 5gal tank
Twin CM10 Nozzle 100% Meth
Fuel-it Stage 1 LPFP

Tuning:
BMS JB4
MHD Flash with JB4 ST Back End

I got the car ready and slowly dialed it in without methanol. Map 3 @ 20PSI on E30 blend did 567whp 530wtq:

The logs looked really clean and I decided to turn it up with some methanol

Map 8 on a 50 additive made 680whp and 700wtq. It touched 30 psi and tapered down to 25 psi toward redline. I assume the turbo has a few more ponies in it, but probably maxed out. I stopped pushing it any further as I saw I was at the limits of fuel and started to have some timing drops in bank2.

How did you keep this engine running to this mileage? What oil? Has there been an engine rebuild?
Would you choose the GC LITES over PURE for reliability?

mhd.dci.inlets.deepees.cp.pe mod.stage1 lpfp.e40.
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-27-2018, 09:19 AM

This wasn't my car from beginning to the end, but as far as I can tell this was original motor. Regular maintenance and good fuel will go a long way, of course make sure your tune is good as well.

GC and PS2 are both a great choice, you can't go wrong with either one IMO. We have them both actually! Our black 6MT e92 is Ps2 and the white 135 has built motor and GCs.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 08-30-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
This wasn't my car from beginning to the end, but as far as I can tell this was original motor. Regular maintenance and good fuel will go a long way, of course make sure your tune is good as well.

GC and PS2 are both a great choice, you can't go wrong with either one IMO. We have them both actually! Our black 6MT e92 is Ps2 and the white 135 has built motor and GCs.
I saw a video of your 830whp n54. Is this engine still running? If so...what oil do you use? And what is your oil change interval?

(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-30-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M62 to N54
I saw a video of your 830whp n54. Is this engine still running? If so...what oil do you use? And what is your oil change interval?
No, I blew that engine testing 40+psi lol. I don't have any specific oil, the cheapest one on sale at walmart at the time? LOL 10w30 full synthetic every 3k miles or 2 months at most since I use full e85.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 08-31-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
No, I blew that engine testing 40+psi lol. I don't have any specific oil, the cheapest one on sale at walmart at the time? LOL 10w30 full synthetic every 3k miles or 2 months at most since I use full e85.
Whenever I think that I am ready to upgrade my turbos, I get set back with repairs. This was a recent one. My crank tried to digest my serpentine belt. It required an oil pan drop and clean out. I had a few other maintenance items changed too. Motor mounts, belts, pulley, tensioner, OPG, etc.

Which items should I upgrade before having the PS2s installed? Are index 12 injectors necessary? My car is 09 335i n54.
Attached Images

Last edited by M62 to N54; 08-31-2018 at 05:44 AM..
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-31-2018, 09:29 AM

Ahhh dang, that is the worst. I know that feeling, happened to a close friend of mine we had to do the same exact thing.

I wouldn't change the injectors unless you need to, don't waste your money. Just make sure valve cover and little oil gaskets are good. You already did motor mounts so I think you should be good with turbo upgrade . Make sure you have the bolt on parts needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 10-10-2018, 09:10 PM

Payam

I'm working with a budget so I will be modding parts one at a time.* *I want to get my PS2s first cuz they are the most expensive and I want to get those off my list.* *Would there be bad effects from running PS2s without an FMIC upgrade?* Can I be safe if they a tuned to low boost until I can upgrade the FMIC and CP?

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Payam

I'm working with a budget so I will be modding parts one at a time.* *I want to get my PS2s first cuz they are the most expensive and I want to get those off my list.* *Would there be bad effects from running PS2s without an FMIC upgrade?* Can I be safe if they a tuned to low boost until I can upgrade the FMIC and CP?
That is fine, low boost is less heat.

Just make sure you get these when you are ready!

E series Race:
http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_135_...tercooler.html

Phoenix Racing CP Tial BOV combo:
http://www.burgertuning.com/phoenix_...argepipes.html

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 10-11-2018, 09:42 PM

I heard that bms does not ship to California addresses

(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I heard that bms does not ship to California addresses
For those two specific items, since they're not CARB legal you are correct. We are not able to ship those to CA, sorry.

Burger Motorsports