N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 2009 Auto No Boost Very Rich - 06-06-2019, 07:37 PM

Car is a 2009 Coupe automatic running full bolt ons, JB4 G5 with a BEF via MHD by Wedge Tuning, BMS/Fuel It, Port Injection, controller, twin in tank 450’s, E85, stock turbos with less than 10k miles on them, 84k miles on the car and so on. Car has ran and drove like a champ for weeks on end.

Over the course of the last two days that I was driving the vehicle it started to smoke a lot and smelled strongly of running rich of E85 so I parked it because I simply was unavailable due to work. So I got it out recently to run a data log and see it running rich on one bank and making zero boost.

I’ve used a smoke machine, pressurized the intake system and I’m unable to find the true source of the problem.

I’m just trying to determine what the datalog reflects as a possible issue if it’s based on being a leak and I’ve missed it, failed wastegate/vacuum solenoids, failed vacuum pump, faulty t-map sensor or what.

I’ve attached a log from JB4 mobile on Android.

EDIT: It’s never thrown a code this entire time and I’ve scanned anyways with no result.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-02 22_42_38_Gear-3_Map-7.csv (21.6 KB, 31 views)

2009 335i Automatic Coupe.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype007
Car is a 2009 Coupe automatic running full bolt ons, JB4 G5 with a BEF via MHD by Wedge Tuning, BMS/Fuel It, Port Injection, controller, twin in tank 450ís, E85, stock turbos with less than 10k miles on them, 84k miles on the car and so on. Car has ran and drove like a champ for weeks on end.

Over the course of the last two days that I was driving the vehicle it started to smoke a lot and smelled strongly of running rich of E85 so I parked it because I simply was unavailable due to work. So I got it out recently to run a data log and see it running rich on one bank and making zero boost.

Iíve used a smoke machine, pressurized the intake system and Iím unable to find the true source of the problem.

Iím just trying to determine what the datalog reflects as a possible issue if itís based on being a leak and Iíve missed it, failed wastegate/vacuum solenoids, failed vacuum pump, faulty t-map sensor or what.

Iíve attached a log from JB4 mobile on Android.

EDIT: Itís never thrown a code this entire time and Iíve scanned anyways with no result.
FF & WGDC basically maxed...

Any odd noises?

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
FF & WGDC basically maxed...

Any odd noises?
The only noise Iíve noticed is the BOV is extremely high pitched sounding now like itís under a lot of pressure, yet that is the opposite of the situation.

Iím pulling everything back apart of the car to go over it all piece by piece again.

(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-11-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
The only noise Iíve noticed is the BOV is extremely high pitched sounding now like itís under a lot of pressure, yet that is the opposite of the situation.

Iím pulling everything back apart of the car to go over it all piece by piece again.
Best of luck - keep us posted.

Maybe grab a friend to help- sometimes getting a second set of eyes on the tear down helps / sees something you missed

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
(#5)
Old

Default 06-12-2019, 01:20 PM

I would upload a picture of my findings so far, but it says the attachment file is too large. Anyways the gasket for cylinder 6 on the port injection plate was broken.

Going to continue to check everything else though while itís apart.

(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I would upload a picture of my findings so far, but it says the attachment file is too large. Anyways the gasket for cylinder 6 on the port injection plate was broken.

Going to continue to check everything else though while itís apart.

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062