N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default Help! MHD+JB4 Map7 Logs 👉**** Show - 05-08-2019, 05:33 AM

Hey Gang!

I hope to get some guidance on my Post-MHD/JB4BEF Settings I just MHD flashed my b58 with a JB4 BEF (ver.58/13/5 -- Map 7) and also flashed the TCU with x-hp (Stage 3).

I must be having substantial issues with my WMI and User-adjustable settings because I am experiencing the following:
  • Both transient & WOT are jerky—feels like throttle closures and I can hear the BOV opening when it happens.
  • Meth initiation is not consistent—sometimes it comes in on the gear (2nd) that I start logging, sometimes it doesn’t.
  • I can't maintain target boost
  • AFRs are dropping enough to sometimes trigger a 118002 error "Mixture too rich"
  • Overall, the car feels just as powerful and smooth as it did before the MHD

FYI:
  • I live in Denver (5,500’ altitude)
  • These issues were not nearly as noticeable before switching to the MHD flash.
  • I have posted 3 WOT logs and 2 Transient Throttle Logs—both conditions are having the same issues but throttle closures are much more apparent on Transient...

2016 340i xDrive M sport Auto with 15K miles. MODS BELOW:
  • MHD & JB4 BEF (Map 7)
  • x-hp TCU FLash (Stage 3)
  • Running e40 (Verified) fuel
  • VRSF ***-less **
  • M Sport exhaust
  • Agency Power intake
  • BMS Stealth Meth kit (100% Meth —> DUAL BM7 Nozzles)
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 05-08-2019, 05:49 AM

Your fuel trims are high and meth isn't kicking on you can only see it pushing 50% halfway through your first log. It should be 100% during WOT.

Did you just install this kit? Recheck everything or it can possibly be a bad FSB. Prime the pump with the app?

Also post your logs in the BEF thread or email them directly to Terry for now: B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#3)
Old
Established but no O.G.

Car: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M-Sport
Default 05-08-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Your fuel trims are high and meth isn't kicking on you can only see it pushing 50% halfway through your first log. It should be 100% during WOT.

Did you just install this kit? Recheck everything or it can possibly be a bad FSB. Prime the pump with the app?

Also post your logs in the BEF thread or email them directly to Terry for now: B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
____

RE: Fuel Trims: I see that but I'm not sure how to adjust the settings to lower them and think I need to sort the meth out before I start applying

Re: Meth not kicking in: I've noticed that and think it is pretty weird; the system has been installed for ~9 months and works perfectly [just tested the whole thing].

I will post the logs there now, probably more effective than just emailing to Terry.

Thanks
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2019, 09:18 AM

Don't need the threads doubled up. Removed this one as you posted in the B58 flash thread already.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Closed Thread