N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: '18 F36 440i
Default Bluetooth Connectivity/Codes: 121002/120408 - 04-24-2019, 11:26 AM

First and foremost, long time supporter and user of Terry's products. I've used them on my past 3 cars with nothing but great things to say. Now that's out of the way...Haha

I've searched the forums/install/troubleshooting guides.

Car is a 2018, B58 440i Gran Coupe and it's been tuned since November '18 with zero issues until recently (past week).

Here are the issues:
  • Mobile App Connectivity = Spotty, sometimes fully functional other times it states "connected" but no gauge readings
  • Difficult to replicate faults and log as the app doesn't full connect and/or the reduced power mode happens so sporadically
  • Sporadic Codes/Drive train & MAP sensor faults (at cruising, not WOT):
  • 108005 No Description Found
  • 121002 MAP Sensor, short to ground
  • 120408 Reduced Power Mode

What I've done:
  • Updated firmware to most recent release
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled JB4
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled JB4 Mobile App

The JB4 came with the Bluetooth adaptor installed, so when reading about repositioning the ground wire - Didn't seem applicable?

Appreciate your help and all that you guys do for the community!

Thanks
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM

Maybe water damage on the JB4 board or blue tooth if it's been fine and suddenly acting up? You can open the enclosure and check everything out.

JB4 Mobile How To - YouTube

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.