N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs400newbie
Okay, Iím done installing the hardware, boost juice in hand and in tank. All systems looks like itís a go. So basically, I just turn on map8, purge, anything else I need to do after that?
Did you input the WMI settings? Scaling, start psi?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 03-27-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Did you input the WMI settings? Scaling, start psi?
Thank you guys for being patient with a newbie. I have read the install instructions several times, just wanna make sure I get it right.

So it says to set Boost Additive to 40. Signal Scaling to 60.

Other parameters on the wmi do I need to touch?
Min Flow Boost (psi)
External Trigger
Ethanol Setup

And I am guessing to use the Meth gauge on the Jb4 app?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rs400newbie; 03-27-2019 at 06:20 PM..
(#53)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-28-2019, 04:32 PM

I'm about ready too. Everything is installed under the hood including the pump. Just need to run the lines and install the fittings. I've got the 60/40 setting and adjust WMI to kick in at 2500. Dry priming works so I know everything electrical is correct.
(#54)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I'm about ready too. Everything is installed under the hood including the pump. Just need to run the lines and install the fittings. I've got the 60/40 setting and adjust WMI to kick in at 2500. Dry priming works so I know everything electrical is correct.
I only added the 40/60. Don’t wanna play with other settings yet. I am loving it. The car just pulls. I can feel the car squat at 50mph. I’ll post up some pics tonight. Still would be nice if my questions above gets answered.
(#55)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 05:09 PM

Get a log up too! Would like to see how much added boost is commanded over the curve.
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 06:29 PM

+1 on logs FTW

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
+1 on logs FTW
Best I could do for now in traffic. Also, is there a way for the JB4 app to make the parameter gauge "Meth" slowly fade like how "Boost" fades? It goes to 100 so fast.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 19_00_11_Map-8 (RS).csv (5.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 18_59_36_Map-8 (RS).csv (5.1 KB, 14 views)
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-28-2019, 08:32 PM

Too short, lets see some longer logs!

On gauge not a bad idea ask in the JB4 mobile forum, Donnie who manages the app can chime in on the idea.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Default 03-28-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Too short, lets see some longer logs!

On gauge not a bad idea ask in the JB4 mobile forum, Donnie who manages the app can chime in on the idea.
I hope this is a bit longer than the other ones, still a lot of traffic. I would prefer the injection to start maybe at 40mph.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 22_23_24_Map-8 (RS).csv (21.4 KB, 17 views)
(#60)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 04:54 AM

Terry, on the red 12V source wire to the FSB, does it need to go to switched 12V or is constant 12V ok? I.e. will it draw current with the car off?
(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Terry, on the red 12V source wire to the FSB, does it need to go to switched 12V or is constant 12V ok? I.e. will it draw current with the car off?
Needs to be switched. It won't draw much much current but if something goes wrong with the electronics you don't want it pumping meth when you're not around.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
I hope this is a bit longer than the other ones, still a lot of traffic. I would prefer the injection to start maybe at 40mph.
On the WMI page your min psi is set to 0 so it's removed from the equation. Raise that to 10psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Needs to be switched. It won't draw much much current but if something goes wrong with the electronics you don't want it pumping meth when you're not around.
Read my mind.
(#64)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Read my mind.
Let me just share my experience these past 2 days...there are two blank ports on the kick panel fuse box. I used the one on the first row and found out it is always powered. I noticed the car would not start as snappy as before so I tested the blank ports. I donít know how much draw the fsb takes but it certainly affected the battery. I ended up using the power socket fuse as pictured in the first page.
(#65)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
On the WMI page your min psi is set to 0 so it's removed from the equation. Raise that to 10psi.
Thank you. Oh by the way, as I was trying to get this log, a loud f150 lighting pulls next to me. He got me on the jump but as soon as I got full traction he looked like he was parked. I probably would have still beat him without meth, he was just at the wrong place and time.
(#66)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Let me just share my experience these past 2 days...there are two blank ports on the kick panel fuse box. I used the one on the first row and found out it is always powered. I noticed the car would not start as snappy as before so I tested the blank ports. I don’t know how much draw the fsb takes but it certainly affected the battery. I ended up using the power socket fuse as pictured in the first page.
Been all over under the hood and everything is constant 12v lol. What a pita. Guess I'll try that same spot.

Also...found my new WMI injection spot too!
(#67)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Been all over under the hood and everything is constant 12v lol. What a pita. Guess I'll try that same spot.

Also...found my new WMI injection spot too!
Oh I wanna see that spot once you gets yours up and running! Iím really loving the car now.
(#68)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Oh I wanna see that spot once you gets yours up and running! Iím really loving the car now.
Just did a roll race and dig race against my cammed LS6 Z28. Went 1 and 1. Was on map 6. The Q50 is a real street fighter. Ill post up some pics once I get the couplers in.
(#69)
Old

Default 03-29-2019, 09:13 PM

Just a thought. Keep the WMI integration in the JB4 platform.
(#70)
Old

Default 03-30-2019, 09:04 PM

Terry, how can I lower the low boost and high boost in map8. Or are we not ready to customize our settings yet Thanks.
(#71)
Old

Car: 2016 q50 vr30
Default 03-30-2019, 11:06 PM

Ddn where did you end up going with the injection? post intercooler pre throttle body?
(#72)
Old

Default 03-30-2019, 11:49 PM

Some install pics on a Q50... Q50 wmi pics - Google Drive
(#73)
Old

Default 03-31-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjhouse
Ddn where did you end up going with the injection? post intercooler pre throttle body?
Yup. Bought 2 replacement couplers and going to fit the nozzles in some coupler bungs.
(#74)
Old

Default 04-01-2019, 10:32 AM

Question- The instructions talk about a filter from the pump to the solenoid. I didn't see one, is it built into the fittings of the solenoid?
(#75)
Old

Default 04-03-2019, 08:52 AM

Terry, can you please take a look and see if anything is not quite right. Map8. Wmi 40/60/10. Also, boost by gear not seem to be affecting this, 1st 3.0, 2nd 2.0.

Car feels amazing. Thanks for all the work.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-02 21_53_13_Map-8 (RS).csv (13.9 KB, 17 views)