N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2951)
Old

Car: 135i
Default First Log - Over-boost issues - 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM

I am having overboots issues. I have a a black spring (8.7 psi) in by Tial for my waste gate springs. On MAP 1 I am hitting a high of 24psi during partial throttle. Do I need to adjust anything in menu 11&12? I have read a few threads that have mentioned it, but what to adjust if so?

It may be something else. I am also getting a 2c24 code. I haven't tried to switch the NEW o2 sensors around, which could mean this may be causing problems to.

First log ST.csv
(#2952)
Old

Car: 2013 135i
Default 01-13-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigs135
I am having overboots issues. I have a a black spring (8.7 psi) in by Tial for my waste gate springs. On MAP 1 I am hitting a high of 24psi during partial throttle. Do I need to adjust anything in menu 11&12? I have read a few threads that have mentioned it, but what to adjust if so?

It may be something else. I am also getting a 2c24 code. I haven't tried to switch the NEW o2 sensors around, which could mean this may be causing problems to.

Attachment 82684
Did you flash your jb4 with the single turbo.hex ? I have the same spring in my waste gates and I get 11psi in map 1
(#2953)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 01-13-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Attachment 82684
Check your vacuum lines, also that's not a very good log, you need a third gear pull from 2k-7k.

Last edited by Deen@StreetKingImports; 01-13-2019 at 08:52 PM..
(#2954)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-14-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Attachment 82684
Replied to your email, check vacuum lines going to WG and make sure your WG has other ports plugged.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2955)
Old

Car: 135i
Default First Log - Over-boost issues - 01-15-2019, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Check your vacuum lines, also that's not a very good log, you need a third gear pull from 2k-7k.
Well, I can't really even go to as high as 5k because I am over boosting out of control under partial throttle. So what do you suggest for this scenario?
(#2956)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 02-07-2019, 07:24 PM

what are some of the common pluming issues you guys have found when having over boost in map 1? downloaded newest mac hex and did the e85 TS ST BEF for my doc 6266. quadruple checked the lines that both top ports are tee'd into port 2 and both bottom are tee'd into each other then tee'd into port one and the compressor. I have the green and white springs installed for 11.6 psi and all the air ports blocked.I have tried unplugging the mac solenoid to eliminate any electrical issues. Do you have to have port 3 vented to atmosphere or can you keep the cap on it? thanks
(#2957)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 02-08-2019, 04:53 AM

New to the single turbo world as of two weeks . Have a question in regards to the latest firmware. Does my clutch wire need to be pulled out ?

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#2958)
Old

Car: '09 335i sedan 6MT
Default 02-14-2019, 08:18 AM

Been a while since I checked this thread, I'm currently running the N54_G5_MAC_135_T4 test firmware for antilag/2step integration

What's the difference between that and the most recent T5 firmware?

N54 6MT Doc Race 6266 E85 PI
WARNING: car may explode I tuned it myself
(#2959)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

A few things on the single turbo front.

We've partnered up with MHD to reprogram back end flash maps loaded via MHD to disable the 30FE false alarm code, which allows us to provide more dynamic part throttle boost control in single turbo applications. We've got a test version of the MHD software but need a couple cars who regularly trigger 30FE at part throttle to help us verify its working as it should be before we redo the JB4 ST MHD back end flash maps.

On another front, we made an interesting discovery that we believe will lead to dramatically improve manual transmission shift response in single turbo applications. Essentially, if the DME does not see the clutch press in during a shift, it appears not to trigger any torque limiters. We are getting scary hard shifts in our development 335. Completely awesome. We plan to use the JB4 to dynamically shield the clutch information from the DME. But before we fully develop that we need a few customers who have bad MT shift lag to do a little experiment for us. You'll load special JB4 firmware, pull the clutch wire out in the DME connector, set a FutureUseD bit on letting the JB4 know to enable the new logic, and log a few fast shifts, so we can ensure this solution seems likely to work in all applications. Once we have that data we'll get to work setting this up in the JB4 so it intercepts/alters the clutch signal dynamically.
Has this change been implemented in the latest and greatest software. I reinstalled clutch wire when I did my ST install and major bog or lag between shifts. I turned the meth algorithm on in FUD and pulled clutch wire back out. Helped out in the shifts but when I'm just going down the road and I shift , it seems like there is a delay in blowoff valve .

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#2960)
Old

Default 02-20-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
v13_5 firmware

Added anti-bog logic selectable with FUD.4 and pulling clutch wire. Details here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52657

T1) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map1 (WG spring) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T1) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!
I guess I just found my,answer

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#2961)
Old

Car: E92
Default 02-23-2019, 03:09 PM

First off I'm new member and new to the single turbo N54 world. I appreciate all the knowledge that is provided here, the support on this platform is truly amazing. I purchased a 08 E92 over a year ago with the plans of getting to this point and this particular forum, the Single Turbo setup that is. now that im here I in need of some advice or plsible direction.

My car, E92 with a spec2+ and aluminum smfw. I have a single walbro 450 in the tank currently and a e60-70 mix. Installed PR coils. JB4 and MHD ST E85 BEF. I just finished installing a on3 kit with there GT35 journal bearing. I measured the intake and exhaust side and both were 62mm so I guess that makes it a 6262 . There kit came with a 7lb spring , I have a 12lb on order.

I put about 500 miles on just the wastegate spring to let it all break in on map 1. Verified the plumbing is on the mac solenoid is correct . I final found time in the morning to get a few logs in on map2 . I hit 17psi but the boost takes a dive almost instantly to 10 psi each and every time. Would this be a wastegate spring problem . I trying to get to the bottom of this . If someone could take a look at this log and chime in I would really appreciate it. I attached the best log from 3rd to 4th
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2 22 19.csv (12.2 KB, 35 views)
(#2962)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-23-2019, 05:53 PM

Check ur meth settings.... looks like u have on some options u dont need
(#2963)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 07:05 PM

meth settings are all at 0 on this log
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2 22 19 a.csv (10.3 KB, 38 views)
(#2964)
Old

Car: 335i N54 2008
Default Single Turbo oil return - 03-12-2019, 10:27 PM

hi guys

it seems that my return hose has collapsed in to a 90 degree angle and oil is having trouble returning to the oil pan, this causes the turbo to smoke

im looking to replace the hose.. any one know the diameter size?

appreciate it

2008 335i N54 FFtech Top Mount single turbo Precision 5862
JB4 G5 , VRSF 7" FMIC , VRSF CP + HKS BOV, Tial Wastegates
BMS METH KIT IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMP PI WITH 1055CC INJECTORS, PURE M1 METH,TMAP 3.5,
FUEL-IT STAGE2 BUCKETLESS LPFP, RB PCV. CUSTOM TUNE, xHP Stage2 v1.5
more to come...
(#2965)
Old

Default 03-24-2019, 06:15 AM

Hi,
Does anyone install the motiv flex fuel box with Jb4 PI controller???
(#2966)
Old

Car: n54
Default 03-26-2019, 12:35 AM

Hiya team,

I'm having a few issues with the JB4 g5 / Mac solenoid. The car (335i N54) is currently at a garage getting a single turbo kit installed. We've been testing the Mac solenoid but don't seem to have any luck activating it. we've found the following:

- Both solenoid connectors have a constant 12v feed to one wire. The second wire, on both connectors, only has 5v running to it. When pushing the throttle down (ignition on) the 5v line doesn't seem to be decreasing / grounding out.

- We noticed, on the JB4 app, that the throttle reading is only showing at "9" constantly no matter what the throttle position is at.

- WGDC remains at "0" at all times, throttle response (ignition on) doesn't change the value.

- We found the target seems to be fluctuating (as normal)

Please help ��.

Kind Regards
Gurdeep Singh
(#2967)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-26-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdz_tp
Hiya team,

I'm having a few issues with the JB4 g5 / Mac solenoid. The car (335i N54) is currently at a garage getting a single turbo kit installed. We've been testing the Mac solenoid but don't seem to have any luck activating it. we've found the following:

- Both solenoid connectors have a constant 12v feed to one wire. The second wire, on both connectors, only has 5v running to it. When pushing the throttle down (ignition on) the 5v line doesn't seem to be decreasing / grounding out.

- We noticed, on the JB4 app, that the throttle reading is only showing at "9" constantly no matter what the throttle position is at.

- WGDC remains at "0" at all times, throttle response (ignition on) doesn't change the value.

- We found the target seems to be fluctuating (as normal)

Please help ��.

Kind Regards
Gurdeep Singh
You're on Single turbo firmware for the JB4, right?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2968)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-29-2019, 09:23 PM

T6) Added rolling anti-lag integration based on brake pedal input. For full effect need anti-lag kit + 2step installed/enabled.

For testing purposes. So far so good though.

Burger Motorsports

(#2969)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 09:10 PM

How should I go about using a JB4 Bef on full e85 while maintaining my aics port injection controller?
Which BEF map should I choose?

I'm on a custom tune now.
However all the issues I'm having with revisions being worse and worse is pretty much putting me to the edge of burning the car down, or trying a jb4 BEF, instead of being solely flash only.
(#2970)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM

v13_6 firmware:

1) Further integrated rolling anti-lag and 2STEP operation. By default both systems are independent. 2STEP is active from a stop and anti-lag is active (via volume down or brake pedal) from a rolling start. To enable the integration turn on WMI/Ethanol bit3 (mislabeled "DTML WMI Input"). Once enabled anti-lag will kick on when running 2STEP and 2STEP will kick on during rolling anti-lag. Note latest BEF maps have anti-lag timing (under IAT tables) set to -36 degrees. If you're not using one of our files make sure your flash tuner customizes your file for this change for optimal anti-lag performance.

Still sort of new so lets see some logs and videos to ensure it's working properly!

Video of a test run today on Payam's single turbo:

Burger Motorsports

(#2971)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 04-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
v13_6 firmware:

1) Further integrated rolling anti-lag and 2STEP operation. By default both systems are independent. 2STEP is active from a stop and anti-lag is active (via volume down or brake pedal) from a rolling start. To enable the integration turn on WMI/Ethanol bit3 (mislabeled "DTML WMI Input"). Once enabled anti-lag will kick on when running 2STEP and 2STEP will kick on during rolling anti-lag. Note latest BEF maps have anti-lag timing (under IAT tables) set to -36 degrees. If you're not using one of our files make sure your flash tuner customizes your file for this change for optimal anti-lag performance.

Still sort of new so lets see some logs and videos to ensure it's working properly!

Video of a test run today on Payam's single turbo:
Does this change anything for users that already have both wired up and active?
(#2972)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 04-15-2019, 08:47 PM

Is there a way to go back to Twin turbo firmware?

I had the single on the JB4, but now when I go to upload the twin firmware, it just gives an error...
(#2973)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 09:26 AM

v136_T1) Fixed possible bug with code reading.
v136_T1) Added new safety on low fuel pressure, will revert to map1 if low fuel pressure drops below 50psi at full throttle.

Burger Motorsports

(#2974)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyab00sta
Does this change anything for users that already have both wired up and active?
They are now integrated if you check off on the option to integrate them on the WMI page as documented.

Burger Motorsports

(#2975)
Old

Default 04-25-2019, 06:01 PM

So I have been sticking with map 2 and a E60 +/- mix. The plan was and is to get PI and get some more boost. Unfortunately I had a injector go bad, so I finally took a good look at mine and I had four index 5 and two index 9, so I replaced all six with new index 12. Along with a few other unexpected expenses PI is delayed for a few months. I still would like to get a bit more then map 2 has to offer so I been looking at my current setup. I am running meth with a single CM10 in the charge pipe. Would map 8 be a better option for me ? Is there any info on setting it up or do I just set my boost safety and go. Been looking into it but not to much map 8 info out there.