N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Administrator

Default N54 N55 diagnostic code listing - 09-23-2008, 08:24 PM

Hi guys, just a quick reminder that if you need BMS technical support and purchased your product new from BMS or an authorized reseller you can also use our email support by emailing support@burgertuning.com.

For troubleshooting codes:

Code listing for N54 engines

Code listing for N55 & MINI engines

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2014, 08:32 PM

Directions for reading codes in dash using an E series JB4

To read codes via the in dash commands select menu 1 option 1 via your steering wheel controls.

1) The blinkers will flash twice and the speedo will move to indicate how many codes are stored.

2) The speedo will return to zero and begin reading out the codes. Each is a 4 digit number. Note the position of the speedo and reference the photo below to convert them to 0-9 and A-F code numbers. Those numbers can then be searched on this forum.

3) Each code will be followed by two flashes of the blinkers.

4) At the conclusion of the reading the blinkers will flash four times.

5) If the blinkers flash twice, then four times, with nothing in between, you have no stored codes.

Alternatively you can also read codes via the JB4 interface which will conveniently list the descriptions as well.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 05-29-2016, 04:38 PM

The F series jb4 OBD2 is able to read and clear all codes an obd2 scanner is able to right?
I'm just checking as my local tuner recommends a code scanner for ses codes, or maintenance codes the jb4 "cannot" read, or resetting service codes like oil change.

Not sure if that's legit interms of not being able to read all codes seeing that the jb4 connects via obd2 like the code scanner, but what about clearing codes?

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2016, 04:52 PM

JB4 reads/clears any DME faults.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i n55 2011
Default 06-22-2016, 07:48 AM

I JON I DOWNLOAD THE CODE LIST FOR N55 IT'S TOO SMALL CAN YOU HELP ME OR SEND ME THE LISTING.

2C58 No Description Found
2C6F No Description Found
36C9 No Description Found
2C57 Reduced power mode / Boost disabled
3106 ******* ******** Installed
0000 No Description Found

THANK.
(#6)
Old

Car: 08 sgm 135i
Default 06-23-2016, 02:42 PM

Need some code help. I have a '13 X1 35i. With jb4, intake and chargepipe running 25% e85 mix on map5. Today I went full throttle (seemed to over boost) and they the check engine like came on and I can only max boost to 7 psi. The code is reading 2e0f. Any thoughts? Everything sounds and looks right.
(#7)
Old

Car: 08 sgm 135i
Default 06-24-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp89
Need some code help. I have a '13 X1 35i. With jb4, intake and chargepipe running 25% e85 mix on map5. Today I went full throttle (seemed to over boost) and they the check engine like came on and I can only max boost to 7 psi. The code is reading 2e0f. Any thoughts? Everything sounds and looks right.
I went down to map2 and it's not doing it now. Could it be an over boosting issue with the autotuning map?
(#8)
Old

Car: 135i
Question Fault Codes 310 & 2CA - 11-12-2016, 09:38 AM

Hi,

Cannot find meaning for these two JB4 codes (310 & 2CA) for a 2009 135i.

Any help will be appreciated.
(#9)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 12-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloked97one
I JON I DOWNLOAD THE CODE LIST FOR N55 IT'S TOO SMALL CAN YOU HELP ME OR SEND ME THE LISTING.

2C58 No Description Found
2C6F No Description Found
36C9 No Description Found
2C57 Reduced power mode / Boost disabled
3106 ******* ******** Installed

THANK.
You can zoom in, or use the PDF search function and type in the codes directly. Ctrl F and search.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#10)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-19-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Directions for reading codes in dash using an E series JB4

To read codes via the in dash commands select menu 1 option 1 via your steering wheel controls.

1) The blinkers will flash twice and the speedo will move to indicate how many codes are stored.

2) The speedo will return to zero and begin reading out the codes. Each is a 4 digit number. Note the position of the speedo and reference the photo below to convert them to 0-9 and A-F code numbers. Those numbers can then be searched on this forum.

3) Each code will be followed by two flashes of the blinkers.

4) At the conclusion of the reading the blinkers will flash four times.

5) If the blinkers flash twice, then four times, with nothing in between, you have no stored codes.

Alternatively you can also read codes via the JB4 interface which will conveniently list the descriptions as well.
Terry,

How do you read codes when the speedo is in kph?

Thank you.
(#11)
Old

Car: E92 335i XDrive MSport Coupe
Default 07-10-2018, 06:40 PM

Driving today out of nowhere i get christmas light on the dash my radio navigation screen goes black my wipers turn on signal stays on...steering wheel is still responsive as well as brakes as normal and at the end of it all i get a coolant temperature symbol on my dash i pulled over shut the car off turned it back on and everything appeared to be normal but the jb4 pulled all these codes can someone help...i checked my coolant level it was fine my waterpump was running i tested it with the bleed procedure and even my charging system light went on but when i restarted the car it went away and hasnt come back on battery voltage has been going between 13.8 and 14.3 volts so all appears normal i just dont know what to make of all these codes the jb4 app gave me.

32d5
32d7
32d6
32d3
378f
00f1

All have no description next to them pleae help
Could a short circuit in the jb4 due to loose or dirty connection cause these issues? A lot of the codes dont even exist in the list for the n55 and the ones that do exist for the e92 n55 are for waterpump and battery voltage which after checking seem to be running fine. No lights voltage is where it should be waterpump is running fine thermostat is opening and closing. I just dont see how all these issues can occur out of nowhere when i have a less then 5k waterpump thermostat and battery on the car. Alternator and belt is new.

E92 LCI, N55, JB4, MHD W/BEF, CAI