N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default BMS N54 / N55 / Diesel Meth Kits - 05-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Hey guys,

The WW kit has been released! Simply the easiest and most cost effective way to take advantage of all methanol injection has to offer. I'll update this post with details, a FAQ, and addl information as needed. The WW kit price is $479 and includes everything you need including the pump, bracket, line, fittings, CM10 nozzle, solenoid, FSB electronics, wiring, etc. It installs in minutes, is fully reversible, and keeps your windshield wipers fully functional. This kit is ideal for 33-50% methanol mixtures. For strong mixtures or in very hot climates you'll want to use one of our trunk mount kits instead.

Click here for order info and prices.

The kits are available for the N54 or N55 motors.

The first step is mounting the nozzle.

For the N54:

For 2007-2008 models you can use our replacement meth elbow: http://burgertuning.com/meth_elbow_bms.html
All N54 models can also use our stronger and higher flow N54 charge pipe w/ meth bung which mates to your original style diverter valves: http://www.burgertuning.com/chargepipe_N54_BMW.html
For N54s planning to run higher boost levels we strongly suggest our N54 chargepipe with Tial BOV w/ meth bung: http://burgertuning.com/BOV_Kit_135_335_BMW.html

For the N55:

You'll need our stronger and higher flowing N55 BMS chargepipe w/ meth bung: http://www.burgertuning.com/chargepipe_N55_BMW.html

For BMW diesel motors we don't offer a chargepipe or methanol mount so you will need to drill and tap your original plastic chargepipe with a 1/8" NPT tap kit.

For support or installation related questions email us @ terry@burgertuning.com. Alternatively if you'd like public forum support feel free to take advantage of our support forum. To avoid clutter support requests made to this thread will be moved or deleted.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2011, 06:35 PM

I want it :D

(#3)
Old

Default 05-07-2011, 06:41 PM

Is this kit going to come out for sure? If it is im going to wait for it, if not im going to get the CM Pro tank.

(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 06:54 PM

Normally our products start as Jason, Jon or I playing around with something until we feel it's to the point that its both functional and fits some need within the market. A quick install meth kit is a need. Is this concept functional? Too early to tell. Still in the playing around with it phase.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: M3
Default 05-07-2011, 07:05 PM

Any idea what the activation fee might be?

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 07:06 PM

LOL we're going to a per use charge. You enter your credit card info in the interface and it charges you $1 per minute of wide open throttle. $2 if you're roaming more than 60 miles from your house.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Super Demigod

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Don't forget the $295 VIN unlock fee!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#8)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 05-07-2011, 07:15 PM

lol thats a good one!
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 07:21 PM

For those of you with a 135i we may resurrect our old quick mount. Never bothered making a production quality version but it worked really well in testing. Attaches to the OEM chargepipe in place of the useless air horn. 5 min install tops.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-07-2011, 07:58 PM

All great ideas, now we just need to get the tank into the engine bay as well!!!!!
(#11)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 05-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Nice T.
You don't have the pressure losses from 10-12' of tubing @ 250psi.
Was wondering about losing prime on the pump if it's too high above the tank?
I just bent up a bracket to hang the pump just behind the FMIC. Obviously not a 5 minute install.
(#12)
Old
Joose Bocks

Car: 135, AT, JB3, DCI...
Default 05-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Replacing the air horn garbage thing with a meth injection point is a great idea. I think that would save people a lot of money, no need to buy chargepipe if all you want is meth.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom
Nice T.
You don't have the pressure losses from 10-12' of tubing @ 250psi.
Was wondering about losing prime on the pump if it's too high above the tank?
I just bent up a bracket to hang the pump just behind the FMIC. Obviously not a 5 minute install.
The priming may be an issue. Another forum member also tried an engine bay mount setup and had problems with vapor lock at higher meth concentrations, so that has to be evaluated as well. Fortunately it's starting to heat up around here so I should know more on both soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: e90
Default 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM

I'd definitely buy one.
(#15)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
Funny Ive been running a similar setup for almost 2 years, shiv releases on his pwm emgine mount now and now this??? You guys are all copy cats lol
Mike posted a thread on e90post along time ago and said they were going to do this. Either way, one should be made for jb4 users.

(#16)
Old

Car: 335i -07 MT
Default 05-08-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The priming may be an issue. Another forum member also tried an engine bay mount setup and had problems with vapor lock at higher meth concentrations, so that has to be evaluated as well. Fortunately it's starting to heat up around here so I should know more on both soon.
A solenoid instead of a checkvalve should take care of priming issues. But there is always a risk the pump will be more ore less drained when not used for a while, which may cause a significant delay for the first meth-shoot. It is also important that the tune monitors meth flow before enabling N2O.
(#17)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
Ummm my comment was meant to be a joke lol

(#18)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 05-08-2011, 10:11 AM

T,
How stout is that area? What material thickness will you use for the bracket?
(#19)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
Default 05-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Where is the tank gonna be?

E92 335i Crimson Red|JB3 2.0|Stett Intercooler W/N2o Bung|AFE DCI|Stett Charge pipe W/Meth Bungs|Synapse BOV|Devil's Own Stage1 Kit|Dynotune N2o Stage1 Kit W/Progressive controller & NX noid|ATI Gauge Pod|VEI Boost,A/F Gauge|Cyba Scoops|RR OCC|19" M6 Reps|Aero Lip|Color Matched Grills|Eibach Pro kit|Momo Knob|M3 Spoiler|Carbon8 PD Hood|Vynil Roof|Shadowline Trim|ACS Roof Spoiler|Carbon Interior|MFD M3 skirts|Raceland **|BMS V3 ** Fix|Magnaflow Race exhaust|
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedevil335
T,
How stout is that area? What material thickness will you use for the bracket?
Seems stout. No idea on the bracket, I'd have a bracket professional design that part if we like the location.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM

Why not use SS line and tie in the AC compressor somehow?

(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Got a high speed solenoid here as well. So we can test PWM pump vs. PWM solenoid vs. PWM both!

Our current kits are all PWM kits but maybe this market needs DOUBLE-PWM! BAM!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Got a high speed solenoid here as well. So we can test PWM pump vs. PWM solenoid vs. PWM both!

Our current kits are all PWM kits but maybe this market needs DOUBLE-PWM! BAM!
Wait was that sarcasm? I didnt think you sold any PWM kits?

(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2011, 04:56 PM

All of our kits are PWM kits actually. We used to carry a non-PWM kit (basic on/off switch for the pump) but dropped it awhile back. A PWM kit is one that uses a PWM based progressive controller. I think Aquamist and now by reselling their parts Vishnu tried to hijack that acronym to represent PWM solenoid vs. PWM pump.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 05-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
All of our kits are PWM kits actually. We used to carry a non-PWM kit but dropped it awhile back. A PWM kit is one that uses a PWM based progressive controller. I think Aquamist and now by reselling their parts Vishnu tried to hijack that acronym to represent PWM solenoid vs. PWM pump.
Oh okay, I just had it mixed up. I always thought the coolingmist kits were just called progressive kits.