N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 340i RWD
Default 1f035c Drivetrain Error - Map 3 - 03-20-2019, 04:44 AM

I asked in a different subforum, but it wasn't for the B58. I have gotten this error three times already. Every time it is from hard acceleration in first from a stop. The car gives a "Drivetrain Error" issue on the screen and goes completely limp. Zero power, zero acceleration. Not even coasting speed. Nada. Have to turn off the car (usually in traffic) and restart in order for it to drive normal again. Car was in Sport mode, and has an agency power intake and vrsf catted downP. Map 3

Every time, it feels as if the traction control kicks in right before. In another thread, someone tracked down the code to being linked to an Acceleration Sensor. "Drive, safety function: maximum vehicle acceleration exceeded"

Has there been a fix to this? Is the only way to really fix this is to change the boost in first to something lower?
(#2)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 03-20-2019, 08:44 AM

It's sudden boost and torque that causes this from what i am guessing. This has only happen to me twice on Map 7 with 20-21 psi. You can probably set a max boost on first and second gear or dial in Map 6 which is a smoother map or the best thing would be to wait for the back end flash from MHD and hopefully all these little glitches will get tweaked around.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#3)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 03-24-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
It's sudden boost and torque that causes this from what i am guessing. This has only happen to me twice on Map 7 with 20-21 psi. You can probably set a max boost on first and second gear or dial in Map 6 which is a smoother map or the best thing would be to wait for the back end flash from MHD and hopefully all these little glitches will get tweaked around.
Exactly... limit boost in 1st to 12psi and second to 14psi. Then retest. If you find no errors you can edge it up one by one until you hit the limit. Then just back it down 1. This will make the care more manageable anyway as 1st and 2nd get really wild at higher boost levels. lol.
(#4)
Old

Default 03-25-2019, 04:40 AM

Ok, I'll try that. how do I find all the settings for Map 3 so I can create a custom Map 6 that has all the same settings as Map 3, except only adjust boost on 1st and second? If this is shown in a different thread, please point me to it as I can't find it.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-26-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3vr6
Ok, I'll try that. how do I find all the settings for Map 3 so I can create a custom Map 6 that has all the same settings as Map 3, except only adjust boost on 1st and second? If this is shown in a different thread, please point me to it as I can't find it.
Map 6 is custom tuning. To be close to map 3 you'd basically taper in and out from +6psi across the RPM range under the map 6 boost settings. Just look at your log in map 3 in the target column along the same RPM range and you'll see what I'm stating. However, it's not the same. There are other settings that become active and will need adjustment/tuning. Only use Map 6 if you know what you're doing or are instructed to do so by BMS/Official Tuner.

1st and 2nd boost limits are active in all additive/absolute maps. It's on the user adjustment tab under the "Meth Trigger Mode" setting, if using the PC software/app. You can also find those settings under the "Settings" menu if using the Bluetooth connection.
(#6)
Old

Default 03-31-2019, 02:55 PM

On the app with bluetooth, how do you do these settings? I don't see anywhere where you can set 1st or 2nd gear boost.
(#7)
Old

Default 03-31-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3vr6
On the app with bluetooth, how do you do these settings? I don't see anywhere where you can set 1st or 2nd gear boost.
Can't help you there so I use the laptop. However, it should be under the user adjustment section and state something like "Max boost 1st" for example. There is a section for such questions... try posting there for assistance.
(#8)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 07:46 AM

I figured it out, thanks. Was exactly as you said on the App as well. Thought those were Map 6 settings at first. Question, though, on Map 3 what is the max boost on those gears in the app? I don't want to set the boost higher than what is recommended in Map 3.
(#9)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 08:51 AM

Map 3 is a locked map, so you can't make boost go higher. You can only limit it. If memory serves me correctly, map 3 is +6 psi. Details on it are in the main "sticky" thread for B58.

The limits suggested should work on map 3 and eliminate the issues.
(#10)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 09:24 AM

Thx. Curious why if stock boost level on a b58 is somewhere around 15lbs, why would we reduce it to 12 in 1st gear? Shouldn't it be fine at 15lbs in first?
(#11)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 05:05 PM

Start low and raise until you have an issue again. Then lower by 1 on both. You may end up at 15 and 17... like I am. Each car is different. You'll have to figure out your limit. I believe, of memory serves me, our cars peak around 14 psi.