Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-30-2012, 05:20 AM

are all the boards gone?
(#4377)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Don't have any at the moment, but 20 are out there in testing now. Will expand that by another 10 or so next week.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4378)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM

Should have mine tomorrow by Noon! Weather here is going to be 75 and Sunny, So ill be sending in logs

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#4379)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't have any at the moment, but 20 are out there in testing now. Will expand that by another 10 or so next week.
Thanks Terry. Hope I can jump in on the next one!
(#4380)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Sent you my G4 Board today

JB4 pnp, Afe dci, Riss Racing ''**, Cyba intake scoops, ZS-Charpe pipe w bv, BMS ww Meth kit,
12.06@117 6-speed manual
(#4381)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 05-30-2012, 07:08 PM

T will it be possible to run a 2 step and nitrous trigger off the board at the same time?

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#4382)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdnno98
T will it be possible to run a 2 step and nitrous trigger off the board at the same time?
No, it's setup for one or the other. But I can't say I'd suggest trying to NLS or 2step with nitrous involved.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4383)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-01-2012, 06:19 PM

Terry 5/23 is absolutely amazing. I run map 3 99% of the time and put a mix of 50/50 98RON/E85 in the tank the other day and map 5 is now more aggressive than map 2.
Map 5 is my new rainy day map.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#4384)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2012, 09:57 AM

Upgraded this thread to sticky status. At some point in the future I'll start posting G5 specific firmware and notes in the first post. Those who are testing the G5 board, the interface will not yet block you from uploading G4 firmware. And if you do the car will throw lambda, crank position, and other various codes. So make sure to only upload G5 specific firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#4385)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 06-02-2012, 12:53 PM

Will the max cool mode help lower oil temperatures at all? Or just coolant temps? Got the dreaded limp mode today at the track. :-/
(#4386)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2012, 01:25 PM

You'd have to check the specific code to see whether it was a water or oil temp limp. But it helps with both.

Burger Motorsports

(#4387)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 06-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illrider
Will the max cool mode help lower oil temperatures at all? Or just coolant temps? Got the dreaded limp mode today at the track. :-/
Autocross no....1/4 mile yes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4388)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 06-02-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
You'd have to check the specific code to see whether it was a water or oil temp limp. But it helps with both.
I never actually got a code. The oil temp gauge was reading around 270-280 though and the exterior temperature was around 103 today. Power kept going in and out. Part of the lap I would have full power, then all of my power would go away, then eventually the power would come back on, then shut off again.
(#4389)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Ah, yeah that is just the JB4 then cutting power on you to keep it from going in to an actual limp code.

Burger Motorsports

(#4390)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 06-02-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Ah, yeah that is just the JB4 then cutting power on you to keep it from going in to an actual limp code.
Is it possible for that the JB4 to "flutter" the power on and off or is that something else again?

I had that happen to me recently at a Laguna Seca track day.

No codes or CELs though.

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#4391)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
Is it possible for that the JB4 to "flutter" the power on and off or is that something else again?

I had that happen to me recently at a Laguna Seca track day.

No codes or CELs though.
We don't get people riding at 280 degrees often, but the logic right now might be too sharp of a transition. E.g. it goes from full boost to stock boost from 280->284 degrees. Maybe it could be smoothed out to 270->290, etc. But either way I think its time for you to consider some cooling mods.

Burger Motorsports

(#4392)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
But either way I think its time for you to consider some cooling mods.
I was hoping Meth would do that.

I guess a larger IC is the next step.

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#4393)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-02-2012, 03:15 PM

What's the word on E85 tuning?

(#4394)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 06-02-2012, 05:41 PM

E85 is amazing for the N54!!! Im a true believer after trying it!
(#4395)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Read... - 06-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
What's the word on E85 tuning?
Search and Read !!

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15846

Fly Birdie Fly !!

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 **
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#4396)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Has anyone just purchased a new core and installed a larger oil cooler. I'm not sure what size lines run to the oil cooler but I piece together a Setrab 25 row for my 370z that lowered temps 40 degrees. I was thinking about doing the same with my 135. I used a thermostatic sandwich plate for the Z tho I'm assuming I'd have to make do with the stock lines.

Max cool will only help so much. Most likely won't stop limp mode on a track ...

e92
(#4397)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-02-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
I was hoping Meth would do that.

I guess a larger IC is the next step.
Oil cooler
O, love mine!

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#4398)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 06-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05
Has anyone just purchased a new core and installed a larger oil cooler. I'm not sure what size lines run to the oil cooler but I piece together a Setrab 25 row for my 370z that lowered temps 40 degrees. I was thinking about doing the same with my 135. I used a thermostatic sandwich plate for the Z tho I'm assuming I'd have to make do with the stock lines.

Max cool will only help so much. Most likely won't stop limp mode on a track ...
I have, stage 2 Stett with a strab core.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#4399)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-03-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
No, it's setup for one or the other. But I can't say I'd suggest trying to NLS or 2step with nitrous involved.
haha, for sure T. Wasn't trying to use them both at the same time. Just have them hooked up at the same time. use the NLS/2 step when I wasn't using NOS. I'm still on the fence with the NOS though so I'll be trying the 2 step/NLS for sure.

2011 335is DCT, FBO
(#4400)
Old

Car: 2009 e90 xDrive 6MT
Default ? About DTC at start-up - 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM

Hey Terry,

When 5/5 is selected, should my one button push DTC dash light show? I've tried to toggle multiple times, and it never activates the dash light. I've always selected this when the vehicle is running so do I have to activate it when the engine isn't running?

NM - Just went through the old release notes and see that it isn't compatible with xDrive. Any chance that it will ever be compatible?