N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3376)
Old

Car: Z4 s35i 7DCT
Default 04-16-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroz
Thanks for reply guys. I will do some pulls after i finish this full tank. We are running 98octane here in singapore. May do a dyno run and do some custom JB tune and see what are the results. will update
Please do the dyno's, there isn't enough of these posted!

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless **'s / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#3377)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 04-16-2012, 06:25 PM

I'll be getting a set and will dyno before and after u less single costs between 5-6 which I highly doubt.

e92
(#3378)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Question 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroz
Thanks for reply guys. I will do some pulls after i finish this full tank. We are running 98octane here in singapore. May do a dyno run and do some custom JB tune and see what are the results. will update
You prob have the same fuel rating we have in EU so your 98 (RON) is the same as US 93 (RM2) so be carefull not going crazy
(#3379)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 04-16-2012, 09:44 PM

So I have some used RB's coming my way and have skimmed through some of this thread but, 143 pages is a lot to read. I'm thinking of starting a FAQ thread on common tune settings where people can post up their personal settings on different tunes and explain what has been working well for them and what hasn't, along with dyno's and videos and what not. Good idea or no?

I assume Terry will send me info on a base Map 6 and I can send him logs and go from there but, it would be nice to know up front what is working for everyone else so far and make it public knowledge.

I will also be installing these with a couple of friends and doing a full DIY with pics to make it that much easier for future installs.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#3380)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Default 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
So I have some used RB's coming my way and have skimmed through some of this thread but, 143 pages is a lot to read. I'm thinking of starting a FAQ thread on common tune settings where people can post up their personal settings on different tunes and explain what has been working well for them and what hasn't, along with dyno's and videos and what not. Good idea or no?

I assume Terry will send me info on a base Map 6 and I can send him logs and go from there but, it would be nice to know up front what is working for everyone else so far and make it public knowledge.

I will also be installing these with a couple of friends and doing a full DIY with pics to make it that much easier for future installs.
Yes, please do. I have a set of RB's on the way (i.e. whenever Rob is ready with the next batch), and I have been trying to collect information as well.

I hope you get that DIY with pics up before my install, which will probably be in about 3-4 weeks time (I hope)
(#3381)
Old

Default 04-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjet
Please do the dyno's, there isn't enough of these posted!
+1 It took me hours to find the few dynos that actually are in the thread....
(#3382)
Old

Default 04-16-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe
Yes, please do. I have a set of RB's on the way (i.e. whenever Rob is ready with the next batch), and I have been trying to collect information as well.

I hope you get that DIY with pics up before my install, which will probably be in about 3-4 weeks time (I hope)
I should definitely have the DIY up before then as I should be installing them in the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.Joe
+1 It took me hours to find the few dynos that actually are in the thread....
Right there with you. I'm also surprised there isn't a lot of youtube videos with the RB's in action either. I'm definitely going to change that in the near future.

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

(#3383)
Old

Default 04-18-2012, 06:46 AM

It's my birthday today and my wife gave me RB Turbos!!! Well she didn't want to make a mistake so I have to order them, but this morning she handed me a nice birthday card with a print off of Rob's web page inside so it looked like a voucher. I'm wrapped!!!!

I'll message/email you Rob to get this going....

E89 N54 / Wedge / RB Turbos / AFE DCI / HPF FMIC / Stett CP / Forge DV's / AR Cattless **'s / BMS OCC / RB PCV2 / BMS Spacers
(#3384)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 04-18-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
It's my birthday today and my wife gave me RB Turbos!!! Well she didn't want to make a mistake so I have to order them, but this morning she handed me a nice birthday card with a print off of Rob's web page inside so it looked like a voucher. I'm wrapped!!!!

Thats true love! congratz!
(#3385)
Old

Default 04-18-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:

So how did you feel when you woke up and found out it was all a dream.......?

J/K, Happy birthday and congrats on both the turbos and the wife
(#3386)
Old

Car: '07 335i MT
Default 04-18-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:

congrats man! Gotta say I'm jealous, does your wife have a single Sister? :P

SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA **, Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

SOLD -- '10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF **, Fuel-it st2, Mfactory LSD, powerflex subrframe bushings
(#3387)
Old

Default 04-21-2012, 10:18 AM

im weighing all my options. its amazing there are not more turbo options. its kinda nice because whats out there is proven. i found this and wanted to know how they compare.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bmw-335i-Bil...e93ee6&vxp=mtr
(#3388)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM

Here is 33 pages over at E90 for you to sift through if you wish to read more:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467592

In a nutshell, those are compressor only upgrades. They do not address the turbine nor waste gates. I have been told they actually do not ship you the complete turbo, but rather just the compressor housing and center cartridge. At that point you have to install the provided turbo equipment into your existing turbine housings (which is where your internal waste gates reside) so if you have old worn waste gates before you will after as well. And then you have to install and adjust your own actuators. The internal waste gate upgrade portion of RB Turbos is fairly in-depth, and in fact I have been contacted by numerous customers of other turbo builders looking to have me upgrade where the others left off. The problem is that is not a cheap process.

So, what you get there, is 2 compressor wheels, machined compressor housings, and rebuild center sections using the original turbine wheel and center section.

However there maybe some that find the performance increase and cost are justifiable, most however that I have spoken to do not see very substantial increases in performance in the compressor only upgrades. Those closest apples to apples comparisons to RBs are the ASR units (~$5500 IIRC) and the TD Stage 2 units (~$7000 IIRC); although the customer base of those others seem very small or at least are not very vocal on the internet.

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nation1979
im weighing all my options. its amazing there are not more turbo options. its kinda nice because whats out there is proven. i found this and wanted to know how they compare.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bmw-335i-Bil...e93ee6&vxp=mtr

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#3389)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 04-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Rob,

I'm in the UK and I've got an N54 135i with Dinan Stage 3 tune, AR catted *********, Forge diverter valves, Dinan intercooler and oil cooler. My turbos seem to be holding up ok at 32,000 miles although I have some wastegate rattle.

Are there any benefits in upgrading to your turbos if I keep my tune? I don't really want to lose the investment I have made in the Dinan software and I like the power delivery but I would be interested if there are benefits in reliability and top-end power. Or is it the case that I would have to install another tune to take advantage of your hardware?

Also, perhaps you could PM me with a price shipped to the UK.

Cheers

Jack
(#3390)
Old
Stalker

Default 04-21-2012, 03:56 PM

I am sorry, that tune does not support my turbos.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#3391)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 04-21-2012, 04:00 PM

I see. Thanks for quick reply.

Which tune would I require with your turbos?

Jack
(#3392)
Old
Stalker

Default 04-21-2012, 04:01 PM

JB4, Vishnu, and Cobb are the ones that seem to support them. I am not aware of any others that do.
(#3393)
Old

Car: E92 335 2008
Default 04-27-2012, 01:54 AM

hi rob
if i have the jb4 how its support the turbo
i need to pay for new map or somthing?
if i want the turbo runing in my car
how much at the end i need to pay?
(#3394)
Old

Default 04-27-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omritime
hi rob
if i have the jb4 how its support the turbo
i need to pay for new map or somthing?
if i want the turbo runing in my car
how much at the end i need to pay?
Regarding JB4, you need to ask Terry. Rob clearly states on his website that he does not do tune support. As far as I understand it JB4 is mostly set up for stock turbo performance, although you can tweek it to go beyond stock capacity. I think Terry is working on a "Big Turbo" board??? that will consider higher performance turbos such as the RB, but I could have it wrong...

(#3395)
Old

Default 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM

I got my used set in the mail on Wednesday and will be installing on Sunday with a few friends Can't wait!

I can't thank Rob enough and say how good his customer service is. I bought these off another member on the other forum who only had them on his car for 200 miles before having to return to stock (only $2800 )

Rob offered to inspect them and ship them to me as long as I simply paid for shipping. This obviously did not benefit him in any way but this is definitely a man who cares about his product even after it is sold used. Everything checked out great and he shipped them fast and packaged them the same as they were new! Great communication the whole way too and even gave up his phone number and said to call if I have any trouble during install.

Turbos look great too! The wastegates (which is half the reason I bought these) are such better quality that I can see why these cost what they do. If you're thinking of buying these, trust me, they are worth it. And I haven't even installed them yet!

Thanks again for everything Rob!

(#3396)
Old
Stalker

Default 04-28-2012, 01:18 PM

Cool man glad they made it and you are welcome. Happy to see some DIY'ers out there doing the install as well. Give me a call if you need any help, try my best to help you out. Please review my website under installation for some tips as well.

(#3397)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM

I'd love to find a used set

e92
(#3398)
Old

Car: fbo and meth 335
Default 04-29-2012, 03:17 PM

I just wanted to give my input and review on these turbos.
I bought brand new inbox set off of penn999 Friday night. Saturday morning about 730am i started to install them and got them done about 130 that afternoon. I have a 6at fbo and meth car. I was having trouble getting the meth settings in my procede set up correctly. So I will fix that at work tom since i left my laptop there. I am one map 1 which is 14 psi with a 100 percent ignition correction. On 14 psi it feels just as fast as it did on 19 psi on meth. I was impressed. So today I race a 04 z06. We went from about 20-130. He was intake and headers. He was by himself and I had two other people with me. I put 1-1.5 cars on him. I was very impressed for being on such low boost with no meth and timing.
As far are the quality of the product I was very impressed. The craftsmen ship and work put into this product is excellent. Worth every penny. I would recommend these to anybody.
(#3399)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litz4244
I just wanted to give my input and review on these turbos.
I bought brand new inbox set off of penn999 Friday night. Saturday morning about 730am i started to install them and got them done about 130 that afternoon. I have a 6at fbo and meth car. I was having trouble getting the meth settings in my procede set up correctly. So I will fix that at work tom since i left my laptop there. I am one map 1 which is 14 psi with a 100 percent ignition correction. On 14 psi it feels just as fast as it did on 19 psi on meth. I was impressed. So today I race a 04 z06. We went from about 20-130. He was intake and headers. He was by himself and I had two other people with me. I put 1-1.5 cars on him. I was very impressed for being on such low boost with no meth and timing.
As far are the quality of the product I was very impressed. The craftsmen ship and work put into this product is excellent. Worth every penny. I would recommend these to anybody.
My personal opinion is you should run meth all the time low boost or not with RB turbos with your tune.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#3400)
Old

Car: fbo and meth 335
Default 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
My personal opinion is you should run meth all the time low boost or not with RB turbos with your tune.
Your right it would probably be a lot safer even on low boost. But I figured 14 13 psi with no timing on the rb map would be fine.

03 z06 402 ironblock vortec t trim 8.5 psi 782whp 650 wtq

07 e90 335 rb turbos fbo and meth. 470whp 460 wtq 17psi 11.7 @124 full weight sold