N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E91 335i
Default Analogue Boost Gauge - 11-26-2018, 12:35 PM

Anyone plumbed in a stand alone analogue boost gauge on their N54?? I'm thinking of getting a DEFI boost gauge.

I have the JB4 displaying the boost, but it's reading from the ECU and I want a more visible realtime read out for boost plumbed in. What are you guys running and is there a DIY for installation?

Thanks!!!!
(#2)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 11-26-2018, 01:52 PM

The boost is ready from the JB4. The JB4 tells the engine how much boost the car is getting and displays real time boost levels. If you want to run an analog boost gauge then simply connect a hose to the charge pipe via a threaded male nipple adapter with corresponding threads the meth bungs use. If you do not have a an aftermarket chargepipe with threads for meth bungs, then buy a new chargepipe if you really want to do this.
You can probably route the hose for the analog boost gauge through the firewall the same way you would route a trunk mounted meth injection kit. However there is a reason not many people are running a analog boost gauge, it will take some work to get it to look nice in the car as well as there really is no need for it as the Jb4 reads boost reliably...

DON'T buy VRSF D.Ps or inlets! I have them and their fitment sucks! Running their FMIC with no issues.
HKS BOV, BMS DCI, BMS Meth Kit
JB4 w/MHD-BMS E85 Backend Flash
Custom Map 6 21.5 psi (E70 mix)
Walbro 450 LPFP - 4 Bar TMAP Sensor - Muff Delete
SAT Transmission Flash/retrofit (Thanks to Wedge!)
AD Engineering Oil thermostat - Rob Beck PCV Valve
Installed all the parts myself.