N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default New N54 60-130mph record, 5.4s - 10-12-2018, 07:51 AM

Most of you have seen the build thread on our 135i, JB4, VTT motor, GC2 turbos, Fuel-IT PI & Stage4 system, etc. Well Tony decided to take a shake down pass before shipping it down. Due to traction just left it in 4th gear and floored it. Results were impressive to say the least, a new platform record.

Does it still count as an MT record if you don't shift?

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 535xi
Default 10-12-2018, 08:02 AM

Wow! This thing is going to be a rocket in roll races!
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-12-2018, 08:22 AM

That log looks fantastic, holy crap this car is a rocket!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: e92 N54 335i
Default 10-12-2018, 11:55 AM

Love it.
Attached Images

07 335i
(#5)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 10-12-2018, 08:03 PM

wow.. nice 60-130 time..
the boost seems to ramp up much more aggressively than the 759 whp dyno log..
how much power do you think it would make with these boost settings?
what type of tire and size are you using?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2018, 08:25 PM

Power probably the same, torque higher. Maybe would hit 775whp in that colder weather.

It has the 275/40R17 Hossier drag radial tires.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 10-13-2018, 03:35 AM

uff record just in 4th gear .... way to go

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#8)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 10-13-2018, 11:06 AM

are you going to post this run to the dragy leaderboard?
Its always good to see all the data and try to learn from it..
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Tony recorded the run, not sure if he will or not. I don't see why not though.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 10-13-2018, 04:00 PM

What timing did you target in this log Terry ?

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#11)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 10-13-2018, 06:23 PM

congrats! I love my GC 1.0 turbos. been beating the hell out of them since the day they came out but on a stock motor i limit it to 650whp and ramp up boost so i dont bend rods.

on my very first dyno run i hit 640wtq on a mustang dyno by accident (overboost)!!!
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
What timing did you target in this log Terry ?
It's in the log!

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 10-15-2018, 11:23 PM

You exactly know thats no new record or would you tell that only 4th gear record? :D:D:D
Stop to share false things.

Thanks from Germany ;-)

word records holding BMW n54 100-200 kph 4,46sek, 60-130 mph 5,17sek, standing half mile 280,59 kmh/ 174,35 mph
instagram ilikebigboost335i
fully built engine|VM Single Turbo Top Mount|Precision 6466|Wagner EVO 3 competition intercooler|Synapse BOV|custom stage 4 LPFP|FUEL-IT PI+BMS Controller|FUEL-IT-Fuel Lines+E-Sensor|N20 TMAP Sensor|custom MHD Backend by pureboost+JB4|custom exhaust|Bimmerlife coils|PCV delete|BMS Meth Kit|Wavetrac|18" OZ Alleggerita r888r|18" F30 Performance brakes
(#14)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-16-2018, 04:31 AM

So, what's your current opinion on ST vs twins Terry?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-16-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
He still doesn't have his car back, but Terry has always been a fan of twins. He likes the simplicity of it and that it can essentially look like a stock car IF we ever wanted to take it to that. It's already a racecar so no matter lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 10-17-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigboost
You exactly know thats no new record or would you tell that only 4th gear record? :D:D:D

Thanks from Germany ;-)
5.17sec 60 to 130mph is crazy fast ... keep reading this thread

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebigboost

Thanks from Germany ;-)
It was the record as far as I know but I don't follow those things that closely. Link to your results? Anyway the thread is less about the record and more about the performance potential of twins.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
My mostly objective opinion so far:

1) I prefer the stock look under the hood.
2) I prefer having the o2 sensors back after the turbos in each bank where I don't have to worry about them going out or melting during longer runs.
3) I like having the torque and faster spool down low which allows things like 4th gear 60-130mph pulls and more predictable power when peddling it.
4) Can't argue with the lower cost and simplicity of it.

The questions that need to be answered are how is reliability on GC twins like this vs. single kits? Does the extra top end potential of the larger single kits make up for the delayed spool they introduce? I don't foresee myself ever changing this car back to a single turbo kit, but we have Payam's 335i with an ACF bottom mount single kit. Maybe at NFZ we can get some side by side videos for performance comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 10-17-2018, 08:42 PM

Appreciate the answer man. Was planning on a bottom mount single but reconsidering given load tuning on these incredible twins.

N54 | Build Thread
(#20)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 10-18-2018, 08:36 PM

Good job on those turbos Tony!

F90 M5 Comp - @BM3Tuning 100-200 5.29s / 60-130 6.5s | @HCP.US
F97 X3M Comp - Tuning Soon!

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | @BM3Tuning Stg1+ E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Appreciate the answer man. Was planning on a bottom mount single but reconsidering given load tuning on these incredible twins.
Yeah I'm happy with the change. If you really need 850whp or something then you'll need a single but you can run damn fast on 750whp+ with twins. And for $3k in an easy bolt in package. Can't beat that.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: BMW 1M Coupe
Default 10-19-2018, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yeah I'm happy with the change. If you really need 850whp or something then you'll need a single but you can run damn fast on 750whp+ with twins. And for $3k in an easy bolt in package. Can't beat that.

$3k package?! omg that's a steal! how does that work out Terry?
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2018, 12:46 PM

That's what GC turbos cost.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 01:20 PM

Pricing must be different direct from VTT. I looked yesterday and GC lites were ~3k without any of the required parts, GCs were more, 35 or 4k, can't remember.

N54 | Build Thread
(#25)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 10-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Pricing must be different direct from VTT. I looked yesterday and GC lites were ~3k without any of the required parts, GCs were more, 35 or 4k, can't remember.
Well I'm sure some ppl get discount especially when they're providing some feedback like Data, Dyno, Logs, 60-130, etc

F90 M5 Comp - @BM3Tuning 100-200 5.29s / 60-130 6.5s | @HCP.US
F97 X3M Comp - Tuning Soon!

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | @BM3Tuning Stg1+ E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"