N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default Does the E85 back end flash raise the TCU torque limits at all slipping at shifts? - 04-09-2017, 05:47 AM

I have been looking into the xHP flash for my car and was wondering sometimes I get nice firm shift with my stock setup and sometimes I will get slippage at shift points. I do overboost a little at shift points also. Just wondering if that slipping could be from the torque limiter I have not messed with the TCU and it's stock. Does the backend flash modify the torque limiter in any way? Raise it? Send fake signals to it making it think it's lower? Etc?

2008 335xi FBO JB4 BMS E85 Backend flash E60 Gas VRSF Chargepipe /w HKS BOV VRSF 7 inch FMIC DCI VRSF DOWNP xHP Stage 3 flashed
(#2)
Old

Default 04-09-2017, 05:50 AM

Just want to know if this is something else probably internal maybe before I possibly toss $200 down the drain car is a 335xi 2008 FBO JB4/ E85 BEF E60-65 gas sometimes at shift points I hit 25-26 psi boost on map 6 and 21-22 on map 7.

2008 335xi FBO JB4 BMS E85 Backend flash E60 Gas VRSF Chargepipe /w HKS BOV VRSF 7 inch FMIC DCI VRSF DOWNP xHP Stage 3 flashed
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 04-09-2017, 07:35 AM

If you're on the stock TCU flash, slipping doesn't surprise me at all at those boost levels. I was running alpina and started getting slipping under 26psi on my ST setup. it also started happening on my 23psi map. After flashing to Xhp, I no longer slip under 23psi, haven't tried revisiting 26psi as I don't have any E85 currently.
(#4)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM

If you follow the xHP thread in ***********, though all the bugs are still be worked out, Trebila has been getting good results with the flash. He has been testing it out along with working with other people on it and they have been able to hold a lot of power/boost without slippage. It looks promising, I personally am going to wait a little longer until they get everything sorted since it still seems to be in a beta state at this point.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#5)
Old

Default 04-10-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54QC
If you follow the xHP thread in ***********, though all the bugs are still be worked out, Trebila has been getting good results with the flash. He has been testing it out along with working with other people on it and they have been able to hold a lot of power/boost without slippage. It looks promising, I personally am going to wait a little longer until they get everything sorted since it still seems to be in a beta state at this point.

Already flashed the xHP stage 3 map shifts are fast and darn firm!! Made a 60-150 video but you can't see the tach in it but u can heat the engine...

https://youtu.be/x0xJXP2d7eo

(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbaal
I have been looking into the xHP flash for my car and was wondering sometimes I get nice firm shift with my stock setup and sometimes I will get slippage at shift points. I do overboost a little at shift points also. Just wondering if that slipping could be from the torque limiter I have not messed with the TCU and it's stock. Does the backend flash modify the torque limiter in any way? Raise it? Send fake signals to it making it think it's lower? Etc?
It raises up calculated torque to higher than actual levels to ensure the trans line pressure is maxing out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Car: 11' 335i xDrive e90
Default 04-10-2017, 05:02 PM

I recently flashed the stage 3 ots from xHP, no hiccups with the flash/install. I posted throughout the end of the xHP thread on e90post. Did a short speedo clip too. With about 120 miles on the flash now - i'm very happy with it overall, it definitely settled a bit, things definitely adapted over the 120 mile span.

For me when I first flashed it - during WOT the shifts were somewhat violent, really hit into gear hard, though now that 'hard hitting into gear' has settled. It's just as fast and engaging when I shift into the following gear as before, just minus the violent/hard hitting' aspect.

cheers

11' 335i xDrive e90,

JB4 ISO Map 7 @ 20psi, ISO_14 Firmware, BMS/MHD e85 BEF, xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash, Flex Fuel Adapter, Rev3 Connect-Kit, 50% e85 mix/93 octane, K&N drop-in filter, ER Chargepipe, JB4 CAN-flap disabled, VRSF **, VRSF 7in. FMIC,