N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default No Fly Zone 4/1/17 Results Thread - 04-01-2017, 06:49 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back from another great day of 1/2 racing at NFZ. Compared to SS you can take as many runs as you want, which makes it great for testing and tuning, but the timing equipment is a bit flaky. And the track is a little longer than 1/2 mile if you start from a dig.

Payam raced our M5 and managed a best of ~160mph from a roll.

Jason raced our PureS2 M3 and hit a best of 163mph from a dig.

Adam raced the Z06 most of the day and ran a best of ~161mph from a dig.

I took around 10 runs in our Pure S2 E92 trying to sort out problems and managed a best of ~156mph from a roll. Adam managed to get a ~159mph trap from it although I suspect the timing equipment was off that run. More on this car in the next post. After I tired of it I took a few runs with the Z06 and ran ~158mph from a roll, ~160mph from a dig, including a narrow loss to Fuel-ITs M4.

Steve brought the Fuel-IT M4 out from AZ and managed an impressive 165mph from a roll with more in it. Turns out somehow his back end flash had the speed limiter left on it... He's run 170mph+ before at the same track so we expect better traps next time from it.

Vargas was also out and managed an impressive 172mph with their N54. Nice to see the N54 bar inching higher.

I'll add some more photos and videos as time permits.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2017, 06:52 PM

With our E92 it's curse continues.

During the first run somehow wiring for the rear o2 sensor fell out under the car and ground apart a wire. We patched it back together.
After another run or two the under-tray partially ripped and was dragging along at 150mph... Had to remove it at the track and toss it, it's cracked apart.
Despite having really conservative timing (8 degrees peak), on straight E85, timing was completely flat-lining each shift unless I desensitized the knock sensors. Upon doing that timing and traps improved.
After getting timing sorted I noticed the fuel trim variance which was at around 20% grew to around 50%. No idea why. There are no o2 faults stored, tried resetting adaptions, etc. Acting like an oring is blown out again but I really doubt it. Maybe defective primary o2 sensors. The variance grew throughout the day. Shrug. (note I added a setting to disable the JB4 fuel trim variance safety)
And to top it off towards the end of the day it started throwing VANOS faults.

I'm so done with this POS! On the plus side the 335is clutch held well and at 26psi it was running almost on par with the Z06.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 04-02-2017, 05:41 AM

Terry, Video pls 👍

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS ** n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#4)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 04-02-2017, 07:38 AM

Man what a great time yesterday! Fun turn out from the BMS crew, most of the cars ran solid, and didn't seem like anything really broke. Timing equipment was a little flaky for sure, hopefully they can get that fixed next time around. As always tons of fun!

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 04-02-2017, 08:56 AM

Any videos of the 172MPH run? That's moving!

Visit Chadillac2000's 2008 135i Road Warrior Daily Driver Single Turbo Build Thread HERE

ACF PTE 6062 BB Top Mount ST Kit, Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP, Phoenix Racing Port Injection Manifold + RACE FMIC, JB4 + BMS ST E85 PI BEF
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2017, 08:56 AM

Here is a video of our Z06 getting smoked by Fuel-Its M4.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 04-02-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000
Any videos of the 172MPH run? That's moving!
we ran 172 four times I believe. I have a video of one of the runs. We raced a drag prepped 240SX. Chris will be posting a full breakdown of the day, with all slips, photos, and videos.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech
Man what a great time yesterday! Fun turn out from the BMS crew, most of the cars ran solid, and didn't seem like anything really broke. Timing equipment was a little flaky for sure, hopefully they can get that fixed next time around. As always tons of fun!
It was a pretty painless and fun day! I still can't believe you changed and coded your fuel injectors in the pits

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 04-02-2017, 11:27 AM

Hahaha. I've changed so many injectors its like swapping plugs at this point..

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#10)
Old

Car: 2008 135i fully loaded
Default 04-02-2017, 11:49 AM

wow that event looks like it must have been awesome. After seeing that 172 pass from VTT and seeing the new stuff they have been coming out with for the N54, The N54 seems to really be pushing boundaries. Id like to hear a vendors opinion of a few things:

-Do you guys think we will see 1000whp from an N54 anytime soon?
-If Not, Where do you all think the limit of the N54 is?
-Is there lots more potential for N54's to be had in the next couple years or is it close to its max?
-What N54 car in your opinion has the most traction or can be build to have the most traction for those high WHP levels? If money wasn't a factor at all, I can imagine how sick a 1m would be built up to this level because it was a wider body for wider tires.

My 135i probably won't ever be built up the level even of these cars and my long term goal is only FBO + GC Lites + LSD + other goodies topping off around 550-600whp Daily Driver. But Im very exciting to see whats happening with the N54 car from VTT pushing 800+ on twins What do you guys think is next?

2008 135i M-sport fully loaded | Mods in progress | Maintenance and detail freak | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNP...WOEG9BMruHqHyg
(#11)
Old

Default 04-02-2017, 12:20 PM

Nice runs Terry and Tony.

Tony, was the 172 run with di only or a little port too?
(#12)
Old
administartor

Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 04-02-2017, 12:45 PM

I got 28 runs in. Minimal waiting in line. Not too hot out. It was a blast.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#13)
Old

Default 04-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200
Nice runs Terry and Tony.

Tony, was the 172 run with di only or a little port too?
I would say about 90% DI only with 10% port on top. I might be able to get away with DI only, but I like the added safety. Plus the pops sound cool when you shift with your foot to the floor...

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#14)
Old

Car: 2007 335i e90
Default 04-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I would say about 90% DI only with 10% port on top. I might be able to get away with DI only, but I like the added safety. Plus the pops sound cool when you shift with your foot to the floor...
Pops?
(#15)
Old

Default 04-02-2017, 06:54 PM

Yes, the unburnt fuel igniting after a no lift shift. The thing uninformed people says hurts your motor.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com

Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-02-2017 at 08:41 PM..
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2017, 07:37 PM

FYI I no lift shifted every run on the E92 which is heavily dependent on port injection for fueling and got almost no popping out the exhaust...

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: 2003 M5 2008 335xi
Default 04-03-2017, 01:15 AM

Is the m5 on stock turbos?
(#18)
Old

Car: 11' 335i xDrive e90
Default 04-03-2017, 01:33 AM

Good stuff dudes. Looks like a good time.

That Fuel-It M4 though..

11' 335i xDrive e90,

JB4 ISO Map 7 @ 20psi, ISO_14 Firmware, BMS/MHD e85 BEF, xHP Stage 3 TCU Flash, Flex Fuel Adapter, Rev3 Connect-Kit, 50% e85 mix/93 octane, K&N drop-in filter, ER Chargepipe, JB4 CAN-flap disabled, VRSF **, VRSF 7in. FMIC,
(#19)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 04-03-2017, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, the unburnt fuel igniting after a no lift shift. The thing uninformed people says hurts your motor.
If that's super lean isn't there a chance of overheating the turbines etc?

I disable the mhd popping feature on my flash just to be safe.

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#20)
Old

Default 04-03-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
If that's super lean isn't there a chance of overheating the turbines etc?

I disable the mhd popping feature on my flash just to be safe.
The big difference to me is, that dumb burbling thing is basically just dumping fuel to get pops, and ****, when you get the NLS pop, its a single pop. I would love to say its also helping keeping the turbine speed up, but I doubt its really having any effect.

Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-03-2017, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez08
Is the m5 on stock turbos?
Yup! Mods are: BMS intake and charge pipe, BMS dual cm 10 meth kit, JB4+Bcm, and upgraded dct clutch packs.

The car is so fast and drama-free, Im trying to find a manual one for myself lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-03-2017, 08:08 AM

Nice! I've gone to two of their Midwest events.

Best was 156mph from a dig on stock turbos.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
Nice! I've gone to two of their Midwest events.

Best was 156mph from a dig on stock turbos.
Nice!

On traps in general what I've found is you can't really compare runway to runway or even different events at the same runway, as for some reason they often vary wildly. For example last time at this event Ando ran 163mph in our Z06... We added ~60whp this time around, but it ran 160mph. A few others mentioned they were 4-5mph slower than last event same track too.

Maybe a VBOX file with a validated 1/2 mile from a dig would be a good way to compare different tracks/days.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 04-03-2017, 09:23 AM

I'm guessing this is down to wind speed/direction being more a factor at higher speeds? Assuming ambient conditions are similar of course...
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2017, 09:28 AM

I think the tracks are different lengths, different rules are enforced (e.g. allowed to start ~1/2 mile from as fast as you can, or from 0mph), and the timing equipment is not always accurately implemented. Net/net the best (and most fun!) way to compare is with side by side races.

Burger Motorsports