N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M240i
Default What is this B58 fault code 1f053c? - 03-13-2017, 07:46 AM

I've been running the jb4 stock for around 4 weeks without issues. I have been running mostly map 2. I then upgraded my exhaust system to the bcs full system with sports ***. I got the drive train error, restarted the car everything was fine. I'm only running map 4 (safe map / logging only) until I find out what this is, thanks for the help.

Anyone know what this codes means, thanks.

Code displayed on the JB4 app (1f053c)

Last edited by Bmw_ire_2012; 03-13-2017 at 08:01 AM..
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2017, 08:58 AM

I don't know what the fault is, scan with a BMW tool to get the description.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-13-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't know what the fault is, scan with a BMW tool to get the description.
I have deleted it from the jb4 app will it still show in the cars ECU and BMW can read it if I decide to bring it in, car is fine after a restart.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-13-2017, 08:32 PM

It may still be in the error history.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 07-13-2017, 05:32 AM

Any updates on the code description
(#6)
Old

Default 07-13-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
Any updates on the code description
Never found out what the code was, it's never came back so just left it at that.
(#7)
Old

Car: UK 140i-M Sport Auto
Default 08-01-2017, 04:13 AM

Have also had this fault code error pop up twice now, first time was 2 days after fitting the ***** less exhaust, yesterday the car went into complete limp mode and would not drive at all, same code.
My car is 2017 M140i auto, not changed a thing as everything was working well running Map7.
Was not driving the car hard, in traffic doing 25mph and the car just went into this fault code, very strange.
I do have free flowing down *****, seems strange its saying its a transmission fault, anyone else getting this ?.
(#8)
Old

Car: 340xi
Default 08-22-2017, 04:31 PM

I just had the same fault and am trying to find the description
(#9)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 09-17-2017, 07:36 AM

Hi Guys,
I have the same fault code.
Discription: Power Train, Safety: Maximum acceleration exceeded.
I get it when driving in MAP 7, 1st gear WOT.
It is triggerd by the acceleration sensor (INPA says so).
The car goes into limp mode immediatley, after restart everything is ok.
I got it before always at about 2500rpm at WOT in first gear. I restricetd boost now to 15psi in the first gear and the fault code comes now at 6500rpm. I will lower the first gear boost now to 13 psi.
I have read something about an accelaration sensor in all new BMW models, to detect piggy backs via unusual acceleration, might be a rumor but i am starting to believe that as I can not understand that code otherwise.

Would be nice if someone else is willing to share his experience.

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
I have read something about an accelaration sensor in all new BMW models, to detect piggy backs via unusual acceleration, might be a rumor but i am starting to believe that as I can not understand that code otherwise.
Sounds like a sensor to detect when you're going down hills? Total nonsense.

I suspect the fault is something with the transmission slipping at higher power levels but without a description, we have no way of knowing for sure. Use a BMW specific code reading tool like INPA to read the fault and that will help us hone in on it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2017, 09:02 AM

I searched the S55 code listing and found some similar faults in that 1F0 series... For example:

0x1F0531: DME, interner Fehler, Sicherheitsfunktion: Plausiblisierung Kraftstoffmasse
Google translate indicates something with fuel mass or fuel pressure. Maybe fuel pressure dropping too low?

0x1F053B DME, interner Fehler, Sicherheitsfunktion: Momentenanforderung unplausibel

This one has a more direct translation: DME, internal fault, safety function: moment request implausible

This I suspect would be something on the transmission or DSC system reporting back that it received an incorrect request from the DME or encountered something during driving conditions outside specifications. Like slippage.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM

Ok,

Had it again. It seems to be connected to the radar stuff:
Faults (I am German, so I have the German ISTA+, the above description was translated by me, but to make it clearer I post the original BMW ISTA text):
DME 1F053C Antrieb, Sicherheitsfunktion: maximale Fahrzeugbeschleunigung überschritten.
Detailed stuff from INPA ISTA+:

Die Diagnose überwacht die zulässige maximale Fahrzeugbeschleunigung.

Fehlerüberwachungsbedingungen:

Der Fehler wird erkannt, wenn das Fahrzeug stärker beschleunigt als vom Fahrer gewünscht.

connected with this fault (same time stamp and milage):
ICM 48002E, ACC: Schnittstelle Motorsteuerung

detailed description from ISTA:
Aktivierung der Geschwindigkeitsregelung (ACC) ist nicht möglich. Das Motorsteuergerät lässt die Aktivierung nicht zu.

This does not look like a slippage stuff.
ANd the bad thing is that I raced I bike in second, and suddenly the engine takes zero throttle. Great stuff to stop on the highway to turn the engine of an on again.

I would like to play with the boost limiter more.
I have now 13psi in first nothing in 2nd and 3rd.
I will try now 13psi in first, and 13psi in second, nothing in third.

Ay other suggestiones?

and

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#13)
Old

Default 09-22-2017, 11:22 AM

Also I have to add that I was not able to dyno the car.
We did it in fith gear (MAP7) and when the nose came up at about 3500rpm the same fault happend (also happend in map0 but at 5500rpm).

This is really odd.

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#14)
Old

Car: M140i
Default 09-23-2017, 08:35 AM

I’ve got the same code too, only happens when I’m in Map 2, Map 1 is ok, I’m running a full turbo back system with a 200 cell ***, I can’t seem to get mine to do it on purpose but it seems to happen in the wet when the wheels spin whilst accelerating.
(#15)
Old

Default 09-23-2017, 08:36 AM

I’m in a B58 M140i too btw.
(#16)
Old

Default 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM

I have also a 200cell ****

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2017, 10:18 AM

"Drive, safety function: maximum vehicle acceleration exceeded"

Interesting... Does it come up only in low gears like 1st and 2nd?

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 09-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Yes, never had it in 3rd.
By the way, launch control does also not work because he starts cutting the engine immediatly after acceleration starts. Have made a log now ( but seems worthless). Will post it later

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2017, 10:59 AM

Maybe we can tune around that on the JB4 end... Try to capture more logs of fault triggering.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 09-23-2017, 01:27 PM

I have had exactly the same thing a few times.

Had my cousin scan at BMW (he is a technician at my local garage) and he said the same, the car senses it was accelerating too fast and a fault on the acceleration sensor.
(#21)
Old

Default 09-24-2017, 01:06 AM

Here is the log (only the end of the log is interesting when trying WOT in first gear and immediatley the car cuts throttle)
https://***********/u/m123/fault-dur...&data=1-4-5-19

And here a log taken directly before the "faulty" one.

https://***********/u/m123/440i-b58-...log=0&data=1-4

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#22)
Old

Default 09-24-2017, 09:59 AM

I will try and get a log but it’s hard to get my car to do it on purpose, the only time is does it is in the wet and when I get any wheel spin in 1st or 2nd but only in Map 2.
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-25-2017, 10:36 PM

@m123 please upload the CSV file for us to review.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#24)
Old

Car: BMW 340i MPPSK
Default 09-26-2017, 06:52 AM

I suffered the same issue some times before.

When I push my car and try to log my jb4 last week, I just lost all power and have a Dirvetrain Warning on a motor high way. It really scared me.

Fortunately I still got my log without an accident.It seems like the car dropped into a Limp Mod. I can not run the car more than 10km/h.

After I moved my car slowly to a gas station nearby, I restart my car and everything comeback to normal. I read code on jb4 app and got a code of: 1F053C NO Description Found.

This log doesnt look like over boost, high AFR or bad fuel issues. It seems like something wrong happened when gearbox shifts.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2017-09-20 16_58_19.csv (42.9 KB, 78 views)

BMW340i MPPSK,FBO,JB4,WMI,QuaifeLSD,Carbon Driveshaft.

Last edited by Frank Jia; 09-26-2017 at 06:59 AM..
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-26-2017, 02:24 PM

Might have missed it but why is PID Gain set to zero?