N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 04-08-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I asked you to explain D in your own words. You refused. So I wrote a few sentences explaining how it works.

Then I asked you to post a log "showing how you use D to reduce the PID output when boost exceeds the sensor range". I quote it because I don't want any of my engineer friends to think that nonsense came from me. You posted a video(???) of some log without relevant data elements, with no narration or explanation. I have no idea what I was supposed to get out of it. Post the log and we can continue the discussion.

I have zero interest in your "secret sauce". I have 40 customers who used to run your tuning I could ask for a BIN if I cared. I don't. It's irrelevant to me or anything BMS offers because we would never tune a car like that.
The log vid I posted did it not show abs 36.2 PSI in the final post shift gear ? Is not the stock TMAP sensor abs limit 36.2 PSI ? Wasnt the boost in the log reduced to abs 35.* PSI so it wouldnt attempt to exceed the TMAP sensor limit to trigger a throttle closure ? Next time ill ask if you want things explained in a kids 3D book. You never requested specific parameter logging. I used what was available that was obvious.

I projected the future error outcome of an "undesirable boost amount" that would exceed the TMAP sensor limit and made the adjustment to the D Factor to counteract the "undesirable error", before it happens, and to prevent the D-Factor from going null if boost exceeded the TMAP sensor.

This was simply illustrated in the before and after logs in the vid. I didnt have to see the error value in the log to know where to counteract it cause I already knew where in the table to adjust to prevent it from happening.

2012 E89 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport MT
2011 E92 335is w/DCT
2007 E92 335i 6AT

Last edited by BuraQ; 04-08-2015 at 06:36 PM..
(#252)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 08:47 PM

What the hell is a "log video"? POST A LINK TO THE ACTUAL DATALOG. Again, useful parameters: boost, set point, RPM, throttle, duty cycle, and if your logging supports it the P, I, and D factors added in to the duty cycle output.

If your set point is lower than the sensor can read then the PID will still function. Just with less responsiveness as set point approaches the sensor range. So for example if the set point is 20psi and the sensor range is 21psi, then your maximum error will be 1psi whether it's actually 1psi or 20psi.

What is your normal profession outside of or before you were tuning? If you say engineer I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#253)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 04-08-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What the hell is a "log video"? POST A LINK TO THE ACTUAL DATALOG. Again, useful parameters: boost, set point, RPM, throttle, duty cycle, and if your logging supports it the P, I, and D factors added in to the duty cycle output.

If your set point is lower than the sensor can read then the PID will still function. Just with less responsiveness as set point approaches the sensor range. So for example if the set point is 20psi and the sensor range is 21psi, then your maximum error will be 1psi whether it's actually 1psi or 20psi.

What is your normal profession outside of or before you were tuning? If you say engineer I'm going to shoot myself in the head.
lolz
(#254)
Old

Car: '09 135i
Default 04-08-2015, 09:07 PM

2009 M sport 135i: BMS DCI|jb4 g5iso|N54 Perf 3" **|Wagner rep. FMIC|RB PCV & cap|ngk|CDV delete|BMS STCS| e40
(#255)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-08-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:

~JB4 G5 iso~BMS E85 Backend Flash~VTT Inlets~BMS DCI~BMS Low Temp Thermostat~BMS OCC~BMS Modified Clutch Valve~BMS Clutch Stop~335is Clutch~ER Competition FMIC Kit w/ HKS SSQV~3"AR **'s~3" Custom exhaust~RB PCV Valve~SteveAZ Stage 2 Bucket~Avant Garde M359 18x8.5 +35 18x9.5 +33~
(#256)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 04-09-2015, 02:31 AM

More flaming in this thread than slipping DCT clutches...
(#257)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 04-09-2015, 07:52 AM

this thread derailed rather quickly

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#258)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 04-09-2015, 08:20 AM

Not sure why is it so difficult for some of the flash turners to post the actual log...

But anyway, these kind of threads are always fun to read

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#259)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 04-09-2015, 08:27 AM

Sometimes I wonder if BuraQ is actually Shiv in disguise.
(#260)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
Sometimes I wonder if BuraQ is actually Shiv in disguise.
lol Shiv was often disingenuous and from time to time dishonest but he could throw together a technical argument with the best of them. There is really no resemblance.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#261)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 04-09-2015, 12:43 PM

Meh, this thread reminds me of the TFT inlets thread where almost everyone was bashing Brian May for thinking outside of the box and for trying something new and different from the accepted conventional wisdom of the many so call "experts". Once the inlets were proven to be the next best thing since sliced bread, these once vocal naysayers now are among the first to copy the idea/product and cashed in on the action. I'm sure as more of Wedge's/Buraq's customers get a chance to hit the track this summer and turn in ET's, there probably will be a rush to copy or try their unconventional way of tuning too.

I don't drive fast, I just fly low...
(#262)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 04-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
when will mhd be released?-
I will open the currently closed beta next week, so anyone can get the Flasher without invitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1///M
When will mhd be available for the 1m
I will start working on 1m support next week. So it's a matter of weeks. If someone has a spare 1M to donate maybe that can accelerate things?
(#263)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 04-09-2015, 03:02 PM

Hi Terry, I currently run a bb race flash....will I see any benefit from re flashing using the MHD race flash?
(#264)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 04-10-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russjonesr
Hi Terry, I currently run a bb race flash....will I see any benefit from re flashing using the MHD race flash?
If it weren't so , MHD wouldn't be created.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#265)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russjonesr
I've been getting that question a lot. The short answer is maybe. If you're an automatic running high boost levels, feeding higher torque to the trans may help shifting. If you're an MT running higher boost levels, having a higher reported load may reduce the bog tendency. There is also some addl tuning flexibility within the software that I think will help with post shift automatic timing in our JB4 back end maps. But that said, compared to BB, it's basically a more convenient way of loading a flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#266)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-10-2015, 10:14 PM

Hey guys,

We've found a bug with the MHD JB4 specific option where the maps trigger a false 30FE and 3100 code sometimes around 5800rpm for no reason. Dropped Martial a note and we'll be working on resolving it.

*** Looks to be fixed in latest release.

Burger Motorsports

(#267)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 04-11-2015, 04:59 AM

just reviewing some previous logs where i had prior to the mhd specific flash and it seems the timing was higher. with the bb e85 back end flash i used to target 12-13.5 degrees of timing, these new mhd e85 flashes only target around 9. any reason?
(#268)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-11-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

We've found a bug with the MHD JB4 specific option where the maps trigger a false 30FE and 3100 code sometimes around 5800rpm for no reason. Dropped Martial a note and we'll be working on resolving it.
Super bummer for another delay, but I'd rather have a delay than issues. Thanks for doing all the testing. Thanks for building MORE maps for us....for free. Just in general...thanks buddy!

(#269)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802
just reviewing some previous logs where i had prior to the mhd specific flash and it seems the timing was higher. with the bb e85 back end flash i used to target 12-13.5 degrees of timing, these new mhd e85 flashes only target around 9. any reason?
You can open the timing map within tuner pro for the details. This is the e85 map.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#270)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom
Super bummer for another delay, but I'd rather have a delay than issues. Thanks for doing all the testing. Thanks for building MORE maps for us....for free. Just in general...thanks buddy!

Martial made a change that may should resolve it. But I'm not sure how to read the software version number within the app so he can chime in on when its been uploaded and ready for testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#271)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-11-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Martial made a change that may should resolve it. But I'm not sure how to read the software version number within the app so he can chime in on when its been uploaded and ready for testing.
The MHD app was just updated on my tablet. Time to flash.
(#272)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2015, 11:07 AM

He's also going to add a passive version number to the app splash screen to make it easier to identify when updates happen.

Burger Motorsports

(#273)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 04-11-2015, 12:03 PM

If my OEM battery is 1-2 months old, brand new right from the dealer, do I still need to use a charger for the initial install/read? I would just do it, but I'll have to go buy one just for this. If its not needed I wouldn't be using it for anything else, but if I really should have it, even with a new battery...I'll get one to do it right.
(#274)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 04-11-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom
If my OEM battery is 1-2 months old, brand new right from the dealer, do I still need to use a charger for the initial install/read? I would just do it, but I'll have to go buy one just for this. If its not needed I wouldn't be using it for anything else, but if I really should have it, even with a new battery...I'll get one to do it right.
A battery charger is a good tool to have anyway.
(#275)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 04-11-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
You can open the timing map within tuner pro for the details. This is the e85 map.
i wuold never even think about editing or even act like i know anything about that table. just was looking at my logs from january on the bb e85 flash and the timing was 12-13 degrees and looking at the logs today with the mhd e85 flash they were 9-10 degrees. i thought you usually shoot for 12-13. i dont know if more timing means more power.if less means safer? know everyone used to knock wedge for his 15 degree tunes.

again not knocking anything just noticing differences on my logs.

and i must say thanks to Terry for being so helpful and answering probably 100 emails in the last week and sorting through all the problems with me and reviewing and checking the logs i sent him and resolving everything with the new MHD stuff. that means a lot. i hope i was some help to you getting the bugs worked out.