N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 12:55 PM

You may see throttle closure spikes, DTC, etc, above that but the target should reflect what you entered. If not email in a CSV and we can check it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1252)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 02-14-2011, 02:43 PM

For my own sanity, could someone please verify for me that the JB4 won't connect to the laptop until it is installed on the car because of the need for the power source?
(#1253)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135
For my own sanity, could someone please verify for me that the JB4 won't connect to the laptop until it is installed on the car because of the need for the power source?
That is correct! You need to have the JB4 installed on the car before being able to access it via laptop because of the need for a power source.
(#1254)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 02-14-2011, 02:57 PM

Thank you.

I was losing my mind until that thought occurred to me.
(#1255)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM

Dumb Question: I have downloaded the latest software and firmware, now what do I do? How do I update the JB4 module?

Tried searching the thread without luck (52 pages and growing is a wealth of information, but not easily found). Thanks in advance!
(#1256)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 04:20 PM

You just go upload firmware from interface and select HEX file to upload.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1257)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You just go upload firmware from interface and select HEX file to upload.
Now I feel dumb, I should have looked before asking. Thanks for your help!
(#1258)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 07:31 PM

If any of you "lonely hearts" have time tonight/tomorrow morning and want to help the cause I have some new firmware that needs logging. While I'm out with the wife pretending I'm not thinking of work...

Just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1259)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
If any of you "lonely hearts" have time tonight/tomorrow morning and want to help the cause I have some new firmware that needs logging. While I'm out with the wife pretending I'm not thinking of work...

Just email me.
I might be able to help tomorrow :D
(#1260)
Old

Car: e92 n54 xi
Default 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Just email me.
Emailed...I'll even bring the mrs with to help log!
(#1261)
Old

Default 02-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
We sell and support the CM progressive kits. The new trunk mount fully integrated kit is nice and pretty easy to install. And compatible with 70/30 meth mixtures and soon hopefully compatible with 100% meth too.

I've had some customers email asking if they can use the $250 basic kit and just mount the pump in the engine bay and push the pickup in the washer fluid res. We've tried it before and it didn't work consistently but I'll do more testing. That would be a nice "ease of install" option if we can get the pump sucking properly.
Hey T, can you explain the bold portion of what you said? Are the new CM tanks suppose to be compatible with 100% meth?!?!
(#1262)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 07:59 PM

The tank and pump have always been 100% compatible. It's just the flow sensor that can lock up with pure meth. So CM is testing something new and better. I hope to start testing it myself in a week or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#1263)
Old

Default 02-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
The tank and pump have always been 100% compatible. It's just the flow sensor that can lock up with pure meth. So CM is testing something new and better. I hope to start testing it myself in a week or two.
Cant wait to see that! Im ready to get a kit and use the progressive meth!
(#1264)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 02-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:

Just email me.
IM IN!!
(#1265)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 09:31 PM

OK got plenty of takers. Thanks for the help guys!

Burger Motorsports

(#1266)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM

Lolz, I was just about to email you cuz I drive vast distances to work until March, plenty of opportunity to enjoy some spirited runs...
(#1267)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM

If all goes well I'll post it in a day or two.

Burger Motorsports

(#1268)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM

So how many Mac users running JB4 interface?

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR ** | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1269)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-15-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i

I do. I work on PCs all day long, if it wasn't for Microsoft I wouldn't have a job!
That being said, I don't want to come home to work on my own machine!

Love my Mac
(#1270)
Old

Default 02-15-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Jnic,
Do you have a HOW TO on getting this to run proper on the MAC??? I know I would love to be able to do this as well.

(#1271)
Old

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-15-2011, 08:40 AM

install a virtual host such as vmware fusion, or parallels. Then install windows as a virtual machine. Once you have windows installed, install JB4 drivers and application. Connect JB4. profit.
(#1272)
Old
Boost

Car: The Short Bus
Default 02-15-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I tried it and it works fine with VMware on OSX 10.6.2.
I also tried with no problems on my Linux netbook using virtualbox.
I just got the cheap netbook because it fits perfectly under the false floor in the trunk and I really don't feel like leaving a $3k 17" Macbook Pro laying in the car.
I'm sure it would work with any cheapo win7 netbook too.
(#1273)
Old
Boost

Car: The Short Bus
Default 02-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
Jnic,
Do you have a HOW TO on getting this to run proper on the MAC??? I know I would love to be able to do this as well.
Virtualbox is a good alternative to Parallels (I hate them personally) or VMWare- and it's FREE!
(#1274)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-15-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
Jnic,
Like above have said you can use bootcamp, Parallels, or VMware Fusion. I personally like VMware. Once you have that installed just pop in a windows cd and you are good to go! I love being able to run two OS's on one computer! Looks like a lot of mac users on the board!

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR ** | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1275)
Old

Default 02-15-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Like above have said you can use bootcamp, Parallels, or VMware Fusion. I personally like VMware. Once you have that installed just pop in a windows cd and you are good to go! I love being able to run two OS's on one computer! Looks like a lot of mac users on the board!
Good stuff man! I have been cautious of using bootcamp as I can see getting viruses from the Window world...

So back to the real fun here, what mods are required to run Map 7 at the track? Would FMIC, **'s, Intake, and race gas make it happen?

Thanks,