N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M240i
Default Duty bias and fuel bias - 09-14-2019, 01:43 AM

If I were to adjust the duty bias and fuel bias values how does this affect how the car will run, in other words how will I know to adjust these when looking at a data log.

I'm trying to figure out what each value of the jb4 does and how changing it will affect the way the car runs.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-16-2019, 11:53 AM

Duty bias will only work if you have EWG connector added.
Fuel bias does nothing for this platform at the moment.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 09-16-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Duty bias will only work if you have EWG connector added.
Fuel bias does nothing for this platform at the moment.
I do have the EWG connector added and I'm also running an MHD BEF, so how does adjust the duty bias effect what I'm seeing on my logs?

Right now I'm trying to figure out why I'm not hitting boost target, currently I'm running a custom map 7 that tapers up to 18 psi but right now I'm only seeing a peak of about 16-16.5psi. I'm not seeing any throttle closures or timing drops or anything that would indicate why the car is pulling boost back.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-17-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colauk
I do have the EWG connector added and I'm also running an MHD BEF, so how does adjust the duty bias effect what I'm seeing on my logs?

Right now I'm trying to figure out why I'm not hitting boost target, currently I'm running a custom map 7 that tapers up to 18 psi but right now I'm only seeing a peak of about 16-16.5psi. I'm not seeing any throttle closures or timing drops or anything that would indicate why the car is pulling boost back.
Got it! Post the CSV file so I can check it out and I'll let you know what to adjust and how the things work so you'd get a better understanding

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 09-18-2019, 10:29 PM

Log file attached.

What is the difference between map 6 and map 7 with meth disabled? I've just noticed that on map 6 the boost curve follows what I have set in the jb4 but map7 doesn't, it looks more look an additive boost curve.

Thanks for the responses.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 1568870780813_0_2019-09-19 06_06_13_Gear-4_Map-6.csv (11.1 KB, 20 views)
(#6)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 09-19-2019, 03:55 AM

I will change AutoShift Boost R to 10 and increase FF Wastegate adaptation to 45 .. log again

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.64 @129mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#7)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp
I will change AutoShift Boost R to 10 and increase FF Wastegate adaptation to 45 .. log again
Thanks for the feedback

Increased boost redux to 10 and increased FF to 45 and it has caused major throttle closures.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-09-19 19_45_57_Gear-3_Map-6.csv (6.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 1_2019-09-19 19_47_34_Gear-3_Map-6.csv (7.5 KB, 11 views)
(#8)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 09-19-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colauk

If I'm not mistaken, the BEF might be purposely set so boost is about 1-2 psi below target.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#9)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 06:28 PM

You should wait for Payam to respond/assist, but I see no reason to use the Auto boost reduction or to have adjusted FF. I see that you bias settings are driving down boost. 50= stock(no adjustment), below50= drives boost level lower, above 50 drives boost level higher. Try starting at 50 across all RPMs and let the car learn in over multiple pulls. Then relog and check. You can then adjust bias up or down by the RPM points. I use increments of 5.

I do believe, as RDiesel stated, our setup likes to be slightly under target. It's just happier there... Lol. BEF sets fuel curve pretty well and FOL is generally 0 or a lower #. You have it at 65, trims don't seem to need that, so if drop to 40 and check that separately after the above test. Keep lowering until trims go up a bit. I like to hover around 35-45.

My .02 for now.
(#10)
Old

Default 09-19-2019, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I do remember Terry saying that the boost is purposely set lower but I forgot about that haha

JBoe I've done what you have recommended and I'll run some more logs once I've finished work today and see how it performs.

Can anyone explain the difference between map 6 and map 7 with meth disabled? I assumed they would follow the same user settings but my map 7 seems to be an additive map and doesn't follow the tapered boost curve that I have set.
(#11)
Old

Default 09-20-2019, 06:48 AM

It's on first page/post in the BEF thread. B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Map 7 uses additive... You're at 40 right now. Raising that will up the boost. I generally do increments of 5 on that as well. If you don't have WMI, in my opinion, there's no need to be on map 7.
(#12)
Old

Default 09-21-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
It's on first page/post in the BEF thread. B58 MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Map 7 uses additive... You're at 40 right now. Raising that will up the boost. I generally do increments of 5 on that as well. If you don't have WMI, in my opinion, there's no need to be on map 7.
I'm but even sure how I missed that, I've read through that page plenty of times.
(#13)
Old

Default 10-02-2019, 12:20 PM

*update*

I've spent the last few days having a play around with the settings to try and get the car to a point that I'm happy with.

Right now I'm getting throttle closures early on in the rpm which I'm not sure how to fix.

Also as the rpm climbs the boost is pretty much spot on with the target until I hit roughly 16.5 psi then it will level out regardless of the boost target.

I'm also getting a big timing drop on cylinder 1 at the top end too which seems to be a wall I hit at this level of boost so I'm guessing I'm at the limit of my octane.

Overall the car pulls strong and linear which is what I'm after, the big kick in the back of torque low down is somewhat gone but the car feels like it pulls stronger and stronger the more you rev it. More like a sports car and less like a turbo diesel.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-10-02 19_50_50_Gear-3_Map-6.csv (6.3 KB, 18 views)