N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-09-2019, 02:57 PM

How you solve the issue would depend on exactly what your issue is.

Slow cold starting is either a fuel pump issue or a fuel scalar issue. Email in a log and the BEF loaded and I can check it out. We had made some revisions to the cold start tables and I'm not sure if they have been posted yet.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#177)
Old

Car: M3 f80
Default 03-10-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS

Slow cold starting is either a fuel pump issue or a fuel scalar issue. Email in a log and the BEF loaded and I can check it out. We had made some revisions to the cold start tables and I'm not sure if they have been posted yet.
I think I sorted it out terry.

I changed futureDbit 2 on increasing fuel crank pressure and also changed FOL to 70.

I'll run some logs for you and see what you think also just installed new NGK 2 step plugs i got from BMS gaped to 0.20 and car seems to run sweet this morning on the way to work loosing traction in 4th is a good sign lol....

i think the E85 in Australia is really strong as iv seen on other members posts needing to lean it out a little with some 98.

Last edited by CICCO; 03-12-2019 at 12:55 PM..
(#178)
Old

Car: M4
Default 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM

Hi Terry,

I bought JB4 last month and using on my car (F82/M4) now. In my country (China) only have 93 Octane (98 RON), no E85. Can I used this S55 JB4 BEF for my car? I am worried that it will damage my engine.
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2019, 05:24 PM

Load up the RACE BEF and post a log on map2 to start so we can evaluate it, should be fine.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:

See attached let me know what you think.
One run is map 6 and second run map 7.
Attached Images

(#181)
Old

Default 03-15-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Load up the RACE BEF and post a log on map2 to start so we can evaluate it, should be fine.
Okay, Thanks. I will try next week.

But will you provide the street version in the future?
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-15-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CICCO
See attached let me know what you think.
One run is map 6 and second run map 7.
Add the CSV itself here so I can check that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#183)
Old

Default 03-19-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I want to ask if I use RACE BEF, any hardware(ex. NGK 97506 etc...) should upgrade?

My modification below now:
1. BMC filter.
2. Full akrapovic exhaust.
3. JB4 (map 2).

Last edited by Darkpurple; 03-19-2019 at 09:40 PM..
(#184)
Old

Default 03-19-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Add the CSV itself here so I can check that out.
Map 6 and map 7 full e85 cvs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-14 18_49_13 Map-7-e85.csv (11.3 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by CICCO; 03-19-2019 at 09:51 PM..
(#185)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default Log file - 03-24-2019, 09:31 PM

Terry, Ive attached a log of a run through the gears. Using map2 with backend RACE map. I topped off my tank with 2.1 gallons of E85 for the first time. Just hoping you could take a quick peek and let me know what you see.

Is there anyway to see E85 content on my JB4 mobile app? The E85 gauge just reads 0 always. Thought that might be a readout of ethanol content. I have no way of measuring otherwise and dont know how many gallons would equal out to E30-40.

Thanks for your time!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-24 22_31_35_Map-2.csv (26.5 KB, 71 views)
(#186)
Old

Default 03-27-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Please Help.....!!!

I flashed BEF Via MHD today. I followed official structure and flashed successful(RACE BEF and MAP 2). But When I tried to log data, I found that sputter and misfire @ a high RPM in 3rd, 4th gear 6200rpm.

It showed error on my car and error message below:
https://imgur.com/poaHQoO
https://imgur.com/b7IpeIW

I need help now.....How to solved this problem?
Thank you very much!!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 01_27_28_Map-2.csv (71.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Darkpurple; 03-27-2019 at 01:17 PM..
(#187)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 04-24-2019, 02:58 AM

[QUOTE=CICCO;625977]I'm having a similar issue also running full e85 and bef e85_IGN.

Was working very well for about 2 tanks of e85 and now it's struggles to start sometimes and the exhaust burble dosent work all the time for some reason.

I have tryed to flash the bef 3 times now and it's still doing the same thing.

I hope MHD are working on it ASAP or is this something you can assist with terry?

FYI I have ordered the 2 step cold spark plugs from BMS would this help the situation?[/Q

Just thought I'd offer my experience here being in Melbourne. I'm running E70 so I can run 25-26psi with no fuel issues and pump out 370 plus rwkw on the Mainline dyno in Oz. My car is totally stock hardware even OEM air intake and plugs (gapped closer). There has been a few Stage 2 s55s with different flashes of course with *** and fbo hardware on the same dyno making only 320rwkw. So I'm very happy with my result while maintaining full refinement 😁 Logs are spot on as verified many times by Terry and Payam.

I'm also running the earlier high timing jb4 s55 E85 IGN flash before cold start fuel scalar adjustment. I found after the fuel scalar revisions it made my car stall when using the stop start function. No issues at all with the earlier version.

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpurple
Please Help.....!!!

I flashed BEF Via MHD today. I followed official structure and flashed successful(RACE BEF and MAP 2). But When I tried to log data, I found that sputter and misfire @ a high RPM in 3rd, 4th gear 6200rpm.

I need help now.....How to solved this problem?
Thank you very much!!!
Log isn't under boost so I can't see much there. Post is a few weeks old, get it sorted?

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old

Default 04-27-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I think the issue we had recently was with the timing2 and timing3 tables not being adjusted. Email me the BEF you're working with and I'll check them, reply with the latest XDF.
Hi Terry

Im running the version 13 E85 ign file one of the earlier high timing flashes before cold start fuel scalars adjustments ( I found these adjustments detrimental to my stop/start function and would often stall).

So my question is do I need the revised XDF files too?

My flash is the original high timing v13 ign E85.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-21 10_38_44_Map-6.csv (25.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-21 10_40_21_Map-6.csv (34.6 KB, 66 views)

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2019, 09:13 PM

The XDF files are only relevant if modifying your file. If what you have is working well for you roll with it!

On the fuel scalar revisions make sure the JB4 side cold start option and open loop settings are adjusted or you can have issues with the new maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old

Default 04-28-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
The XDF files are only relevant if modifying your file. If what you have is working well for you roll with it!

On the fuel scalar revisions make sure the JB4 side cold start option and open loop settings are adjusted or you can have issues with the new maps.
Ok tx Terry. Yeah so in the Jb4, I have enabled FUD Bit 2 E85 cold start... and my FOL is 60. With s55 E85 ign latest version car does not start smoothly and sometimes fail to start when auto stop/start function is ON. But on the very first version of the high timing s55 E85 ign flash, it has no issues.

Also, i noticed in the dyno logs above, timing is still around 10-11 deg until well past 6000rpm.. is this behaviour set by the flash or do iats or other factors come into play..

(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2019, 09:20 AM

Timing is always based on several additive factors, the base tables we set in the BEF, the IAT and engine temp factors we rescale in the flash, long term learned trims, and some other factors we don't have control over. Are you trying to get more or less timing?

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old

Default 04-28-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Timing is always based on several additive factors, the base tables we set in the BEF, the IAT and engine temp factors we rescale in the flash, long term learned trims, and some other factors we don't have control over. Are you trying to get more or less timing?
Not really. Obviously as long as the flash is working as it should and timing is delivered in a safe way Im satisfied. I was just curious as to why some logs are showing even 14-15 deg of timing before 6000 rpm and whether there are other variables involved rather than just what you set it to from the flash. Obviously my iats were very high and climbing on the Dyno. Dyno fans did not work lol.

(#194)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-26-2019, 01:33 AM

Hello Terry,

I'm in contact with MHD Tuning in Germany. I've asked about the GTS DCT tunes and they said the update
is out since two weeks and available to flash. If I'm using JB4 with MHD as BEF, I guess I gotta wait until a
new map from BMS ist out before I can use this, right? (as I don't see any GTS option in the options view).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rgds. Rene

Last edited by zwizz; 06-27-2019 at 01:48 AM..
(#195)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwizz
Hello Terry,

I'm in contact with MHD Tuning in Germany. I've asked about the GTS DCT tunes and they said the update
is out since two weeks and available to flash. If I'm using JB4 with MHD as BEF, I guess I gotta wait until a
new map from BMS ist out before I can use this, right? (as I don't see any GTS option in the options view).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rgds. Rene
Sorry, me again. I found the settings. I always went in Backend Flash instead normal flash option. The settings for CS/GTS DCT flash are inside there.

Rgds. Rene
(#196)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2019, 09:04 AM

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-27-2019, 09:35 PM

Noticed any difference after the gts flash?
(#198)
Old

Default 06-27-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrS24
Noticed any difference after the gts flash?
Definitely! The gears are shifted harder, especially in the higher RPM range you will notice a great
difference to stock ZCP DCT flash. But I still got the jerking and kangarooing in the 1st gear... not
sure if that's DCT related or can be solved by any other flash. Driving an M4 ZCP with JB4, Map 5,
with the latest MHD BEF, GTS DCT flash and modified middle exhaust.

The jerking and kangarooing appears only with M button, S3 and Sport+ of course, not with D/D3.

PS: I've flashed it only because it's free of charge with MHD - as single tune I wouldn't pay for it...

Rgds. Rene

Last edited by zwizz; 06-27-2019 at 10:23 PM..
(#199)
Old

Car: 2016 F10 M5 Comp, UK.
Default 07-07-2019, 02:40 AM

I cant seem to find anything for MHD BEF for S63tu, Ive been through all 8 pages, am I looking in the wrong place or hasnt it been released yet?

Thanks
(#200)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 07-11-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwizz
Definitely! The gears are shifted harder, especially in the higher RPM range you will notice a great
difference to stock ZCP DCT flash. But I still got the jerking and kangarooing in the 1st gear... not
sure if that's DCT related or can be solved by any other flash. Driving an M4 ZCP with JB4, Map 5,
with the latest MHD BEF, GTS DCT flash and modified middle exhaust.

The jerking and kangarooing appears only with M button, S3 and Sport+ of course, not with D/D3.

PS: I've flashed it only because it's free of charge with MHD - as single tune I wouldn't pay for it...

Rgds. Rene
I did the gts and in 1st kept feeling like it was slipping then hit hard after that and then goes, changed the flash to the CS flash. it went away and shifts harder than normal and no problem. I guess try and see what works for you

2018 Individual Tanzanite Blue Competition M4