N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 10-23-2018, 07:29 AM

This raises a good question, as everyone thought the power box was useless and just a placebo effect. It woke up the n52 for sure, as as a stock car is horrible on. takeoff. So my question is I'm swapping a n54 in my n52 car,.since it's hooked up, can i just keep it ?
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2018, 09:07 PM

The N54 is a different animal, you'll use a JB4 for that.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: Audi A4
Default 10-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven0five
Will the VW Pedal Tuner work with Audi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I would assume yes, but if you can grab a picture of your pedal connection. I can confirm for you
Here is a picture of the connector. This is from a B9 A4.

Thanks
Attached Images

(#29)
Old

Car: 2010 535
Default 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM

Terry, will this work on a 2012 N63 550?

2012 550i M sport - JB stage 1
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven0five
Here is a picture of the connector. This is from a B9 A4.

Thanks
It's not compatible with the B9 S4 Audi, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535_BiTurbo
Terry, will this work on a 2012 N63 550?
Yes!

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Car: 2011 550i Manual
Default 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM

Got my pedal tuner on Friday and did the install. I figured I would give it a try since so many people comment on pedal tuners making a big difference and I've always felt the car was rather sluggish for the power it has.

Install couldn't be easier and it set up just as the video showed. Testing on a partial throttle while switching maps in neutral shows the unit does change the pedal input as shown on the video so it is working. As for driving the car, I don't notice much difference, there is some but even on the most aggressive setting, it is not a big difference at all. That being said, my 550i is a manual transmission car so perhaps it would be much more pronounced with an auto trans in play.

I only drove it around long enough to get the temp up and play a little but late on a Friday night is not exactly when you want to be tearing around so I'll try to get a drive in later this week. At the price, if it helps the response a little as it seemed to, I am okay with it. Ultimately, I need to get some free time and get a meth system done so I can add the BCM and up the boost.

2011 550i 6MT
(#33)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 11-06-2018, 08:00 PM

I've been running the pedal tuner for almost 2 weeks now. It is a welcomed addition and the car should've already performed this way. Car is responisive in a good way. Acceleration is faster with less pedal input. It really feels nice to have instant part throttle power and torque. I've run all modes and all feel good. I don't think I gained much from maxing out the red setting though. Normal red is quick but still feels natural. Taking off from a standstill feels amazing. I feel like I have all this tuned fbo power under more direct control to be released at any moments notice. The car just feels overall improved and more like a performance car. The only draw back is you will use alot more gas with the aggressive setting and driving style. Ive adjusted to the pedal now and run red mode daily. I know how to ease on the pedal to avoid taking off fast and wasting fuel. I may switch down to a lower mode when i dont feel like concentrating on pedal input especially in colder weather. Glad i got it! This device is a must have. No more running stock for me!
(#34)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 11-07-2018, 06:43 AM

Are there any benefits with running the Pedal Tuner on a f30 335 where you can set Gas Pedal Mapping to 5 and switch to Sport mode to make it very responsive?

F30 335i PWG AT l MHD Stage 2+ E30 l WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF C.P l FTP Outlet l FTP Inlet l GFB DV+ l OCC l NGK 97506 .020 l Stage 2 LPFP l Resonator Delete w/ Stock Muffler
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2018, 04:18 PM

The factory adjustable pedal mapping largely mitigates the benefit on those. The pedal tuner is compatible, but may not be worth it for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: BMW 230i xDrive
Default 11-10-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iE91
Does the pedal tuner reduce/elliminate the throttle delay when moving from a standstill, or only when your on the gas/moving already?
It really helps when moving from a standstill but does not eliminate it completely. I just reinstalled it in my new car after my other F22 got totalled and the difference is great. I personally use it only on the least agressive setting (green) and it really helps in comfort with throttle and will use the orange setting on twisty roads. For the price point compared to other pedal tuner it's great and better (from my personal experience on a different car) than the sprintbooster.

I just wish I could find strips of the velcro that originally came with it since it was probably the most amazing velcro I ever saw.

'18 230i xDrive // Black Met // Coral Red // M-Sport // 719M Black // BM3 // BMS Intake // BMS OCC // Dinan Axleback // Roof Rack // 365 days of fun
(#37)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 28i xDrive
Default 12-20-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru
Does anybody know if this product will help any at 0-60mph or even a hwy pull from 60 mph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No, it does not increase net performance. Just improves partial throttle response and power.
OK, improved throttle response means the engine reacts faster to throttle inputs.

I'm sorry, but how does this not result in an improved 0-60 time. I know I'm simplifying things, but this would be the equivalent to a great holeshot versus an average or bad one, which will absolutely impact your 0-60 time.
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 05:45 PM

Because you could just push the dash pedal down faster on your own if you wanted.

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old
NFITY5

Car: 2011 135 6spd
Default 02-14-2019, 08:41 PM

Will installing the pedal tuner on my 135 basically do the same thing that the power button does in my e92 M3. Eliminates all lag. Takes the pedal thats usually desensitized and makes it sensitive??? I love the way the me feels with the power button on.
(#40)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-15-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroms135
Will installing the pedal tuner on my 135 basically do the same thing that the power button does in my e92 M3. Eliminates all lag. Takes the pedal thats usually desensitized and makes it sensitive??? I love the way the me feels with the power button on.
Yes, exactly. You also have different settings on how sensitive you want it!
Really cool product, we sell tons of them with positive feedback.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old
NFITY5

Default 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM

Awesome. Sounds like a product I'll be buying. If it reacts anything like the power button on the e92 M3 there is a huge difference in pedal sensitivity. Will be purchasing shortly and leave feedback after install.
(#42)
Old
NFITY5

Default 03-04-2019, 03:35 PM

Just purchased the pedal tuner. Pedal feels great now. No “lag” if you will. Before it seemed as if there was dead space at the top of the pedal. Now it reacts with the slightest movement of the pedal. Definitely recommend
(#43)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-10-2019, 09:52 AM

No problem at all with this product and I agree with all of the positive things that have been said here. What p!sses me off though is thinking back to how an army of @**holes with ZERO personal experience tore a strip off me a few years back when I added PedalBox to my JB4 and posted that the results were great. I was basically called a shill and a moron, so I just left it alone and have been quietly enjoying the improvement without bothering to share anymore. To be fair, I can't remember if it was this board, I actually think it was another BMW forum that many here frequent. In any event, when I turn the PB off now it literally feels like there's something wrong with the car...easily the next biggest seat-of-the pants improvement after JB4 (and YES, I know it doesn't add any HP...let's not even go there ).
(#44)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwrefugee2
No problem at all with this product and I agree with all of the positive things that have been said here. What p!sses me off though is thinking back to how an army of @**holes with ZERO personal experience tore a strip off me a few years back when I added PedalBox to my JB4 and posted that the results were great. I was basically called a shill and a moron, so I just left it alone and have been quietly enjoying the improvement without bothering to share anymore. To be fair, I can't remember if it was this board, I actually think it was another BMW forum that many here frequent. In any event, when I turn the PB off now it literally feels like there's something wrong with the car...easily the next biggest seat-of-the pants improvement after JB4 (and YES, I know it doesn't add any HP...let's not even go there ).
Makes the car more comfortable to drive with IMO. I totally agree!!

Burger Motorsports