N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#901)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 12-07-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you're happy with how it runs keep on rolling. A lot of guys were not happy with the F PWG ISO programming, so we've improved the F PWG integrated firmware to accomidate.

You can solder another diode on (it's a generic 50v diode), upgrade to a V2 board at a discount, or send that board in and we'll solder it back for you, as need be. If using a V1 board still good opportunity to move up to V2.
Whew, ok good. Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I thought the diode was gone forever so I didn't worry about it. I appreciate the multiple options!

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#902)
Old

Car: 2014 650i Gran Coupe M sport
Default 12-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Any chance of BEF for S63tu?
(#903)
Old

Car: 2012 F30 335i
Default 01-10-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
If you're happy with how it runs keep on rolling. A lot of guys were not happy with the F PWG ISO programming, so we've improved the F PWG integrated firmware to accomidate.

You can solder another diode on (it's a generic 50v diode), upgrade to a V2 board at a discount, or send that board in and we'll solder it back for you, as need be. If using a V1 board still good opportunity to move up to V2.
Whats the difference between the V1 and V2 boards?
(#904)
Old

Car: 535i GT 2011
Default 01-12-2019, 12:42 PM

@terry
What are the target boost for map 1 and map2? I'm using map 7 and It targets 18.5 psi

2011 535i f07 custom pipe after turbo, VRSF CP, K&N CAI, E40+ BEF
(#905)
Old

Car: 2015 335i
Default F30 n55 BEF issues - 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM

I am currently running the jb4 and I am trying to put a back end flash I purchased the bimmergeeks cable with the cable to connect to the tablet I just purchased off amazon. I downloaded the MHD app and I unplugged my cable for the jb4 and plugged in the bimmergeeks cable that I got off their website and then opened up the MHD app and plugged the cable into the tablet, clicked on MHD license store so I can purchase a license but it just keep saying it cannot connect to dme. Iíve tried it multiple different ways. I have the switch on the cable all the way to the right Iíve tried it all on the different switches I have my ignition on Iím not sure what I am doing wrong or what else to do.
(#906)
Old

Car: M135i
Default Adding BEF to JB4 - 01-31-2019, 09:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

First post here, I've read through most of this thread but have a couple of questions which I would be grateful for your support.

At the moment I have an EWG M135i with a JB4, have the additional TMAP3.5 Sensor and a custom Map 6 tune. Only bolt on is a Sports *** and the dyno print out shows 406bhp.

I have been running this setup for over 12 months now and would like the idea of adding a MHD BEF to improve the power delivery as traction is a bit of an issue.

My questions are:

1- I am based in the UK and don't plan on using methanol so the best fuel rating I can use is 99RON (93OCT Equivalent) Which BEF map would be best for me?

2 - Do I need to alter any additional settings with having the TMAP sensor?

3 - This may sound obvious, but to install the BEF I unplug my JB4 from my cars OBD and then plugin the KDCAN cable in to the OBD. I am just unsure how the JB4 interacts with the MHD if not plugged in to the OBD?

For now I think that's everything.. I'd just like to make sure I fully understand the requirements before I look to move any further.

TIA
(#907)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-31-2019, 09:25 PM

1) The standard RACE file, then log and we can evaluate.
2) No the JB4 continues to handle all MAP sensor voltage conversions.
3) After loading you plug back in the JB4.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#908)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 02-01-2019, 02:39 AM

Thanks Terry.

Just need to get myself all of the equipment needed then.

Presumably I would use the data logs from the JB4 and send them over? I haven't logged myself previously, but I do have the data cable and a laptop.

Any tips for logging?

TIA
(#909)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 02-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Stability control off. Log in from 2.5K to 6K. I use fourth gear but I'm sure you could do Fifth or even third. Terry likes it too if you row through the gears! (safely)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#910)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR 37
Thanks Terry.

Just need to get myself all of the equipment needed then.

Presumably I would use the data logs from the JB4 and send them over? I haven't logged myself previously, but I do have the data cable and a laptop.

Any tips for logging?

TIA
Yes data cable is great if on a budget, but if you're a high roller the JB4 mobile adapter to log to your phone is the way to go.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#911)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X6 35i
Default 02-04-2019, 06:41 AM

Is there any BEF Map updates?

Project Succubus - 2015 Estoril Blue M235i F23
Sponsors: SoloWerks, Extreme PowerHouse, and AEM Intake Systems
(#912)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2019, 10:47 AM

We're always working on things but the latest public maps are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#913)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW X6 35i
Default 02-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
We're always working on things but the latest public maps are in the first post.
Was just curious as they are from 8/18

Project Succubus - 2015 Estoril Blue M235i F23
Sponsors: SoloWerks, Extreme PowerHouse, and AEM Intake Systems
(#914)
Old

Car: M135i 2014 EWG JB4 MAP 2 + MHD BEF *****
Default 02-11-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConR 37
Hello Everyone,

First post here, I've read through most of this thread but have a couple of questions which I would be grateful for your support.

At the moment I have an EWG M135i with a JB4, have the additional TMAP3.5 Sensor and a custom Map 6 tune. Only bolt on is a Sports *** and the dyno print out shows 406bhp.

I have been running this setup for over 12 months now and would like the idea of adding a MHD BEF to improve the power delivery as traction is a bit of an issue.

My questions are:

1- I am based in the UK and don't plan on using methanol so the best fuel rating I can use is 99RON (93OCT Equivalent) Which BEF map would be best for me?

2 - Do I need to alter any additional settings with having the TMAP sensor?

3 - This may sound obvious, but to install the BEF I unplug my JB4 from my cars OBD and then plugin the KDCAN cable in to the OBD. I am just unsure how the JB4 interacts with the MHD if not plugged in to the OBD?

For now I think that's everything.. I'd just like to make sure I fully understand the requirements before I look to move any further.

TIA

Hi I'm a bit confused here a as I have same mods as urself and asked the same questio was told to use the PUMP flsh not the RACE as I was only using pump fuel (shell v power 99 ron in the UK) should i be on the RACE BEF ?...
(#915)
Old

Car: m235i
Default 02-11-2019, 06:01 PM

Can we use the MHD app while running the JB4 BEF for monitoring or logging and how? cause I dont have the JB4 bluetooth.
(#916)
Old

Default 02-12-2019, 04:09 AM

Terry where do you recommend we post logs now that you have the integrated PWG firmware back on board. (also for those equipped with BEFs)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#917)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-12-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_m235i
Can we use the MHD app while running the JB4 BEF for monitoring or logging and how? cause I dont have the JB4 bluetooth.
Get the data cable or bluetooth for JB4 datalogging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
Terry where do you recommend we post logs now that you have the integrated PWG firmware back on board. (also for those equipped with BEFs)
Post in the support section.

Burger Motorsports

(#918)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55
Default 02-13-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedX
Was just curious as they are from 8/18
I was wondering the same thing on the BEF updates.

2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG
Injen CAI/ER CP/VRSF C-less DPipe/Active A FMIC/JB4 v3 - Map 7/e50/Custom tuned exhaust/stock turbo/Resonator Delete/MHD & JB4 e85 BEF/Stage 2 LPFP Walbro 450
Summer '19 install: Speedtech BW 8374/PI & Tune by Trebila
(#919)
Old

Default 02-25-2019, 08:00 PM

BMS, can you guys support modifying the BEF for those of us that want to go the upgraded TTFS HPFP route? Allegedly the flash tune needs to be changed, etc. or the car won't even start!

(#920)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 02-28-2019, 11:44 AM

I got an update from the Play Store:

Code:
WHAT'S NEW
♦ v1.11 ♦
- Added on N55 an xHP setting (transmission choice page) for OTS maps.
- Added on N55 a linear throttle (flash option).
- XDI pumps support (flash option).
- N55 EWG maps v1.08: fixed boost target drops when targt rail pressure is changing.
- Added some default min/max values for common log channels.
- Minor bugfixes.
EDIT: I just realized I'm not sure if you modify the MHD files for JB4 owners, or if you provide your own files from scratch.

2011 535i M-Sport - MHD Stage 2+ BEF w/ JB4 (logging), xHP Stage 3, BMS Intake, FMIC, ER Chargepipe, RM Motors catted d/p, Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust
(#921)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 03-01-2019, 07:52 AM

MHD app said I need a one-time bench flash to unlock my late model DME. I can have it out in 15 minutes. Once out and boxed, what address do I send it for flashing. I tried contacting Wedge but emails have stalled.
(#922)
Old

Default 03-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
1) The standard RACE file, then log and we can evaluate.
2) No the JB4 continues to handle all MAP sensor voltage conversions.
3) After loading you plug back in the JB4.
Terry,

Would there be a reason not to use RACE with 93 fuel?

My timing on Cyl 5 and 6 stays at 0 throughout the pull, I'm confused as to whether this is considered a "timing drop" or if timing drop is delta throughout the run say from 10 to 6. I always thought it was the latter.

Last edited by Marlinman; 03-05-2019 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: delete word
(#923)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Curious if you have an update, as I would like to do an xHP flash to my transmission. I have heard there are issues with a custom flash through MHD (your BEF) and the xHP flash. Please advise what I should do? The current map is 8/18, well before the xHP release

Thanks again for all of your help and time spent on this!

Quote:

(#924)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 03-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril_AJ
Curious if you have an update, as I would like to do an xHP flash to my transmission. I have heard there are issues with a custom flash through MHD (your BEF) and the xHP flash. Please advise what I should do? The current map is 8/18, well before the xHP release

Thanks again for all of your help and time spent on this!
I didn't have any issues flashing xHP, granted I'm in a F10 n55 8-spd. What issues are you hearing about?

2011 535i M-Sport - MHD Stage 2+ BEF w/ JB4 (logging), xHP Stage 3, BMS Intake, FMIC, ER Chargepipe, RM Motors catted d/p, Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust
(#925)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-13-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay
I didn't have any issues flashing xHP, granted I'm in a F10 n55 8-spd. What issues are you hearing about?
A couple people on the MHD group on Facebook were mentioning an issue with custom tunes and xHP. However, if you are saying you did not experience these issues, maybe the BEF is ok? I have an F30 N55 8Speed EWG, so we have very similar cars.
I am strongly considering this upgrade, any feedback? I have yet to speak to someone that has both JB4 BEF MHD and xHP on our N55