N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 06-18-2018, 01:18 AM

Hello!

I have the same problem as Phataxe described! Now with MHD flasher PWG1 BEF I am getting about once or two in a week a CEL Luckily no reduced power mode. The codes are following what on the attached picture.
The CEL lights up when driving normaly, smooth... about 20% pedal or just cruise control switched on or making smooth accelerations.
Is it because I have ca less dow. pipe and the CO is bad and BEF map has someting wrong in with it?
Before I was running MHD Stage 2 OTS and JB4 only and I never got CEL.

Can we wait some adjustment also for I drive screen sport displays (Nm and HP gauges)?
Attached Images

2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 PWG_INT_13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_3 // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
(#702)
Old

Car: '09 BMW 335i
Default 06-18-2018, 04:04 AM

Now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't seen that code in weeks. I usually get it almost every time I drive. Been distracted with the annoying 120308 which Terry finally disabled in the BEF I'm on. Now to wait on MHD to code out the one for MAFless

F30 335i PWG AT l MHD Stage 2+ E30 l WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF C.P l FTP Outlet l FTP Inlet l GFB DV+ l OCC l NGK 97506 .020 l Stage 2 LPFP l Resonator Delete w/ Stock Muffler
(#703)
Old

Car: 2011 535i M-Sport
Default 06-18-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
Hello!

I have the same problem as Phataxe described! Now with MHD flasher PWG1 BEF I am getting about once or two in a week a CEL Luckily no reduced power mode. The codes are following what on the attached picture.
The CEL lights up when driving normaly, smooth... about 20% pedal or just cruise control switched on or making smooth accelerations.
Is it because I have ca less dow. pipe and the CO is bad and BEF map has someting wrong in with it?
Before I was running MHD Stage 2 OTS and JB4 only and I never got CEL.

Can we wait some adjustment also for I drive screen sport displays (Nm and HP gauges)?
You're on an old build. The current one is PWG1_RACE_2d (and before that it was just "2").

Not saying that's the cause, but I'd definitely try upgrading.

2011 535i M-Sport - MHD Stage 2+ BEF w/ JB4 (logging), xHP Stage 3, BMS Intake, FMIC, ER Chargepipe, RM Motors catted d/p, Megan Racing Supremo Exhaust
(#704)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 07:44 AM

Neejay, thank for your help.
About a 2 weeks ago I updated to vers. "2", the screenshot is made before
Negative side is that with this vers. "2" I still get CEL in same situations.
So, today I'am going to make "2d" update and hopefully it helps...

//JB4 PWG_INT_13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_3 // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
(#705)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 06-20-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you want us to look it over attach a JB4 log of what you're trying to do!
I'm trying to see if it would even be safe to run the E85 BEF on PWG firmware running an upgraded turbo with stock fuel system at 17PSI. Right now on 93 it looks fine but I'm using the RACE BEF. My HPFP appears to be okay so I wondered what a little e85 (3 gal) might do for me.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#706)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2018, 04:44 PM

Only one way to find out?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#707)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-20-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman
I'm trying to see if it would even be safe to run the E85 BEF on PWG firmware running an upgraded turbo with stock fuel system at 17PSI. Right now on 93 it looks fine but I'm using the RACE BEF. My HPFP appears to be okay so I wondered what a little e85 (3 gal) might do for me.
Best is to get a log on a lower map and post it in the support section so we can evaluate!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#708)
Old

Default 06-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Only one way to find out?
Okay so E85 BEF is safe to use with lower maps in this situation? Thanks in advance.

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#709)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 06-26-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag_n54
Now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't seen that code in weeks. I usually get it almost every time I drive. Been distracted with the annoying 120308 which Terry finally disabled in the BEF I'm on. Now to wait on MHD to code out the one for MAFless
wait, terry finally got the way to delete the CEL codes properly? honest question.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#710)
Old

Default 06-27-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins
wait, terry finally got the way to delete the CEL codes properly? honest question.
when will those maps to be uploaded to the first post? I'm still getting CEL driving on freeway...

(#711)
Old

Default 06-27-2018, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siim138
when will those maps to be uploaded to the first post? I'm still getting CEL driving on freeway...
I thought they were updated but I'm still getting drivetrain malfunction with both e85 and race flashes

F30 335i PWG AT l MHD Stage 2+ E30 l WMI l VRSF D.P l VRSF FMIC l VRSF C.P l FTP Outlet l FTP Inlet l GFB DV+ l OCC l NGK 97506 .020 l Stage 2 LPFP l Resonator Delete w/ Stock Muffler
(#712)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag_n54
I thought they were updated but I'm still getting drivetrain malfunction with both e85 and race flashes
Each firmware family has it's own challenges disabling false alarm faults. So you'd have to specify the firmware version if you need further help on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#713)
Old

Default 06-27-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Each firmware family has it's own challenges disabling false alarm faults. So you'd have to specify the firmware version if you need further help on it.
I posted it few posts back and got no response. Pwg2_e85_3 and pwg2_race_4d

(#714)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 06-28-2018, 07:18 PM

I'm getting the low boost code pretty frequently on PWG3_E85_2, appears to be in 3rd gear on up (on-ramps, light highway accelaration). The code seems justified, the car lags like crazy under light/medium throttle except in 1st and 2nd where it seems normal. It was better on PWG3_Race4c, though that one was giving me fuel cutouts in 4th at WOT. Currently running map 2, tried map 5, same issue was there.

Edit: No issues on stock BEF with map 2 or 5

2013 IBM 335i
Dinan Intake, JB4+MHD, ER IC, **, CP, TIC

Last edited by 1stupidsailor; 06-28-2018 at 07:23 PM..
(#715)
Old

Car: 2012 f30 335i
Thumbs down 07-02-2018, 01:39 AM

Is there a problem with the post or something?! Because itís showing that there is 31 pages and I canít go past page 29

N55 powerd 335I sedan :
1- kettyless D P
2- CP
3- Custom exhaust
4- JB4 + FF wires
5- BMS F30 N55 Performance Intake
6- BMS WMI KIT
(#716)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alo0oy215
Is there a problem with the post or something?! Because itís showing that there is 31 pages and I canít go past page 29
It only shows 29 for me too, could have been a bug.

Burger Motorsports

(#717)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive MSport, JB4, BMS intake, ******* ********, Corsa Exaust
Default 07-02-2018, 07:31 PM

Guys... not the most computer savvy guy in the team.
Once I flash my ecu, and download the BEF files from this page, they come in a .bin format. I could not find them on my device so far... Where should I put them on my SD card? Do they need to be de-compressed or they will work just as they are? Thanks a lot

2013 BMW 355i xDrive M-SPORT/MPPK, JB4 Flex Fuel, BMS Intake, Corsa Pro Series, C* Less **.
(#718)
Old

Default 07-03-2018, 07:22 AM

Check your download folder. Unzip/extract the files and place the folder with the files in the jb4 folder

(#719)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 07-03-2018, 07:55 AM

2014 M235i, FBO, JB4 with EWG connector, 98 RON pump gas (93oct).

I am considering JB4+BEF+BMS WMI kit. I have several questions. Anyone here is on BEF with WMI? Is the power delivery as smooth as Map 5 or more aggressive like Map 2 or even more aggressive? Any other comments? How's the BEF and WMI integration at the moment? Does adding the WMI kit with the BEF makes a big difference in power?

Should I download the PUMP or RACE BEF file (taking into account I'm using 98 RON pump gas (93oct) and I may consider adding the WMI kit?

Once I download the appropriate BEF file, the next step is to try Map 5 and log to see if all is good? If things are good, the next step would be adding the WMI kit and then try Map 3 and log?

If I want to turn off the water/meth flow, all I need to do is to change from Map 3 to other maps such as Map 1,2 or 5?

Sorry for all the questions. I am a newbie in BEF and WMI. Thanks!

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 6.5), GruppeM intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#720)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2018, 08:34 AM

The BEF works nicely with the JB4's WMI integration, same directions apply as if you didn't have the BEF. Log map3 on a 40 additive and evaluate it once meth is installed.

By default meth flows on map3, 6, and 7. So map1, map2, and map5 by default will have meth flow off.

Burger Motorsports

(#721)
Old

Car: BMW M235i
Default 07-03-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
The BEF works nicely with the JB4's WMI integration, same directions apply as if you didn't have the BEF. Log map3 on a 40 additive and evaluate it once meth is installed.

By default meth flows on map3, 6, and 7. So map1, map2, and map5 by default will have meth flow off.
Thanks for the reply Terry. I am assuming BEF plus WMI should make more power than BEF alone? How is the power delivery with the BEF with WMI? Smooth? Or more aggressive?

Which BEF file should I use? Race or pump? I use 98 Ron gas (93 oct).

If I have further question about wmi, can I post here or in support section?
Thanks!

2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BEF (BMS EWG Race 10 map), 98 RON pump fuel (93 oct), BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 6.5), GruppeM intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER ******* **, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD.
(#722)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2018, 09:34 AM

On power gains with the BEF a little. It's more about smoothing out the tuning, raising the transmission holding capacity, etc. Use the BEF thread.

For WMI specific questions use a meth thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#723)
Old

Car: Bmw 135i
Default 07-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Hey Terry I have a 2014 335i and I cant code out the 02 sensors because of the ******* down pipe. And the xdf is in German.

Thanks,
Alex
(#724)
Old

Default 07-09-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Terry, are these BEFs going to be able to be used with Fuel It's CPI? (pump or e85 fuel)? or will we need custom flashes for such matters?

(#725)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 08:46 PM

We'll make a BEF map to match CPI!

Burger Motorsports